NYCFC Digital - Hello & NYC TBTs

NYCFC Digital

Registered
Club
Apr 7, 2020
New York, NY
www.nycfc.com
Hello NYCFC Forums, this is Mark Booth from the NYCFC Digital team. I spoke with Dejan and he said it'd be cool if we set up a presence for the NYCFC content team here on the forum, primarily to help spread the word when there's opportunities to take part in things we're doing from a content & social media perspective and give a heads up when there are things coming down the pike. In time, we'd also be interested in hosting some Q&As with players/staff on here if that'd be of interest, so stay tuned for more & DMs are open if you have any ideas / suggestions, either for content or things you'd like to see from us here.

Here's a couple of bits we wanted to put on your radar:

Stay Healthy. Stay Home.
For those who haven't seen it yet, we launched a health and wellness hub at NYCFC.com/StayHome with resources for individuals and families (coloring sheets, crosswords, word searches, skills challenges), as well as interviews with players and staff + schedules with some virtual events we have coming up, including...

NYC TBT Series
For those able to support the City by staying home, we'll be kicking off a new biweekly series of Throwback Thursday classic matches on NYCFC.com and on our social channels starting 4/23 with the July 2016 Hudson River Derby. Hope you'll take part in the coverage on Twitter & IG with us, sending in your photos, clips & memories on the night - look out for some old favorites in our coverage, too... More info here: https://www.nycfc.com/post/2020/04/16/nyc-tbt-introducing-throwback-thursdays-nycfccom - also very interested in which games you'd like to see us replay next!

EVu7bdbWsAACVRX.jpeg

Hope you're all doing well

Mark

Hello NYCFC Forums, this is Mark Booth from the NYCFC Digital team. I spoke with Dejan and he said it'd be cool if we set up a presence for the NYCFC content team here on the forum, primarily to help spread the word when there's opportunities to take part in things we're doing from a content & social media perspective and give a heads up when there are things coming down the pike. In time, we'd also be interested in hosting some Q&As with players/staff on here if that'd be of interest, so stay tuned for more & DMs are open if you have any ideas / suggestions, either for content or things you'd like to see from us here.

Here's a couple of bits we wanted to put on your radar:

Stay Healthy. Stay Home.
For those who haven't seen it yet, we launched a health and wellness hub at NYCFC.com/StayHome with resources for individuals and families (coloring sheets, crosswords, word searches, skills challenges), as well as interviews with players and staff + schedules with some virtual events we have coming up, including...

NYC TBT Series
For those able to support the City by staying home, we'll be kicking off a new biweekly series of Throwback Thursday classic matches on NYCFC.com and on our social channels starting 4/23 with the July 2016 Hudson River Derby. Hope you'll take part in the coverage on Twitter & IG with us, sending in your photos, clips & memories on the night - look out for some old favorites in our coverage, too... More info here: https://www.nycfc.com/post/2020/04/16/nyc-tbt-introducing-throwback-thursdays-nycfccom - also very interested in which games you'd like to see us replay next!

View attachment 10731

Hope you're all doing well

Mark

welcome to the forums. Would love a Q&A with the NYCFC intern who’s been staking the forums the last few years ;) And good luck catching up on the stadium thread, should keep you busy the entire quarantine!

Most Wanted Q&As:
1. Daniel Laroche (What player needs the most laundry detergent?)
2. Ronny Deila
3. Nicolas Acevedo (Does he even has his visa yet?)
4. Fred Bunker (How is the Club's balance sheet?)

Most Wanted TBT Series Matches:
1. vs. Red Bulls August 6, 2017
2. at LAFC May 13, 2018 (need the clip of me tossing the ball to Anton Tinnerholm for the throw in)
3. at Portland May 15, 2016
4. vs. Columbus November 5, 2017 (so close to that third goal)

Welcome to the forum!! :)
Would recommend not to read any of the Post Match threads for
3) The second game of 2020
2) The first game of 2020
1) The playoff game from 2019

otherwise, can't wait to see the content and presence around here!

• Haha
Reactions: Christopher Jee
Mark - very happy to see you & the club with a formal presence on the site. There are a lot of very passionate and informed fans here, so I think it will fruitful (especially if you are thick skinned enough to avoid the negativity).

