NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

I didn't want Vieira to leave us for Arsenal but, the main argument against Vieira was his lack of experience. How the hell is Arteta any better in that aspect?

Reactions: Kjbert
But now with Arsenal sniffing around PV, it’s not over. Now some lesser Euro club may steal him away this summer. I still think he’s gone this summer.

Would explain his demeanor on the sidelines yesterday.
So how does this work from a business standpoint? PV is under contract. Does Nice pay CFG a transfer fee to have the contract terminated? If so, can any of it be special Garber Bucks, or is it simply a business side transaction that has no effect on the roster construction?

Am I correct in guessing that this would the first time an MLS team has lost a head coach they otherwise want mid-season due to being hired away?
Are you counting managers leaving to take over exclusive MNT duties?

Reactions: Kjbert
I guess it’s to be expected if he was going to go coach in Europe, but it really sucks to have him leave mid season without finishing his contract. Maybe Lattanzio stays to finish the season so we don’t have to try and change the whole system

I was thinking just to go to other clubs. Wasn’t considering NT duty. Has that happened mid-season?
Also, can’t remember the exact circumstances, but Carlos Queiroz left the Metrostars mid season for Grambus Eight in the JLeague. Hell, they were so sucky bad that maybe he was fired, but he had an immediate job at G8 so I think there were negotiations going on before he cleaned out his desk.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I have to say that leaving mid-season is low rent. Finish the year and take a few months off. Sign with a club 1 year from now.

The one constant in European soccer is the steady stream of high-profile coaching openings.