Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

If we get those rumored loanees from that source and draft Vincent. We could also use some TAM to buy a winger and a CB too:
6ZaeqZq.png

Question: Read on NYCFCBLUES tweeter the following rule concerning "free agents." According to new players agreement, a team can sign only "two" free agents off the MLS list. Houston's Ricardo Clark was a free agent listed this year but choose to resign (after being listed) with Houston. Does Clark count as "one" free agent signing? Or because his own team resign him, does Houston still have the potential to sign two free agents??? I wonder if NYCFC will be adding to the 2016 roster? and if so who would have the potential to help our team?

Reactions: Kjbert
Question: Read on NYCFCBLUES tweeter the following rule concerning "free agents." According to new players agreement, a team can sign only "two" free agents off the MLS list. Houston's Ricardo Clark was a free agent listed this year but choose to resign (after being listed) with Houston. Does Clark count as "one" free agent signing? Or because his own team resign him, does Houston still have the potential to sign two free agents??? I wonder if NYCFC will be adding to the 2016 roster? and if so who would have the potential to help our team?
I really think Alan Gordon could help this team. He's a lot like what we thought Nemec would bring to the club, and is a pretty natural pair for Villa in a two striker system.

Corey Ashe is a nice player as an outside back. He's small (5'5), but is quick and gives you some in the attack.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
I think its a bit early to get on the fire the sporting director, or whatever they're calling him, bandwagon.

Wait until we have our full team assembled for next year, and if it proves to be shit then start calling for peoples heads.
The team was shit last year, and it was mostly his fault. He should have been fired twice before the coach was.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
The team was shit last year, and it was mostly his fault. He should have been fired twice before the coach was.

From what I remember there was a large song and dance made out of how Kreis was in charge of team selection. And be real. Reyna would not have taken Grabavoy on a 200k contract.

Reyna may take some small part of the blame for the team last year, but the coach takes the majority of the blame for not playing the best 11.

Also the people with vastly more information than we do, CFG obviously felt that Kreis was a bigger hindrance to the team's success than Reyna. FFS man, Reyna is the guy who got us Poku and Kreis was the one who wanted to trade him to Philly.

From what I remember there was a large song and dance made out of how Kreis was in charge of team selection. And be real. Reyna would not have taken Grabavoy on a 200k contract.

Reyna may take some small part of the blame for the team last year, but the coach takes the majority of the blame for not playing the best 11.

Also the people with vastly more information than we do, CFG obviously felt that Kreis was a bigger hindrance to the team's success than Reyna. FFS man, Reyna is the guy who got us Poku and Kreis was the one who wanted to trade him to Philly.
Per Ferran Soriano at Blazercon, the sporting director is responsible for all roster decisions. If you don't think he's lying, then they were Reyna's call.

Yes, Reyna got us Poku, but he also added Nemec and the rest of the mid-year cuts. I'm not sure "Reyna is a competent builder of an MLS roster" is the sword you want to fall on here. "The best 11" that we had still wasn't remotely competitive for most of the MLS season, and it's due to totally bed-shitting roster construction.

Which, again, wasn't Kreis' deal. I'm sure he had a voice at the table, but Soriano made it abundantly clear that the roster is the Director of Football's call.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Per Ferran Soriano at Blazercon, the sporting director is responsible for all roster decisions. If you don't think he's lying, then they were Reyna's call.

Yes, Reyna got us Poku, but he also added Nemec and the rest of the mid-year cuts. I'm not sure "Reyna is a competent builder of an MLS roster" is the sword you want to fall on here. "The best 11" that we had still wasn't remotely competitive for most of the MLS season, and it's due to totally bed-shitting roster construction.

Which, again, wasn't Kreis' deal. I'm sure he had a voice at the table, but Soriano made it abundantly clear that the roster is the Director of Football's call.
Soriano was discussing that it is NOW the Director of Football's call. Last year Kries had final say on all players - he said so himself.

Reactions: Paul and sbrylski

Soriano made it clear moving forward who the blame will fall on. Last year Kreis either had final say, or the relationship between Kreis and Reyna was for Reyna to sign off on whatever Kreis wanted, for the most part.

Reyna might already be on a short leash too, but I think he needs a full season fully in charge to see how he does.

I think Reyna is far more entrenched and connected into the CFG system, he ain't going nowhere unless we really fall apart.

Reactions: Kjbert
Soriano made it clear moving forward who the blame will fall on. Last year Kreis either had final say, or the relationship between Kreis and Reyna was for Reyna to sign off on whatever Kreis wanted, for the most part.

Reyna might already be on a short leash too, but I think he needs a full season fully in charge to see how he does.
Certainly don't mean to be rude, but I'd love to see some quotes or proof that Kreis was fully in charge of the roster last year. I was there, and the tone definitely wasn't "Well, from here on out, Reyna's got full power to make decisions." It was that there shouldn't even be a question that the roster was under the jurisdiction of the Director of Football.

Certainly don't mean to be rude, but I'd love to see some quotes or proof that Kreis was fully in charge of the roster last year. I was there, and the tone definitely wasn't "Well, from here on out, Reyna's got full power to make decisions." It was that there shouldn't even be a question that the roster was under the jurisdiction of the Director of Football.
Ultimately it doesn't matter. This isn't about who to blame for last year. This is about who can help the team next year. Kreis's ship had sailed. Once you lose the locker room, you're very unlikely to recover. Especially if the top players are against you. (And yes, this is conjecture. I haven't spoken with Pirlo, Poku, Villa, etc.)

Reyna on the other hand. You can blame him or not. But the team isn't rebelling against him. (Or at least, I suspect not.) So he doesn't prevent you from moving forward and giving him another chance.

Any argument about who is to blame fails utterly to grasp the important question. Who can help your team next year? Last year don't matter.

Considering that NYCFC most likely won't sign ANY MLS free agents I don't think the restriction matters that much.
Ultimately it doesn't matter. This isn't about who to blame for last year. This is about who can help the team next year. Kreis's ship had sailed. Once you lose the locker room, you're very unlikely to recover. Especially if the top players are against you. (And yes, this is conjecture. I haven't spoken with Pirlo, Poku, Villa, etc.)

Reyna on the other hand. You can blame him or not. But the team isn't rebelling against him. (Or at least, I suspect not.) So he doesn't prevent you from moving forward and giving him another chance.

Any argument about who is to blame fails utterly to grasp the important question. Who can help your team next year? Last year don't matter.
well I still blame Reyna just as much as Kreis, but at this point it's too late to fire anyone else. We need to get ready for 2016. We can fire Reyna later next winter, which we will probably do.

Considering that NYCFC most likely won't sign ANY MLS free agents I don't think the restriction matters that much.

well I still blame Reyna just as much as Kreis, but at this point it's too late to fire anyone else. We need to get ready for 2016. We can fire Reyna later next winter, which we will probably do.
Why the hell would we fire anybody immediately after winning MLS cup?