NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Not the PV coaching Mario B some had hoped for. Can't do better than canchon canchon has done summarizing why this would be a logical, no-brainer move for him.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
2. Ligue 1 is a classic manager feeder league. Example: Current Nice manager going to BVB. Ligue 1 is a step up and will give him the proximity needed, he’ll be in Europe with a top league instead of “the” MLS which no big club would be caught dead getting their next manager from.

He’d also get Europa League as a showcase next season and would get to live in Nice, which has to be some kind of factor.

giphy.gif

Could be both, and I agree Vieira botched the Red Bulls game. I just tend to be skeptical of the "[team/player/coach] was distracted by [unrelated news story] and that's why they lost the game" narratives fans spin for ourselves, especially when there's a more obvious explanation.

if anything ...i feel like he is still missing that killer instinct. past two playoff series the team came out FLAT and played bad in the first legs and the RB game this year felt almost exactly the same. Like he didnt amp them up or just flat out not prepare correctly. like he half assed it.

So given all that’s going on I could see PV leaving, namely:

1. Arsenal - you really don’t want to be the caretaker after a legendary manager (see Moyes, David). So PV takes another European job, is successful, and is just waiting when the inevitable “next guy” doesn’t succeed. It also gives him more time to bring in younger players as a lot of the current Arsenal players will still be around next year.

2. Ligue 1 is a classic manager feeder league. Example: Current Nice manager going to BVB. Ligue 1 is a step up and will give him the proximity needed, he’ll be in Europe with a top league instead of “the” MLS which no big club would be caught dead getting their next manager from.

3. Pep just renewed with Man City - meaning more likely, more years before that job will become available. This could make PV less susceptible to CFG’s “we want you to succeed Pep” back channel talk and PV knows that to get to a big league, he needs to get out of “the”MLS.

Gulp. Who would think that at the next HRD neither PV nor Marsch could be there.

where is Marsch going?

Not the PV coaching Mario B some had hoped for. Can't do better than canchon canchon has done summarizing why this would be a logical, no-brainer move for him.

Mario is rumored to go to Marseille next year.

I would be upset but I just love the image of Vieira in a villa in Southern France. It just seems too perfect with his vocabulary.

I would be upset but I just love the image of Vieira in a villa in Southern France. It just seems too perfect with his vocabulary.

English vocabulary? He'd be speaking French the entire time.

Google Translate

Quite Really Pleased --> Tout à fait vraiment heureux ---> Totally really happy

Reactions: Kjbert
RB Leipzig just parted ways with their manager. Now, I personally think that this is a huge step up for Marsch, but we do know that he is eyeing a European move. Salzburg seems more of a potential destination within the RB network.
Red Bulls are set to make a major soccer announcement tomorrow at 2 pm. Could be that RBA is a Gold Cup venue, but you never know.

He should go if given the opportunity. We'll need to find a replacement but PV managing a top Ligue 1 side does wonders for our credibility with management recruitment. You can use this job to launch your career.

I'm sure RBNJ is thinking the same thing.

He should go if given the opportunity. We'll need to find a replacement but PV managing a top Ligue 1 side does wonders for our credibility with management recruitment. You can use this job to launch your career.

I'm sure RBNJ is thinking the same thing.
Speaking of Ligue 1 managers, if Bradley had stuck around Le Havre, he could likely have the accolade of leading the club to promotion - they're in the playoffs to promote up (next semi against L2 3rd place team, then final again L1 18th place team), and he was really the one who righted their ship back when he was there. Not that he isn't doing a great job with LAFC, and if they win silverware this year it was a great gamble for him, but to have promotion to a top5 league on his CV would be a great mark.

Reactions: Fake Jew and Kjbert
Speaking of Ligue 1 managers, if Bradley had stuck around Le Havre, he could likely have the accolade of leading the club to promotion - they're in the playoffs to promote up (next semi against L2 3rd place team, then final again L1 18th place team), and he was really the one who righted their ship back when he was there. Not that he isn't doing a great job with LAFC, and if they win silverware this year it was a great gamble for him, but to have promotion to a top5 league on his CV would be a great mark.

True. But living in Manhattan Beach doesn't suck either :)

Reactions: Ulrich