Official - 10,000 Seats Sold

I just don't care about MCFC, if they want to extend their brand, great! Do it right and I am on board. This was not done right, at all.

I don't care about MCFC either. I don't follow EPL. I do follow Serie A and anyone can easily say that these kits are identical to Lazio's. MCFC isn't the only team to have a simple sky blue jersey. And even if it is a clone of MCFC, who cares. Why does that even matter? What are you so concerned with? That NYCFC looks to MCFC on how to build a successful team? To me that sounds smart.

If you were an EPL fan, you might see what's wrong with it. Also have you not heard of Chivas USA. I'm overreacting because I want this club to have a NYC soul, not to blatantly be a Manchester corporate branding. If I wanted that, id be a red bull fan.

What would be NYC soul to you? What would do it for you? I don't understand this statement. The badge makes a nod to NYC, so does the inaugural badge on the jersey. The collar has New York City printed on it. Do you want the Statue of Liberty printed huge on the front? I don't know.

We knew for a while that the main color would be sky blue. Then we knew that Etihad would be the sponsor. I don't see how this is such a surprise.

Last edited:
Again sky blue + Etihad is not the issue. The issue is that we basically got a MCFC kit. We're just like the red bulls except at yankee stadium. I want this club to be embraced by New Yorkers as something local. I want us to have a dedicated fanbase like the Knicks do. The Knicks haven't won since 72 yet their fans are diehard because they feel like the Knicks are unique and they belong to NYC. That's what I want this club to recreate. Having the MCFC kit makes it feel foreign and alienates way too many people.

Again sky blue + Etihad is not the issue. The issue is that we basically got a MCFC kit. We're just like the red bulls except at yankee stadium. I want this club to be embraced by New Yorkers as something local. I want us to have a dedicated fanbase like the Knicks do. The Knicks haven't won since 72 yet their fans are diehard because they feel like the Knicks are unique and they belong to NYC. That's what I want this club to recreate. Having the MCFC kit makes it feel foreign and alienates way too many people.

What you're describing about the fanbase takes years to produce and is all up to us.

And how can this kit feel foreign when NYCFC has never had a kit before? There's nothing before this. I'm trying to understand your point, but I just can't. If you think it's a replica of the MCFC kit, that's fine, but then you must also acknowledge that it's a Lazio replica, or, a Napoli replica, or an Inter replica, or an Uruguay replica, because they all have very similar kits. Sky blue, with the team badge on the left, the jersey company on the right, and the sponsor in the middle. Same formula a ton of teams use.

But I'll ask again. What would you have liked to see on the jersey that would make it feel more NYC and less MCFC?

The issue is that we basically got a MCFC kit. I want this club to be embraced by New Yorkers as something local. I want this club to recreate. Having the MCFC kit makes it feel foreign and alienates way too many people.

The kit is a foundation to build off of for years to come. The kit will change over the years to develop its own character (like every soccer team). It wouldn't be rational if NYCFC strayed away from the global Man City brand from the start and it shouldn't be a surprise that our kit is similar to Man City. When I look at NYCFC, NYCFC is what I see. Not Man City.

You have to question a 'fan' that is alienated because the initial kit is very similar to Man City. As long as the jersey has a NYC patch on it, the real fans and people who love the game will attend

Pretty much what the majority of the sky blue concepts that were designed looked like. IDC if it looks like a Lazio replica because were not owned by Lazio.

The kit is a foundation to build off of for years to come. The kit will change over the years to develop its own character (like every soccer team). It wouldn't be rational if NYCFC strayed away from the global Man City brand from the start and it shouldn't be a surprise that our kit is similar to Man City. When I look at NYCFC, NYCFC is what I see. Not Man City.

You have to question a 'fan' that is alienated because the initial kit is very similar to Man City. As long as the jersey has a NYC patch on it, the real fans and people who love the game will attend
What differentiates us from RB besides the location and the owners if they put the brand ahead of the local fanbase and their connection to the club?

What differentiates us from RB besides the location and the owners if they put the brand ahead of the local fanbase and their connection to the club?

At least 2 fundamental things : the name ( not a sponsor name.. ) and above all the location ( NYC and not NJ ) !!!
Excuse me if it is little....

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes because RB prioritizes the brand look regardless of how fans feel in different markets.

manchester_city_2009-2010.gif
NYCFC_inset.jpg
damn