Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

John Brooks wouldn't be a bad add at CB either. Right now his team Hertha Berlin are fighting for a CL spot, ahead of Mönchengladbach, Neverkusen, Schalke, and Wolfsburg. Only time will tell how they fare, but playing CB for a potential CL team isn't too bad. Also, stat wise- Berlin have given up 18 goals in 18 games, tied for second fewest in the Bundesliga thus far.

Agreed, Gotham Gator ArJo would potentially be an awesome pickup too if he can find some form.

I had forgotten about Aron Johannsson. If he can get healthy and have a solid year in the Bundesliga, he'd be a guy worth speding a few million on. Right now, however, we have to wonder if he will ever get there.
Would love to get one of the young USMNT stars. I have to wonder, though, will management want to bring in a $2mil DP or is it $6-7mil or bust?

Look at it this way, would you trade the next 2 years of villa for 2 years of any american international not in the MLS? I wouldn't. Assuming we keep getting Villa caliber talent because we are one of the few teams willing to shell out 6-10mil at each DP spot I don't seen any value in wasting a DP slot on any of the current USMNT players.

Look at it this way, would you trade the next 2 years of villa for 2 years of any american international not in the MLS? I wouldn't. Assuming we keep getting Villa caliber talent because we are one of the few teams willing to shell out 6-10mil at each DP spot I don't seen any value in wasting a DP slot on any of the current USMNT players.
Dare to Zlatan.

The good thing is that we are targeting specific areas in the team. Whether the signings prove to be better than the players they are replacing will be the key to us being more successful. Every signing is a gamble no matter how big his reputation. All we can hope is that the scouting guys have done their homework well and these guys will prove to be good buys for the team.

I also like the idea of signing South Americans and in particular Argentinians. There is great talent in that country and they have a hard working philosophy.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I know what you meant :p its just Friday at work after lunch and I'm bored AF. What about Bobby Wood, the flyin' Hawaiian? He's not a huge DP salary, but he could be in a few years. He is still very young. Contract up in 2018.

upload_2016-1-29_14-8-8.png

Last edited:

Yes. I legitimately believe that Fabian Johnson is good enough that he challenges the impact made by Villa. Villa is a world class player but he has certainly started to age. Fabian Johnson makes a Giovinco type impact here.

Last edited:

Translated the original article for gist, but didn't edit the translation errors: http://www.tvmax-9.com/somoslasele/Roberto-York-City-Seattle-Sounders_0_4403559636.html

By JOSE MIGUEL DOMINGUEZ FLORES | JoseMiguelDomi |jdominguez@tvnmedia.com (journalist)
29/01/2016 - 11:16 a.m.

Seattle Sounders and New York City, both paintings belonging to the MLS United States, could be the destinations of the Panamanian defender Roberto Chen, after leaving the Malaga of the Spanish Primera Division football.

A source closely linked to the operation and close the player confirmed the information and further explained that "Chen doctors have to do with any of the two teams exams, due to operations on both knees".

The funny thing is that Roberto could have partners in Seattle and New York. Roman Torres defends the colors of emerald set, while Tony Taylor plays for billionaire City.

"The next few hours will be important for their future and this Friday it will be known if the City or the Sounders," the informant.

Translated the original article for gist, but didn't edit the translation errors: http://www.tvmax-9.com/somoslasele/Roberto-York-City-Seattle-Sounders_0_4403559636.html

By JOSE MIGUEL DOMINGUEZ FLORES | JoseMiguelDomi |jdominguez@tvnmedia.com (journalist)
29/01/2016 - 11:16 a.m.

Seattle Sounders and New York City, both paintings belonging to the MLS United States, could be the destinations of the Panamanian defender Roberto Chen, after leaving the Malaga of the Spanish Primera Division football.

A source closely linked to the operation and close the player confirmed the information and further explained that "Chen doctors have to do with any of the two teams exams, due to operations on both knees".

The funny thing is that Roberto could have partners in Seattle and New York. Roman Torres defends the colors of emerald set, while Tony Taylor plays for billionaire City.

"The next few hours will be important for their future and this Friday it will be known if the City or the Sounders," the informant.

This has agent unfamiliar with mls trying to jack the price written all over it. I bet the interest is from sounders and some agent or team is floating an nycfc rumor with no idea what an international slot even is.

John Brooks wouldn't be a bad add at CB either. Right now his team Hertha Berlin are fighting for a CL spot, ahead of Mönchengladbach, Neverkusen, Schalke, and Wolfsburg. Only time will tell how they fare, but playing CB for a potential CL team isn't too bad. Also, stat wise- Berlin have given up 18 goals in 18 games, tied for second fewest in the Bundesliga thus far.

I love this thread but this is not realistic for at least another 5-7 years. Brooks is emerging as one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga and its only a matter of time until a bigger club comes calling for him. We definitely can not afford him, or his sizable transfer fee.

I love this thread but this is not realistic for at least another 5-7 years. Brooks is emerging as one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga and its only a matter of time until a bigger club comes calling for him. We definitely can not afford him, or his sizable transfer fee.
Dear God. Thank you for saving me typing this. I hate people just throwing out bullshit names.

Far more realistic Brooks is bought for 20-25 million euros by a CL mainstay. I would never want him to give that up.

Folks, here are some fundamental guidelines: think young guys who need PT, prime to late prime players who aren't starting every match, and those looking to sign a last contract. Fabian probably comes after Russia. Brooks has 12 years or more as UCL level starter. And a fucking boss one at that.