NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

So what tactics does Patrick need to implement to help the team complete 3 passes in a row against the red bulls? We brought in Berget for long ball and hold up play and we still lost against them. Our players are getting punched in the mouth and they're not fighting back, that's what's happening here.

and that still goes back to PV....both RB games just come out flat...the portland game was another bad game they just came out like meh. houston also after they tied it was just lack of effort. This not counting playoff games from past years he doenst hype them or get them up after going down or motivate that hey we are not done yet.

i personally dont like the whole play out the back when playing a good team, the passing is just too slow for me, its not effective in what its supposed to do.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So what tactics does Patrick need to implement to help the team complete 3 passes in a row against the red bulls? We brought in Berget for long ball and hold up play and we still lost against them. Our players are getting punched in the mouth and they're not fighting back, that's what's happening here.

Then maybe he's a terrible motivator. Hence our record in cup and playoff matches (and even big regular season matchups). As well as our penchant for allowing early goals, because our teams come out flat footed.

Maybe figure out how to motivate the players before a match so they’re ready to run through a brick wall? Maybe not lie about leaving for another job? He flat out said the rumors didn’t affect the players, but the optics say otherwise - these guys weren’t busting their asses for a manager that was walking away from them - respect goes both ways, and Vieira lost the locker room.

To be fair, the Red Bulls started out last year decidedly mediocre and got stronger as the year wore on. That showed in the games we played against them.

They are just a better team right now than they were last year, with better players and a stronger tactical understanding.

Maybe figure out how to motivate the players before a match so they’re ready to run through a brick wall? Maybe not lie about leaving for another job? He flat out said the rumors didn’t affect the players, but the optics say otherwise - these guys weren’t busting their asses for a manager that was walking away from them - respect goes both ways, and Vieira lost the locker room.
This only happens against the red bulls. So you're telling me vieira can have the team ready for every opponent except the red bulls? I refuse to believe the blame is solely on the manager.

This only happens against the red bulls. So you're telling me vieira can have the team ready for every opponent except the red bulls? I refuse to believe the blame is solely on the manager.

Or Toronto, or Columbus, or a number of other matches I've probably erased from my memory because we got all hyped and then the team shat their collective pants.

What's important is that teams react to opposites. JK was a motivator, screaming "be a dick" and what not. It didn't work on his Euro superstars, but it's a type of coach. Then they move on to laid back PV. That worked too, but players didn't respond in big matches. Maybe it's time to get another screaming maniac in the locker room to push these guys to fight come playoff time?

We looked fantastic against Portland, didn’t we? And that Houston match was fun to watch against a technically inferior team. And New England had our number earlier in the year - we were flat at hell against them.

Or Toronto, or Columbus, or a number of other matches I've probably erased from my memory because we got all hyped and then the team shat their collective pants.

What's important is that teams react to opposites. JK was a motivator, screaming "be a dick" and what not. It didn't work on his Euro superstars, but it's a type of coach. Then they move on to laid back PV. That worked too, but players didn't respond in big matches. Maybe it's time to get another screaming maniac in the locker room to push these guys to fight come playoff time?
Jason kreis??? Yeah I'm done here

Reactions: LionNYC
Hey Nice fans! Congrats on getting PV as your coach, just a couple of things:

Who’s your local rival? Sorry, don’t expect to win much against them. Nah, you won’t be bad, you’ll win, but don’t think about winning the league (you wouldn’t anyway with PSG, but...)

Oh, yeah, forget Cup competitions, yeah you’ll go belly up in those as well. And maybe you’ll make it to Europa League, but don’t expect to have much success there. Enjoy beating the bottom table teams and generally you’ll be happy, except for, well, shitting the bed in any important matches. Have fun!

A thought I had in the shower. Zidane for 6 months before he takes the French national team job?

EDIT: How about Pep for one or two games during the World Cup and everyone else is on holiday?

Reactions: Kjbert
I figure there's a 98% chance the replacement comes from inside the organization. Besides it being the CFG way, there are no rumors or reports at all about anyone being in talks with us.
So Arteta is about to get his coaching experience.... CFG is the epitome of the “hold my beer” management groups.

I figure there's a 98% chance the replacement comes from inside the organization. Besides it being the CFG way, there are no rumors or reports at all about anyone being in talks with us.

My money is on Arteta. Same mold as Vieria - young former player already associated with the club and desiring first team management experience in order to make a next step in Europe.

Side note: Legit wouldn't mind if he wanted to be a player/manager and replace Herrera too.

EDIT: Ulrich Ulrich beat me to it.

Last edited:
My money is on Arteta. Same mold as Vieria - young former player already associated with the club and desiring first team management experience in order to make a next step in Europe.

EDIT: Ulrich Ulrich beat me to it.

CFG probably already making the call and telling him to pack his things hes coming to nyc

Reactions: canchon
If what is being reported is true, that PV is taking his whole staff, it’s not like a coach is leaving - there is no one left to coach, or if you hire a coach, he has no staff.

That is a legitimate middle finger, “who cares” move. You cripple the team in the middle of the season.

Even Lampard already has a job, jeez.

If what is being reported is true, that PV is taking his whole staff, it’s not like a coach is leaving - there is no one left to coach, or if you hire a coach, he has no staff.

That is a legitimate middle finger, “who cares” move. You cripple the team in the middle of the season.

Even Lampard already has a job, jeez.

Hope I have enough citizen points to coach vs Toronto.