Official Nycfc Pub Partners

We need an official pub partner in Astoria.

Does anyone know of any bars in Astoria that regularly show the games?

Reactions: NYCFutbol1

Agree! I don't know of any on a regular basis, but I have stopped by The Sandwich Bar on Ditmars near 31st a few times and they had European games on. The place is kinda small for larger crowds though.

Edit: I'll look into The Brewery. I guess I was wondering about someplace on the "other side" of Astoria.

Reactions: NYCFutbol1

I was thinking that. almost makes me want to buy a pub for this reason, just to make it an official pub for nycfc. but then i say to myself, you know jack about running a bar. its likely not as glamorous as tv makes it out to be.

The Brewery (Astoria) and Bar 43 (Sunnyside) are both Partner Pubs

ehhh i was thinking more west of steinway, when i think astoria pub.

yeah, agreed.

there's so many options west of steinway ... yet no pub stepping up.

I was thinking that. almost makes me want to buy a pub for this reason, just to make it an official pub for nycfc. but then i say to myself, you know jack about running a bar. its likely not as glamorous as tv makes it out to be.

ehhh i was thinking more west of steinway, when i think astoria pub.

As previously mentioned - possibly elsewhere, while Bar43 is listed as a Pub Partner they also seem to have Redbulls Supporters events, so I'm not really sure about that.

Reactions: Goodfella
I think last year Studio Square was showing some non MLS games - maybe they could be persuaded to show MLS games too?

As previously mentioned - possibly elsewhere, while Bar43 is listed as a Pub Partner they also seem to have Redbulls Supporters events, so I'm not really sure about that.
Viking Army Queens gathers there for away matches. I'm told that despite being a Pub Partner it's not an NYCFC friendly joint

Reactions: ldent42
lame name. what do vikings have to do with NJ redbulls?

Edit:
nevermind figured it out. takes a voyage to get out to jersey for the games. and who goes on voyages? *click*

actually, no. At the time the group was started Red Bull was coached by Hans Backe and had a few Scandinavian players so they took the very short sighted approach of naming themselves Vikings. Original name was actually 'Hans Backe Viking Army' :D

actually, no. At the time the group was started Red Bull was coached by Hans Backe and had a few Scandinavian players so they took the very short sighted approach of naming themselves Vikings. Original name was actually 'Hans Backe Viking Army' :D
yeah but im pretty pretty pretty sure my explanation was their fallback in case the team had some turnover.

Hate to be 'that guy', but does anyone know if there's a specific person of contact at the club to raise issues about pub partners? Supposed partner pub flat out refused to show the game on Friday night, I'd rather they didn't have the continued luxury of getting free advertising for nothing (or at least have the club prod them in the right direction in future).

Hate to be 'that guy', but does anyone know if there's a specific person of contact at the club to raise issues about pub partners? Supposed partner pub flat out refused to show the game on Friday night, I'd rather they didn't have the continued luxury of getting free advertising for nothing (or at least have the club prod them in the right direction in future).
I can't help with that but will say I see no reason not to let the club know about it.

At worst I'd say to call your ticket rep. They can either get in touch with the right person for you or perhaps give you someone you can call.

Which "pub partner" was it?

Reactions: Goodfella
Feel free to straighten me out, but doesn't an establishment have to buy their way in to become a Pub Partner? If so, why would you pay and then piss off potential customers by not showing the matches?