NYCFC Sign Maxime Chanot

Pure speculation, but this could be a very good sign. Perhaps he is worthy of a better league (e.g., the QPR speculation), but is coming here for personal reasons. Montreal got Ciman due to a family situation and he's arguably the best CB in the league.

There may be nothing to this, but it is fun to speculate and is perhaps no less informative than the YT highlight reel I posted above.
I found the HLN article, but I can't read it because it's behind a paywall :mad:

http://www.hln.be/plus/sport/jupiler-pro-league/chanot-naar-new-york-city-a2793554/

I should have more information as it develops, he was having his physical today so I'm guessing if he passed the team is waiting on acquiring an international roster spot before making it official. Same drill as what happened with Brillant.

Reactions: sbrylski
Super excited about this one. I think this will be the defensive signing we've been waiting for since 2014. And he's only 26 years old. I've been optimistic about a player before, but none for as much long term upside sans Mix (initially anyway) and Harrison.

One down, two to go? (Winger/forward and keeper.)

I found the HLN article, but I can't read it because it's behind a paywall :mad:

http://www.hln.be/plus/sport/jupiler-pro-league/chanot-naar-new-york-city-a2793554/

I should have more information as it develops, he was having his physical today so I'm guessing if he passed the team is waiting on acquiring an international roster spot before making it official. Same drill as what happened with Brillant.
An international spot should not keep him from immediately hopping a 1st class Etihad flight over and training with his buddy on the back line (Unless he has to have his work visa stamped in Europe). Lets get him practicing right away!

Etihad-A380-First-Class_-1024x684.jpg

More stuff:

Apparently Het Laaste Nieuws (popular Dutch newspaper) confirmed it as well, though I can't seem to find what article they're quoting. I was told it would be in the newspaper today so I don't doubt it's out there.

http://www.wort.lu/fr/sport/transfert-maxime-chanot-a-new-york-5784d43fac730ff4e7f635ee

They also confirmed something else I heard which is pretty funny, the reason behind the transfer is because the player's wife got a job in NYC with the French government, so naturally he wanted to be closer to her. And they say romance is dead!

Would this possible lead him to getting a green card?

Reactions: FootyLovin
Highlights only show his best work. That's a given. But I would love to see a side by side of those passes he made and the passes Mena made under similar pressure the last couple of weeks. Night and day.

Now, let's see him defend a set piece or play Giovinco in a 1 v 1 situation. If we anticipate dominating possession in most games, it's very important to have a guy who can play with the ball at his feet.

I'm with S sbrylski - now let's go get a Forward and a Keeper.

Here's some great highlights of his match vs the 2014 Italy team (including our Pirlo). He looks really good. Skip to 2:34 if you want to see his goal off a corner to level the match at 1-1.

Can't say that having watched Brillant this season that my overriding feeling has been "Yeah, let's sign more players like him". But I'm hoping this guy exceeds my expectations. Otherwise it strikes me as a bit of a weird one.

Looks like his only non-Jesus guy he is following is the founder of: http://www.fffusa.fr/ which if I interpreted the translation helps bring French players to US universities and pro leagues to play soccer. I am guessing that he is his agent or something.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can't say that having watched Brillant this season that my overriding feeling has been "Yeah, let's sign more players like him". But I'm hoping this guy exceeds my expectations. Otherwise it strikes me as a bit of a weird one.

We've been trying to play out of the back with guys like Mena who can't complete a pass so the fact that he has ball skills could be a big plus.