NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH
"Yes, I received a call from the Arsenal board and I am quite really pissed at them. Their call did not respect the game. They can fuck off more than Mix Diskerud." - Vieira, probably.
Though according to Sunday night's broadcast, Mix was integral in pitching MLS and NYCFC to his close buddy Berget. I suspect they got that wrong.

Though according to Sunday night's broadcast, Mix was integral in pitching MLS and NYCFC to his close buddy Berget. I suspect they got that wrong.

Well, Mix and Berget are basically the same guy, except Vieira likes Berget. Scandinavian, interesting hair choices, making between $600-800K.

Reactions: Kjbert
"Yes, I received a call from the Arsenal board and I am quite really pissed at them. Their call did not respect the game. They can fuck off more than Mix Diskerud." - Vieira, probably.

“I received a call and I was really quite pissed at that call’s performance. Arsenal needs to work very hard to create more chances for me to become its manager.”

Seriously, though, the manager merry-go-round is only starting in England, and if Vieira sees any PL club as a stepping stone to greater things, he might be gone soon. Arsenal are a number or two too big at the moment, as is perhaps even Everton, but there are clubs like West Ham United and who knows who else, that could be looking forward to his signature. If he goes, he might even take Ring with him, as Ring's stalling wages are hinting.

Any manager would be silly to go to the EPL unless you get a Top 6 job.

Reactions: canchon
And in light of this, it’s no surprise NYCFC has had its worst run of form, all results taking place during discussions with Arsenal and Nice. Have there been any other interested teams?

For a guy that demands full attention from his players, this has been a total farce of a month now that it’s all coming to light.

Or we just played five top ten teams in a row, four away?

Or we just played five top ten teams in a row, four away?
We were the top team when playing them and statistically should have been able to get results in every match, but got dismantled by two of the teams while only winning at home vs a suspect top-10 team that hasn’t really played anybody yet. It wasn’t just the results, but how we looked in-game with little drive/motivation in the blowout losses.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Next man up. Do they go with an interim manager or make an appointment now?

appointment...i doubt CFG wants interim....if they know that the Ligue 1 teams are serious and PV is showing signs of leaving then im sure they are looking for appointment.

unless you want Bruce Arena as interim or something weird like that.

appointment...i doubt CFG wants interim....if they know that the Ligue 1 teams are serious and PV is showing signs of leaving then im sure they are looking for appointment.

unless you want Bruce Arena as interim or something weird like that.

If it were Arena I am out on this team permanently.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
i feel the FO is capable of doing something foolish like this. the only thing that helps against it is that they already had gotten an "MLS guy" in Kreis and that failed so they have that bad experience
I think they’re capable of doing it, fcking up royally, but if they’re true to The Company’s mantra, Arena won’t get a sniff since he’s incapable of touting somebody else’s company line. CFG will want a guy that buys into their methodology, culture, and mindset. Arena moves to the beat of his own demagogue drums and barring a come-to-Jesus moment where he succumbs to CFG’s employee handbook, he’s not going to agree to run things with somebody else dictating them.

I think they’re capable of doing it, fcking up royally, but if they’re true to The Company’s mantra, Arena won’t get a sniff since he’s incapable of touting somebody else’s company line. CFG will want a guy that buys into their methodology, culture, and mindset. Arena moves to the beat of his own demagogue drums and barring a come-to-Jesus moment where he succumbs to CFG’s employee handbook, he’s not going to agree to run things with somebody else dictating them.

true.....so it may be someone heading one of their youth academies or maybe someone else in the CFG group ( Girona manager? )

Next man up. Do they go with an interim manager or make an appointment now?
PV's staff is hands on so they may promote the most able of the group on an interim basis to ensure continuity (assuming he doesn't raid his staff), with DV becoming closer to player-coach.

Reactions: Christopher Jee