Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

A sliver of transparency from MLS!
New York City FC
ROSTERED PLAYERS (20 of 28 spots filled):
GK (2):
Eirik Johansen (INT'L), Josh Saunders
DEF (7): RJ Allen, Connor Brandt, Jason Hernandez, Andoni Iraola (INT'L), Jefferson Mena (INT'L), Ethan White, Chris Wingert
MID (7): Mehdi Ballouchy, Mix Diskerud, Andrew Jacobson, Frank Lampard (DP, INT'L), Tommy McNamara, Andrea Pirlo (INT'L, DP), Kwadwo Poku
FWD (4): Patrick Mullins, Khiry Shelton, Tony Taylor, David Villa (DP, INT'L)

DESIGNATED PLAYERS (DP): 3
HOMEGROWN PLAYERS (HG): 0
INT'L ROSTER SPOTS FILLED (INT'L): 6
GENERATION ADIDAS PLAYERS (GA): 0

No surprises, but nice to see them list it out.

All teams: http://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2016

Interesting that someone chose to list Shelton as a F and Poku as an M

Reactions: JayH
Does it bother anyone else that when listing our DPs, they have the order flipped for Pirlo vs Lampard and Villa? Or do I just need more coffee?
All players are ordered by position back to front, then alphabetically withing positions. I don't know whether that means you need more coffee.

All players are ordered by position back to front, then alphabetically withing positions. I don't know whether that means you need more coffee.
He meant that Lamps and Villa are listed as "(DP, INT'L)," but Pirlo is "(INT'L, DP)." (ETA: Which might mean he needs less coffee.)

Pirlo stands alone.

I should just stop trying to interpret other people's OCD.
it's not OCD. attention to details is very important in most business. Imagine you are assembling a spaceship and you got the wire crossed or a screw is not tightened. Attention to details is also partially what sets Apple apart from the rest of the crowd. for example, on the side of an iPhone, all holes are lined up neatly, in order to achieve that, lots of effort goes in to adjust the design inside the phone just to make the holes aligned in appearance. Samsung wouldn't bother. The same goes to bespoke/tailoring. The list goes on and on (there was a classic Harvard Business Review article about this topic in interview with a champion horse coach/breeder). Put it another way, if someone on my team who constantly does this kind of careless jobs will have no place on my team. Successful accumulation of perfect execution on details is what amounts to eventual success. that being said, i am always guilty of my own accusations so you go figure. but that has never stopped me from demanding more from others :)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
2 MLS draft players, 2-3 EDS, 2-3 TAM players, 1 cheap experienced keeper cool with being 3rd GK.

A really good opportunity for upgrade the overall athleticism of the squad because that is greatly lacking.

it's not OCD. attention to details is very important in most business. Imagine you are assembling a spaceship and you got the wire crossed or a screw is not tightened. Attention to details is also partially what sets Apple apart from the rest of the crowd. for example, on the side of an iPhone, all holes are lined up neatly, in order to achieve that, lots of effort goes in to adjust the design inside the phone just to make the holes aligned in appearance. Samsung wouldn't bother. The same goes to bespoke/tailoring. The list goes on and on (there was a classic Harvard Business Review article about this topic in interview with a champion horse coach/breeder). Put it another way, if someone on my team who constantly does this kind of careless jobs will have no place on my team. Successful accumulation of perfect execution on details is what amounts to eventual success. that being said, i am always guilty of my own accusations so you go figure. but that has never stopped me from demanding more from others :)

OK Class, welcome to business 101. Today we are going to study perfection. As examples we are going to look at Apple iPhones, champion horse coaches and NYdoesitEZ's internet message board posting...

It's sports, not rocket science.

OK Class, welcome to business 101. Today we are going to study perfection. As examples we are going to look at Apple iPhones, champion horse coaches and NYdoesitEZ's internet message board posting...
Wow, not bad, you actually finished reading it. Relentless pursuit for perfection! That will reflect well in your year end performance review and number :)