TBT Matches
1. NYCFC 3, New Jersey 2 - August 2017 - most exciting game we've played, I think
2. NYCFC 2, Chicago 1 - July 2017 - Herrera red card
3. NYCFC 5, Orlando 3 - July 2015 - Pirlo's first game
4. New Jersey 0, NYCFC 2 - June 2017 - victory at Red Bull Arena
5. NYCFC 4, Atlanta 1 - Sep 2019 - Mitri's Massacre
6. NYCFC 1, Atlanta 1 - June 2018 - Vieira's last game
7. NYCFC 5, Colorado 1 - July 2016 - Lampard hat trick
8. DCU 0, NYCFC 2 - April 2019 - Dome gets on track
9. NYCFC 3, Vancouver 2 - April 2016 - Vieira gets on track*
10. NYCFC 2, Seattle 1 - June 2017 - Rain game

View attachment 10744

i dont hate heber, i just feel villa is better up there and mitri better winger moving inside. Isi if no injuries obviously. I know formation sucks due to potentially get burned on wings but whatever.

You'd take Isi over Jack on the wing? I forgot about Yangel. But I like Frank's scoring & playmaking, when he was healthy he was a machine for us (from all his body parts). I can see the argument of Yangel over Ring at the 6 from a talent perspective, but I'd have to keep cookie burger in there.

Oh, and F Mitri till he shows some consistency. Villa might be better up top, but he can play the wing better than Heber and felt it got our best talent on the pitch in positions they could all perform in (aside for the Yangel/Ring 6 spot I'm now wavering on).

Reactions: Christopher Jee
You'd take Isi over Jack on the wing? I forgot about Yangel. But I like Frank's scoring & playmaking, when he was healthy he was a machine for us (from all his body parts). I can see the argument of Yangel over Ring at the 6 from a talent perspective, but I'd have to keep cookie burger in there.

Oh, and F Mitri till he shows some consistency. Villa might be better up top, but he can play the wing better than Heber and felt it got our best talent on the pitch in positions they could all perform in (aside for the Yangel/Ring 6 spot I'm now wavering on).

yep. It felt jack was “figured out” in his second year. And he couldnt win the one on ones. Isi can at least ive seen him do it. And he still does his crazy goals out of nothing here and there. Another thing is that isi seems to be able to play in the middle too, i remember the game vs SJ there was no maxi and after some adjustments he was moved to middle for creative offense and was doing well and i think he got an assist.

as for mitri i put him there because i feel villa would be wasted on the wing. He can play the position but still prefer him in the box moving around keeping defenders guessing, and in effect can allow isi and mitri to cut inside. Yes i get mitri has not been consistent all year but those final two reg season months showed what he can do, his obvious peak was his hat trick vs atlanta

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
I don't know how to do all the fancy images like you folks, so I'll just go text-based.

Villa-Heber-Harrison---
---------Maxi----
-----Herrera-Ring----
Mata-Callens-Chanot-Tinnerholm
-----Johnson-----

Bench: Sands, Allen, Lampard, Tajouri-Shradi, Mitrita, Castellanos

It was really hard for me not to put Sands in the XI, but I think Herrera eeks him out. I could be convinced otherwise. No backup goalie on the bench because this is a fantasy exercise and I need the spot for Tati. Not sure Allen belongs, but I wanted the second defender. Frankly it's either him or one of McNamara/Bravo, I pick Allen because he was more consistent than those guys -- maybe not consistently outstanding, but consistent in that he infrequently had really bad games.

I don't know how to do all the fancy images like you folks, so I'll just go text-based.

Villa-Heber-Harrison---
---------Maxi----
-----Herrera-Ring----
Mata-Callens-Chanot-Tinnerholm
-----Johnson-----

Bench: Sands, Allen, Lampard, Tajouri-Shradi, Mitrita, Castellanos

It was really hard for me not to put Sands in the XI, but I think Herrera eeks him out. I could be convinced otherwise. No backup goalie on the bench because this is a fantasy exercise and I need the spot for Tati. Not sure Allen belongs, but I wanted the second defender. Frankly it's either him or one of McNamara/Bravo, I pick Allen because he was more consistent than those guys -- maybe not consistently outstanding, but consistent in that he infrequently had really bad games.
I used https://www.buildlineup.com/

Reactions: ZYanksRule
What I find interesting about this one (and it is true of others) is that there are 4 players who went on from NYCFC to play in a Top 5 European League, and this doesn’t include any of them.

Not a criticism. Just an observation about how random something like that can ultimately be.
At the time they were playing for us, I'd say the ones listed were/are better. Now those players might be doing better, but at the time we had them personally I didn't think so?

Reactions: Gotham Gator
What I find interesting about this one (and it is true of others) is that there are 4 players who went on from NYCFC to play in a Top 5 European League, and this doesn’t include any of them.
Not a criticism. Just an observation about how random something like that can ultimately be.
I'm stumped - Angelino, Shelton and Herrera. Harrison is one level short, and is in the lineup you reference. Facey had 3 games in Eredivisie, but that's not Top 5. Who am I missing?
Also, Shelton's career qualifies as a mystery of the universe. If that Jonathan Frakes Beyond Belief TV show were still running there ould be an episode about Shelton's career..

Last edited: