NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2017

I don't know if there's a non-arbitrary line between 1.x and 2.x. I'm not going to argue against either position as long as it's reasonably clear which you use.

Well, you can surely make the case year 1 was v1. Let's go from there.

2015 - v1
2016 - PV takes over. You could say v2 starts, but many players from v1 remain. Style different.
2017 - few players from v1 remain. But 2 notable ones are DPs. The DPs play differently then from v1. And the team has gotten much younger. Is this the start of v2?
2018 - only one DP remains from v1. Maybe even fewer regular players. Completely different style integrated over 3 seasons of play. Has to be v2 at this point. If not v3 and v2 was the transitional period of 2016-2017.

And you know what? Who cares?

Focus of the article is the roster turnover, with lots of foreign players and youth, and challenge of integrating them given many arrived late and speak different languages etc. It's a decent, solid overview. It also notes our traditional defensive issues and ties it into the main theme.
We will always hear about our defensive problems until we start stringing together a bunch of shutouts within a long unbeaten streak.

I'll personally be excited if we drop out of the top 5, but I think it takes getting below top 10 to drop the reputation.

Just remember, if you remove the 7-0 result we were not as bad as it seemed last season. And if you only count the second half of the season when we pulled it all together (it took time for PV to adapt to the league and for team to learn his system), we were even better still. And now we have more talent on the backline and in goal and speed in the midfield. I'm Wildly optimistic.

Idk where else to put this, but today is #Dress4MLS, where you dress up in MLS gear at work and try not to get fired.
I didn't even know about this, but I actually have participated almost daily for going on 3 years.

To JayH JayH's point, I usually go for a shirt pull by the copier. exploit my upper body strength advantage over the programmers.

Just remember, if you remove the 7-0 result we were not as bad as it seemed last season. And if you only count the second half of the season when we pulled it all together (it took time for PV to adapt to the league and for team to learn his system), we were even better still. And now we have more talent on the backline and in goal and speed in the midfield. I'm Wildly optimistic.
One of my Wildcard make-your-own-prediction-subject predictions is based on exactly this reasoning.
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/2017-nyc-player-team-predictions.5324/#post-188446

Reactions: adam

Even if you're just counting post Red Wedding, we still gave up on average 1.65 goals a game which would be ranked 17th in the league last season