Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

Realistically, do you think they would look internally in MLS for a solution? Inside of CFG for a solution? Abroad?

I can't see why we wouldn't go hard after McMath with Howard heading over there after the Copa.

I can't see why we wouldn't go hard after McMath with Howard heading over there after the Copa.

I don't think he's an incredible upgrade over Saunders. He's definitely better in all facets of the game, but outside of a second round draft pick, I don't think he provides that much value. The story in Colorado has been the defense in front of him this year.

Realistically, do you think they would look internally in MLS for a solution? Inside of CFG for a solution? Abroad?
Both. Reyna and the front office is getting better at scouting MLS, but I wouldn't count out a move for a player abroad. They seem to be scouting Argentina hard.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Both. Reyna and the front office is getting better at scouting MLS, but I wouldn't count out a move for a player abroad. They seem to be scouting Argentina hard.

Lots of great Argentinian talent that has trouble breaking through because of the glut of quality players. Hopefully we will make a move soon. I don't know that we can make the playoffs with Josh Saunders in goal.

Assuming that were still in the playoff race during the transfer window (and I don't see why we wouldn't be due to how the team is playing+the parity of the league), would it be smart to change goalies midway through the season? I know Saunders has his flaws, but we could be doing more harm than good if we make a move that may seem like a moderate upgrade where in reality it could be a short term downgrade due to the effort to develop chemistry again.

I believe the goal of this window is to add 1-2 players to patch up our weaknesses and let go of the players who has failed to make an impact but still had value (Mix? Mullins?)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
They can even put a hashtag in front of his name. Talk about Cynergy! I will have to counter that though with #Lampsoff
And then we can chant to the tune of the old Clapper TV commercial jingle:

LampsOn! Clap Clap
LampsOff! Clap Clap
LampsOn LampsOff
F*ck Lampard

Last edited:
And then we can chant to the tune of the old Clapper TV commercial jingle:

LampsOn! Clap Clap
LampsOff! Clap Clap
LampsOn LampsOff
Fuck Lampard

Was that really from 1984??? Wow, way to make a guy not on Team50 feel old!

Reactions: mgarbowski

He will undergo corrective surgery and will be out for the remainder of the 2016 MLS season...

“We’re disappointed to be losing Shannon for the rest of the season. He’s a player that gives his all on the training pitch and we’ll miss him until he returns. He’s a fantastic professional and I have no doubt he will work extremely hard with our medical team to come back fitter and stronger than ever. We wish him all the best for his recovery and look forward to having him back soon.”

Sounds like there is an intention to keep him.

He will undergo corrective surgery and will be out for the remainder of the 2016 MLS season...

“We’re disappointed to be losing Shannon for the rest of the season. He’s a player that gives his all on the training pitch and we’ll miss him until he returns. He’s a fantastic professional and I have no doubt he will work extremely hard with our medical team to come back fitter and stronger than ever. We wish him all the best for his recovery and look forward to having him back soon.”

Sounds like there is an intention to keep him.
Sounds like there is an intention to announce Chanot.

Reactions: Gotham Blues