Official Praise Thread

What a treat is was to tune in last night and hear JP Dellacamera calling our game. The guy is a living legend. He has the quality voice and infectious enthusiasm required of an elite announcer, and he also really knows the games and the teams. For my money, he is the best American soccer announcer out there and one of the best in the world.

Reactions: Shwafta
What a treat is was to tune in last night and hear JP Dellacamera calling our game. The guy is a living legend. He has the quality voice and infectious enthusiasm required of an elite announcer, and he also really knows the games and the teams. For my money, he is the best American soccer announcer out there and one of the best in the world.
He was VERY good last night, I agree!

He was VERY good last night, I agree!
He kind of lost me around minutes 85-86 or so when he started waxing about how Communicaciones was better than the score suggested and their goal was so huge and 1-3 is a good result for them going home. They either have to win 2-0 or score 3+ goals to win.
The last time we conceded 3 goals with our first choice CBs playing was October 2020. If they manage that, then they deserve the win.

That said I mostly like JP.

Reactions: JayH and Shwafta
He kind of lost me around minutes 85-86 or so when he started waxing about how Communicaciones was better than the score suggested and their goal was so huge and 1-3 is a good result for them going home. They either have to win 2-0 or score 3+ goals to win.
The last time we conceded 3 goals with our first choice CBs playing was October 2020. If they manage that, then they deserve the win.

To be fair, 3-1 is indeed a good result for them, all things considered. And for a good portion of the second half they were the better team, imo.

They're all still salty in Philadelphia over the Eastern Conference Finals match (sarcasm)

Seven years ago today:

High point of a forgettable year. The Mullins goal has always been a favorite of mine.
This brings back some memories. I was still in high school lol. Still remember 95% of the players! (Who the hell was #26 Velasquez??) Mullin’s goal there made me think he was going to be a star for this team. Uhhh no. Still can’t believe that was 8 years ago.

This brings back some memories. I was still in high school lol. Still remember 95% of the players! (Who the hell was #26 Velasquez??) Mullin’s goal there made me think he was going to be a star for this team. Uhhh no. Still can’t believe that was 8 years ago.
I was watching a USL game last season and the announcer said one of the players, Sebastian Velasquez, played for NYCFC and only then did I remember that -- he was a former RSL guy for Kreis. Didnt recognize him at all before the announcer said something.

Somehow I didn't even consider the fact that there might be a dark theme for the forum, and I'm very happy I just found it :)

Somehow I didn't even consider the fact that there might be a dark theme for the forum, and I'm very happy I just found it :)
Oh I’m all about the dark theme. Everything. Everywhere. I’m convinced it’s adding years to the life of my eyeballs.

• Haha
Reactions: JCMore and Shwafta
Happy Five Year Anniversary of this non Goal-of-the-Week winner:

I was in a hotel room in Cambridge, and it was Good Friday.

I love the call.
It sounds ridiculous to say, but since it’s been a few years since Villa left the team, I forgot how much of an influence he was at the club. I feel like we are now playing a better style of soccer without him here which is hard to believe

It sounds ridiculous to say, but since it’s been a few years since Villa left the team, I forgot how much of an influence he was at the club. I feel like we are now playing a better style of soccer without him here which is hard to believe
I think this is one o the major reasons the team is trying to stay away from the diva system. You can see what it did to Juventus / Man U with Ronaldo, or even Higuain at miami, Zlatan at galaxy etc.... You have to build a system around these sorts of players.

Sure, there are the 'good' kinds of divas, for example Vela and Chicharito where it's not exactly "built around them", but close enough and that works, but it's a fine balance of destroying team structure for one person.

I've posted in the vent thread about all of the delays I've faced from my new truck ordered back in August after my old car was totaled.
Finally, it came in last week and it is fantastic!

I was tempted to accept an offer from someone that was willing to pay me $12k to walk away and let him buy the car, but then id still be forced to buy something else at a crazy price.

Happy Five Year Anniversary of this non Goal-of-the-Week winner:

I was in a hotel room in Cambridge, and it was Good Friday.

I love the call.
I remember it was Good Friday because I screwed up and had a cheesesteak before the match. Afterwards I was like,,,,well I already screwed up. I may as well have another.