NYCFC Sign Maxime Chanot

2 year contract.

Thanks for the updates, NYCFCfan. 2y contract is a good length, especially for someone with no prior MLS experience.

26 years old is a good age as he's about to hit his prime. Wouldn't mind a similar aged winger during this transfer window (Looking at you Orlando Berrio) :)

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
Shouldn't that be 2.5 (or 1.5) given that it is a mid-season signing for us?

Regarding Hernandez at RB, the SKC game is a bad data point given our total lack of possession. Better to look at the NJ game (would do so myself but am on the train and can't get it to load).
I'll ask for clarification but that's what I was told.

I wonder what his salary will be / was at his old club. Toronto just released Perquis, who was making a whopping ~450 or so, which is a whopping ~half of what Mix makes (this is really starting to bother me). The scouting overlords at Fifa 16 rate Perquis and Chanot pretty close, but I doubt Chanot will hit us for 450..

Perquis is now available.. sell Mix, keep the French Connection going, and still profit. MLS, all your international slots are belong to us!

Almost our entire current starting lineup is international.

TMac (US) Villa (INT) Jack (INT)
Pirlo (INT) Iraola (INT) Lamps (INT)
Mata (INT) Mena/Chanot (INT) Brilliant (INT) RJ (US)
Saunders (US)
You can stretch it:

TMac can play for Ireland eventually, Saunders can play (has?) for Puerto Rico and even Hernandez has played for Puerto Rico this year.

Saunders (US)

This is surely unsustainable.

We've got to the point where we're even suggesting that we're signing centre-backs based on the fact they speak French. I mean, that's a ridiculous theory, but it speaks volumes.

Based on the video clips, seems like he can anchor the defense over Brillant. Wondering if there is a possibility of a formation change to 3-4-3 with Mata playing in midfield or as a winger with TMac dropping back to midfield? NOt so sure I like that idea but interesting to see if Vieira may experiment.

Also to note, like Brillant he is another French citizen with no top flight experience in Ligue 1 but had to go to Belgium. Not a negative per say but worth noting.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is surely unsustainable.

We've got to the point where we're even suggesting that we're signing centre-backs based on the fact they speak French. I mean, that's a ridiculous theory, but it speaks volumes.
I agree it seems unsustainable, but I also bet it is our plan until the academy starts graduating home grown players, and the Bluebirds are slow walking that process.

Saunders (US)

"inter new york"

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I agree it seems unsustainable, but I also bet it is our plan until the academy starts graduating home grown players, and the Bluebirds are slow walking that process.

i do think thats the plan but im sure we will get shit in the short term...especially if a title of any sort comes from this.

Shouldn't that be 2.5 (or 1.5) given that it is a mid-season signing for us?

Regarding Hernandez at RB, the SKC game is a bad data point given our total lack of possession. Better to look at the NJ game (would do so myself but am on the train and can't get it to load).

Not uncommon especially for international players to not add a half year in their deal when they sign in this window to give them the flexible to return to Europe or Latin America for the beginning of their season if they don't reup.