NYCFC Sign Maxime Chanot

Sorry if this has already been said but wouldn't Mendoza be the most obvious cut? Is he ever with the team anymore?

Reactions: Kjbert
pretty lame to lose a guy to international duty when he plays for Luxembourg. I mean not like he needs a lot of training to prepare for 6 nil defeats.
Guy is never going to miss time for Euros or WC duty and he will get to compete against some of the best forwards in the world in friendlies and WCQ. He also will not miss a single game for WCQ for the rest of the season.

I would like to see the heat map on Hernandez at RB. I gather he has been more of a third CB than anything else. Especially when you consider Brillant was the LCB and Mena was the RCB. Brillant anchored the back line 3. Hernandez rarely pushed up the field.
I don't think he was playing CB at all. based on this heat map (if you trust it), he's hugging the right sideline the entire match.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1043837/Live

upload_2016-7-12_14-22-13.png

Reactions: adam and NYCFCfan
Sorry if this has already been said but wouldn't Mendoza be the most obvious cut? Is he ever with the team anymore?
Yep. Under normal circumstances, I'm pretty sure a Loan can be canceled at any time, however I'm not sure if an injury is capable of holding up the termination.... unless of course the injury isn't really an injury since we saw a pick of him at the pool around the time of a rumor of him heading back to India and no word of surgery for the supposed sports hernia(?).

Reactions: Paul and ktdNYCFC
It looks like he was playing a defensive position, not a fullback position is that makes sense?

Which is what I was getting at. He barely crossed midfield. He was a third designated defender with Mena and Brillant
RJ isn't much different, albeit he did flip sides after the substitution. Other than a few forays past midfield, he was locked into a mirrored zone of Hernandez.

upload_2016-7-12_15-16-52.png

Reactions: Kjbert
It looks like he was playing a defensive position, not a fullback position is that makes sense?

Which is what I was getting at. He barely crossed midfield. He was a third designated defender with Mena and Brillant

Anyone remember if we had another fullback on the bench v. SKC? I'm curious if my tactical theory is still valid - the one he went with during the RB game (start Hern. @ RB, then bring in a fullback for a winger once were ahead). I figured he was saving himself an "extra sub" but starting Hernandez at FB and then moving to a more defensive 5-3-2 by taking off a winger. Obviously that move never got a chance in this game because we conceded first, and it would be even more so debunked if he didn't have another FB on the bench (Martinez/Gomez). If that's the case, then he's just pulling a crazy Kreis move playing Hernandez out of position when there are others available more suited to play that position.

Reactions: joe
RJ isn't much different, albeit he did flip sides after the substitution. Other than a few forays past midfield, he was locked into a mirrored zone of Hernandez.

View attachment 5293

Yeah that heat map is going to be totally misleading anyways - we played the whole damn game in our half, and had barely 35% possession. Just a throw away game :(

Anyone remember if we had another fullback on the bench v. SKC? I'm curious if my tactical theory is still valid - the one he went with during the RB game (start Hern. @ RB, then bring in a fullback for a winger once were ahead). I figured he was saving himself an "extra sub" but starting Hernandez at FB and then moving to a more defensive 5-3-2 by taking off a winger. Obviously that move never got a chance in this game because we conceded first, and it would be even more so debunked if he didn't have another FB on the bench (Martinez/Gomez). If that's the case, then he's just pulling a crazy Kreis move playing Hernandez out of position when there are others available more suited to play that position.
Only if you count Ethan White.

That may have been his plan - Smash/Grab the first goal and then bunker/counter the rest of the game so we wouldn't have to chase. If Mata's near-break a few minutes in hadn't of been offsides, we would have executed the plan perfectly - he wasn't going to be caught from behind With his speed and the initial separation.

More stuff:

Apparently Het Laaste Nieuws (popular Dutch newspaper) confirmed it as well, though I can't seem to find what article they're quoting. I was told it would be in the newspaper today so I don't doubt it's out there.

http://www.wort.lu/fr/sport/transfert-maxime-chanot-a-new-york-5784d43fac730ff4e7f635ee

They also confirmed something else I heard which is pretty funny, the reason behind the transfer is because the player's wife got a job in NYC with the French government, so naturally he wanted to be closer to her. And they say romance is dead!

They also confirmed something else I heard which is pretty funny, the reason behind the transfer is because the player's wife got a job in NYC with the French government, so naturally he wanted to be closer to her. And they say romance is dead!
Pure speculation, but this could be a very good sign. Perhaps he is worthy of a better league (e.g., the QPR speculation), but is coming here for personal reasons. Montreal got Ciman due to a family situation and he's arguably the best CB in the league.

There may be nothing to this, but it is fun to speculate and is perhaps no less informative than the YT highlight reel I posted above.