Nycfc Seeks To Claim Jack Harrison As Homegrown

Just read a nice write up about Vieira from Renyas words. I am happy to hear they are talking a lot about line ups already. I was surprised to hear Vieira had a say in the PR line-up, I mean it makes sense but I figured the goal coach set all of that up. Last thing to mention is that Harrison is from England and would take up an international spot. I hadn't thought about that, would that be a large factor against signing him because we want to save those spots?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...looking-players-who-fit-coach-patrick-vieiras
I think he may have his green card. If he does, it would not be an int. spot.

Reactions: JCMore
I don't think he does. I do recall an interview where he does that he has discussed dual citizenship with his mom.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just read a nice write up about Vieira from Renyas words. I am happy to hear they are talking a lot about line ups already. I was surprised to hear Vieira had a say in the PR line-up, I mean it makes sense but I figured the goal coach set all of that up. Last thing to mention is that Harrison is from England and would take up an international spot. I hadn't thought about that, would that be a large factor against signing him because we want to save those spots?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...looking-players-who-fit-coach-patrick-vieiras
I don't think he does. I do recall an interview where he does that he has discussed dual citizenship with his mom.
interesting, because in order to apply for citizenship you need to establish a green card first in most cases.

interesting, because in order to apply for citizenship you need to establish a green card first in most cases.
Here's the link to the discussion about dual citizenship:

Interview

Q: No kidding around: When are the Three Lions (England’s national team) going to win another FIFA World Cup, and will Team USA win one first?

A: I wouldn’t push against the U.S., they’re a good side. But as patriotic as I am, I have to root for England. However, it just doesn’t seem likely England will win in the near future. Me and my mom have discussed dual citizenship. I don’t think she’d mind if I ended up playing for the U.S. National Team someday if that were fortunate enough to happen. But my friends in England would be all over me.

Was his dad a U.S. citizen because he would be eligible for a green card if we was. The other factor is whether or not he wants to go to Europe to play with MLS just being the first bus stop.

Maybe he isn't playing this week because Chicago told him he is going first overall.