NYCFC v Reykjavik Postmatch

White scares me and it seems like he will get the start next week but it has me nervous. Shelton again is just frustrating to watch. You see he could be a difference maker but he must be wearing steel toe boots. I don't know why.. But I've seemed to have talked myself into thinking Lampard will have a good season. I think with the Iroala and Matarrita putting in crosses there's going to be plenty of loose balls around the box that he finds ways to put in the back of the net. I'm optimistic about this season and can't wait until next Sunday.

I may be competely missing it, but where is the cancel option on the img site?
They use http://cleeng.com/ to run the membership stuff, in addition to hosting the video. Go there, and use the same login as for IMG. If you're logged in to IMG you should already be signed in there. Then go to Subscriptions and hit the Stop button next to IMG.

I thought the attack looked alot better after Taylor and Shelton switched wings. Switch made a lot of sense. Shelton can cut inside more to his right foot, whereas Taylor who's more of a pure winger can cross over with the right. That change in addition to going to the 3-4-3 after subbing on bravo were just tactical adjustments that we never saw in game last year.

I am pretty sure that Viera is telling the GKs to play the ball 100% in the preseason for practice. Obviously, that is not Saunders strong spot. I don't really see a goal like that happening in the season when Saunders doesn't have to play the ball everytime. At the same time, it will be nice to see Eirik get some playing time this season and put some pressure on Josh.

Pirlo! That goal might have been his first shot on goal I can recall not from a free kick.

White scares me and it seems like he will get the start next week but it has me nervous. Shelton again is just frustrating to watch. You see he could be a difference maker but he must be wearing steel toe boots. I don't know why.. But I've seemed to have talked myself into thinking Lampard will have a good season. I think with the Iroala and Matarrita putting in crosses there's going to be plenty of loose balls around the box that he finds ways to put in the back of the net. I'm optimistic about this season and can't wait until next Sunday.
I think this is unfair. Shelton had several strong plays and would have had 1+ assists if Villa had had his finishing boots on. He's had bad games in the past, but last night wasn't one of them. He was active and causing trouble. Still plenty of room to grow. But last night was a game where I think he did grow.

#mobilepost

I think this is unfair. Shelton had several strong plays and would have had 1+ assists if Villa had had his finishing boots on. He's had bad games in the past, but last night wasn't one of them. He was active and causing trouble. Still plenty of room to grow. But last night was a game where I think he did grow.

#mobilepost
Agreed. For me, the worst player on the field was Villa. Missed point blank shots. Missed a penalty. Continues to try cheeky 1-touch flicks that don't connect with his wingers. With his pedigree, he should have buried at least one if not multiple shots - I have no doubt that Giovinco or Drogba would have.

Was Shelton perfect - hardly, but compared to his ability and upside, he was fine and created. Granted, watching the slow roller miss was nauseating to suffer through. Using the same formula, Villa had to produce more.

#mobilepost

#mobilepost

Liked for the hashtag.

Matarrita is an absolute baller. Get him the ball in space and he will create magic.

#mobilepost

Agreed. For me, the worst player on the field was Villa. Missed point blank shots. Missed a penalty. Continues to try cheeky 1-touch flicks that don't connect with his wingers. With his pedigree, he should have buried at least one if not multiple shots - I have no doubt that Giovinco or Drogba would have.

Was Shelton perfect - hardly, but compared to his ability and upside, he was fine and created. Granted, watching the slow roller miss was nauseating to suffer through. Using the same formula, Villa had to produce more.

#mobilepost
I'm actually glad the slow roller missed. If it goes in he doesn't learn. Missing it will be a great coaching opportunity. When you have that moment (and he will have them) you drag your leg and draw the red/PK. It wasn't the missed net that bothered me. It was the missed game changing red. Glad it happened in a friendly.

And let's not forget this could be a strength of his. He drew two reds at the beginning of last season.

#mobilepost

As much as I am very pumped about this team, let's also remember this is a team from the Iceland league.

Reactions: Kjbert
Everyone has been saying Iraola was absent. He's the 8th rated player in MLS on FIFA (after Oba left to China). He's an 80 rating. And while video games don't say much about real life, he needs to step it up.

We have four of the top 10 players in the league in terms of FIFA: Iraola, Lampard, and Pirlo. Gerrard is #1, Pirlo is #2.

CcRUOpWWIAADxeD.jpg

Damn.

Lampard can't get in because of a little calf injury and Mix scores the game winner on 1 freakin' leg!

And that ain't no flesh wound.

Everyone has been saying Iraola was absent. He's the 8th rated player in MLS on FIFA (after Oba left to China). He's an 80 rating. And while video games don't say much about real life, he needs to step it up.

We have four of the top 10 players in the league in terms of FIFA: Iraola, Lampard, and Pirlo. Gerrard is #1, Pirlo is #2.
I think this post pretty clearly shows that FIFA is grossly overemphasizing reputation as opposed to ability to influence games in MLS.

I think this post pretty clearly shows that FIFA is grossly overemphasizing reputation as opposed to ability to influence games in MLS.
Also have to wonder if Iraola is being asked to do the same things we are asking of Matarrita. We will be doing a lot of our attacking up the middle and on the left side as shown by the play so far this year. Is this because that's where our best attacking options are or because the infield on the right isn't something Vieira wants to make a habit of testing.
Iraola hasn't been up the field the way he was at times last year. He usually stops halfway up the attacking half.

Mix was unleashed last night -- so happy that he's going to get to play centrally this year and showcase his talent. Pirlo scored a great goal but I thought he only had a so-so game due to an unusually high number of errant passes, particularly in our defensive half of the field which led to some counters. Of course, his turnovers didn't lead to a goal last night like T-Mac's bad cross field pass.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Also have to wonder if Iraola is being asked to do the same things we are asking of Matarrita. We will be doing a lot of our attacking up the middle and on the left side as shown by the play so far this year. Is this because that's where our best attacking options are or because the infield on the right isn't something Vieira wants to make a habit of testing.
Iraola hasn't been up the field the way he was at times last year. He usually stops halfway up the attacking half.

Yeah he's been playing RB like a CB, except the stopping people from getting past him part.

I actually like the idea of a tactical change with a "stay-at-home" RB, particularly if we aren't going to play a true DM and want to maximize Matarrita's skills going forward. But, if we are going to do that, it feels like it makes more sense to play someone at RB who is a true defensive type fullback.