Official - 10,000 Seats Sold

I don't see how it is different than chivas. I'll still support the team, but my enthusiasm is dampened.

Different owners with different finances and motivations, different players, different city. What is similar to Chivas other than the fact the team is owned by a foreign club?

From the get go Chivas seemed like a shameless pander to Mexican Angelenos. If there was a large Mancunian population in NY, maybe I'd agree. A little.

Reactions: Kjbert
When in 5 or 10 years Mansour will not be the owner of the NYCFC, this club will be ever a NYC team with another owner ( maybe an American ) and the only link with Man City will be the colours ( beyond many cups, course.. ). What is the great problem ?
It is New York City FC , not Man City USA.
That was Chivas USA, not Chivas Los Angeles.

Reactions: Kjbert
It was ridiculous and pompous of NYCFC to slap a NYCFC and Addidas badge on basically existing ManCity jersey and claim its something exciting and new. It isn't. And if you don't see the out pour of disappointment and concern on EVERY SINGLE form of media then you are just blind.

However, giving up on the team entirely over this issue alone is also short sighted. If you care this much, then care enough to promote change and guide the club to the correct path.

Again sky blue + Etihad is not the issue. The issue is that we basically got a MCFC kit. We're just like the red bulls except at yankee stadium. I want this club to be embraced by New Yorkers as something local. I want us to have a dedicated fanbase like the Knicks do. The Knicks haven'tj won since 72 yet their fans are diehard because they feel like the Knicks are unique and they belong to NYC. That's what I want this club to recreate. Having the MCFC kit makes it feel foreign and alienates way too many people.
People get it or they don't. And the ones who don't tend to have their own minds made up. It's xwant they want, and they don't care anything about actual sport. We could have had 5-8 29-25 waist sruff.

For those of you who are jumping ship over a Jersey Release...please jump ship and don't come to the games next year. I don't want to share the same oxygen that you fools breathe.

I was always afraid that the Brooklyn Hipsters and Soccer Snobs would invade NYCFC...it seems I was right. Go root for the Cosmos.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Gene
For those of you who are jumping ship over a Jersey Release...please jump ship and don't come to the games next year. I don't want to share the same oxygen that you fools breathe.

I was always afraid that the Brooklyn Hipsters and Soccer Snobs would invade NYCFC...it seems I was right. Go root for the Cosmos.
If this is how you react to other people with a difference of opinion to yours, I certainly hope never to meet you. Always dangerous to be in the presence of a sociopath.

Glad their over-reaction has met your over-reaction. Does that now bring balance to the universe?

Reactions: mgarbowski
If this is how you react to other people with a difference of opinion to yours, I certainly hope never to meet you. Always dangerous to be in the presence of a sociopath.

This is why at the event the other day and at the bar afterwards I didn't ask anyone if they post on this site. i could be talking to someone i liked then suddenly revolted by some asshat remark that i remembered they had made here earlier

Either support the team or not. Over the past 72 hours, I've read people that are dropping their tickets over the color of a jersey. Over a potential stadium name. Over training at Man City. You would think these posters just spent $50 Million on a franchise themselves.

They could wear toilet paper uniforms and it wouldn't matter. It's about supporting a team that (hopefully) is run the right way, with solid character and work ethic, that hopefully plays attractive soccer and is good in the community.

Either support the team or not. Over the past 72 hours, I've read people that are dropping their tickets over the color of a jersey. Over a potential stadium name. Over training at Man City. You would think these posters just spent $50 Million on a franchise themselves.

They could wear toilet paper uniforms and it wouldn't matter. It's about supporting a team that (hopefully) is run the right way, with solid character and work ethic, that hopefully plays attractive soccer and is good in the community.
You are blatantly obtuse if you believe that people are upset simply because of the color of the jersey. It's not so much the jersey itself, but what this decision says about the club.

You are blatantly obtuse if you believe that people are upset simply because of the color of the jersey. It's not so much the jersey itself, but what this decision says about the club.

I'm sorry but what did you expect?

It seems like the jersey is being discussed in every thread, so to get this thread back on topic...

Not sure if this was already posted in here, but NYCFC announced that they've sold 11,000 seats. Seems to be growing fast.

It seems like the jersey is being discussed in every thread, so to get this thread back on topic...

Not sure if this was already posted in here, but NYCFC announced that they've sold 11,000 seats. Seems to be growing fast.
When they finally manage to secure a location, they might end up building something a bit larger than they originally planned.

Reactions: Paul

I think it did get posted, but got buried pretty quick. Pernetti also hinted today that they're considering expanding seating at YS if the season ticket numbers keep rising.

I think it did get posted, but got buried pretty quick. Pernetti also hinted today that they're considering expanding seating at YS if the season ticket numbers keep rising.

Makes sense. As of now, half the stadium seats will be taken up by season ticket holders. You have to open up more seats to the avg fan.

11k as of now what do you see by march? maybe 15k? that would be pretty awesome. for future stadium reference i would rather build 22-25k i don't want to overdue it ya know? would like to see a full stadium on tv instead of having a 30k seat stadium and it being partially empty.