NYCFC Social Media Thread

I kind of like the account overall, but that's just a really bad take.

I didn't see the game, but even if Keaton stunk it up to Eloy Amagat proportions, his full body of work at the Club justifies everyone's respect.

Reactions: Kjbert and Higgs1
The #DaleNewYork hashtag suddenly appeared on the team Twitter account a few weeks ago with no introduction that I could find. When used it generates the team logo right after it. The logo disappears when the tweet shows up in the forum but it's there on the twitter website and app.

My initial reaction also was "who the hell is Dale?" But according to translate services Dale is a one-word exhortation of encouragement in Spanish, meaning something like "go ahead" "come on" or "keep it up." But why mix that with New York instead of Nueva York? My guess is it's a contrived Spanglish phrase. They're using it on almost every tweet, even if everything else is in English, or Spanish..

The #DaleNewYork hashtag suddenly appeared on the team Twitter account a few weeks ago with no introduction that I could find. When used it generates the team logo right after it. The logo disappears when the tweet shows up in the forum but it's there on the twitter website and app.

My initial reaction also was "who the hell is Dale?" But according to translate services Dale is a one-word exhortation of encouragement in Spanish, meaning something like "go ahead" "come on" or "keep it up." But why mix that with New York instead of Nueva York? My guess is it's a contrived Spanglish phrase. They're using it on almost every tweet, even if everything else is in English, or Spanish..
It’s also one of the lines in one of the most popular chants in the supporters section.

It's from one of our most popular chants, the one that goes "Dale New York - Ole ole ole, ole ole ola" ...

This one:

It’s also one of the lines in one of the most popular chants in the supporters section.
It's from one of our most popular chants, the one that goes "Dale New York - Ole ole ole, ole ole ola" ...

This one:
Lol I know the chant and have sometimes sung along (particularly in Portland) but never had any idea that the first word was "Dale." I thought it was ole's all the way down. :D

Lol I know the chant and have sometimes sung along (particularly in Portland) but never had any idea that the first word was "Dale." I thought it was ole's all the way down. :D
Feelings Pants GIF

• Haha
Reactions: adam and Shwafta
I always thought it was like "vale ny" or something, didn't know there was a word "Dale", so about a year ago I looked up the lyrics to all the spanish songs so I could try to sing along. Def helps! heh.

Also, I pressed play on this video and just as they said "new york", someone with a hammer in our apartment hallyway hit the wall three times, in perfect time with the chant. was glorious.

For those of you who aren't already listeners, you should check out the Blue City Radio podcast.

Episode 400 has a very nice hour long interview with Brad Sims, who is very sharp.

Episode 401 has Joe and Ian. Great stuff.

My name is not Mike and I don't work for Blue City Radio.

Reactions: Kjbert