Nycfc Seeks To Claim Jack Harrison As Homegrown

Wednesday and still no definitive list of Generation Adidas players...... hardball being played......

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
he has not signed a deal yet. He is one of two guys who they are still working on according to Ives.

Would he be the top winger in the draft?
Not sure if he's considered a winger or central midfielder, but at any rate, he'd be the top midfielder in the draft..... only if MLS signs him to a GA deal or relents and grants him HG status....

If MLS cannot sign him to a GA, then he'll definitely fall (even though he's the top-rated Mid) because teams won't have confidence that he'd actually sign & play for them (e.g. Leo Stoltz).

Reactions: Kjbert
Wednesday and still no definitive list of Generation Adidas players...... hardball being played......
I just read Harrison signed a GA deal. Fuck the MLS they probably tried to give the GA claim to LA.

I just read Harrison signed a GA deal. Fuck the MLS they probably tried to give the GA claim to LA.
It's a really small class - wonder if MLS had to keep it small because a few guys at the end (Yaro & Harrison) were demanding more than normal contract and the available $$ was eaten up?

He got slammed by MLS Analyst at the Combine:
Stock Down
Jack Harrison, MF, Wake Forest (GA) -- Harrison may or may not have failed his physical, depending upon what you're hearing. There are several different messages floating around in the wind right now. If he's actually hurt it's unlikely to be something catastrophic.

The real problem is that teams aren't really sure what his best position is, and wanted the chance to eyeball him in this setting and see. He's played both central midfield and on the wing, and has been a game-changer in both spots, but any opportunity to impress that's not taken is an opportunity lost.

We'll see over the next 24 hours what reports come out regarding his health. And we'll also see if he stayed out of the Combine because somebody in the top three gave him a promise.

Range: I still don't think he drops out of the top 3, but let's say it's anywhere from No. 2 through No. 5
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...ock-stock-down-after-day-1-mls-player-combine

Stock Down
Jack Harrison, MF, Wake Forest (GA) -- Harrison may or may not have failed his physical, depending upon what you're hearing. There are several different messages floating around in the wind right now. If he's actually hurt it's unlikely to be something catastrophic.

The real problem is that teams aren't really sure what his best position is, and wanted the chance to eyeball him in this setting and see. He's played both central midfield and on the wing, and has been a game-changer in both spots, but any opportunity to impress that's not taken is an opportunity lost.

We'll see over the next 24 hours what reports come out regarding his health. And we'll also see if he stayed out of the Combine because somebody in the top three gave him a promise.

Range: I still don't think he drops out of the top 3, but let's say it's anywhere from No. 2 through No. 5
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...ock-stock-down-after-day-1-mls-player-combine

Slammed? He was going to be a top four pick. He's still a top four pick. Stock flat.

Stock Down

While this analysis works in NYCFC's favor, it is actually humorous. No team should be drafting the kid expecting him to be a day 1 savior since he's only 19, so if he has an injury, or whatever caused him to fail his physical, then he has time to heal and play whether it's this year or next. If teams' scouting has come to the same conclusion as this analyst, then they get what they deserve, because any GA that tanks the combine (without a truly obvious injury) has done so for a tactical reason. And blaming it on not knowing if he's an inside or outside player is a red herring.

You have a whole season of work to judge him on. Don't worry that he's out for 4 days.

You have a whole season of work to judge him on. Don't worry that he's out for 4 days.

Yea I always wondered this....they MUST have had tape from their season or NCAA tournament games or other championships that are a better indicator of what they can do. Not what they can do with ramdom college players that they probably never played with

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Yea I always wondered this....they MUST have had tape from their season or NCAA tournament games or other championships that are a better indicator of what they can do. Not what they can do with ramdom college players that they probably never played with
THAT's why the MLS Analysis is so ridiculous.....

Why is it so ridiculous? All they said was that there was a question about what position he would play in MLS.
Seriously? The analysis is ridiculous because they claim teams needed to see him up close to see what his best position is, as if throwing him in with a bunch of players he's unfamiliar with is a better gauge than the year's worth of film that every team should have on him. His stock should not fall at all because teams can't figure it out. That question is a red herring.

Slammed? He was going to be a top four pick. He's still a top four pick. Stock flat.
MLS Armchair analyst said his stock was down, it's right there in the article. I have no idea if this really effects him. Not that it matters, Chicago or Philly will probably draft him since MLS said no to NYCFC HGP attempt.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
Seriously? The analysis is ridiculous because they claim teams needed to see him up close to see what his best position is, as if throwing him in with a bunch of players he's unfamiliar with is a better gauge than the year's worth of film that every team should have on him. His stock should not fall at all because teams can't figure it out. That question is a red herring.
I think you are reading too much into one little line. If teams didn't want to see these player play in the combine, teams wouldn't show up and there would be no reason for a combine. It even mentions that he could be sitting out because he got a promise and that it isn't really going to affect his draft position.

Reactions: Gene
If other sports are any indication, players can certainly play themselves into higher picks than they'd likely go because of the combine. Whether this is earned or teams jumping the gun is another question, but at least it's not unlikely to see someone's stock rocket or plummet during the combine. But I agree that more stock should be put in the 100+ games they play and not the 4 days of the combine.

Reactions: FootyLovin
If other sports are any indication, players can certainly play themselves into higher picks than they'd likely go because of the combine. Whether this is earned or teams jumping the gun is another question, but at least it's not unlikely to see someone's stock rocket or plummet during the combine. But I agree that more stock should be put in the 100+ games they play and not the 4 days of the combine.
Agree. But those shifts are generally in lower picks. A projected #20 pick could play himself up to #12. But the closer you get to the top of the board the less likely you are to be the kind of unknown that could significantly change your position.

Reactions: AJS and Gene
Just read a nice write up about Vieira from Renyas words. I am happy to hear they are talking a lot about line ups already. I was surprised to hear Vieira had a say in the PR line-up, I mean it makes sense but I figured the goal coach set all of that up. Last thing to mention is that Harrison is from England and would take up an international spot. I hadn't thought about that, would that be a large factor against signing him because we want to save those spots?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...looking-players-who-fit-coach-patrick-vieiras