Official Praise Thread

One of my favorite things is tackling an annoying home fixit problem where you need to replace a part and you don't know where or how to get it and how to find the part number and whether it's even available, so you put it off for a while, but then you make your way through all that and the part arrives and then the actual hands on element is really easy but you still feel like a god.

One of my favorite things is tackling an annoying home fixit problem where you need to replace a part and you don't know where or how to get it and how to find the part number and whether it's even available, so you put it off for a while, but then you make your way through all that and the part arrives and then the actual hands on element is really easy but you still feel like a god.

This reminds me of an incident a few years ago with the crib we used for all four kids. It was a model with a drop-down side, which you can lower about halfway to make it easier to transfer the little ones into and out of the crib. That feature has since been banned by the Consumer Products Safety Commission because parents were leaving the side in the lower position, and kids were crawling over the railing and falling.

Anyway, the drop down mechanism on our crib had a broken part, so we decided to just fix it in place up high like a normal crib. I contacted the manufacturer to order the "conversion kit" that would make it a fixed-side crib. I was told they couldn't sell it to me because the crib was a drop-down model, and it was illegal for them to sell replacement parts for a drop-down model. I explained that the part we wanted was the one to convert it from a drop-down model to a regular model, but that was not persuasive.

So, we used it as a drop-down model for another few months, even though the faulty mechanism made it harder to keep in place. Finally, I just went to the hardware store and was able to buy the exact bolts I needed to fix the one side in place for about $2. Job done.

I usually don't drive to work. When I do I park in a garage with a cross block drive-thru from 50th to 51st Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue. Opposite the garage entrance are 2 theaters, The Gershwin and Circle in the Square. My last day going to the office in February 2020 I drove to avoid the subway. I noticed that Circle in the Square was prepping to open a limited run revival of American Buffalo with an amazing cast. I wondered if it would happen.
In the summer of 2020 I started going to the office once a week. The city was dead. A morning drive commute which would normally take 55-70 minutes took about 25. Every time I parked at the garage I saw the posters and thought sadly it would never happen. The cast, director, and other people involved had freed up time to do the run in 2020. How likely would it be for them to not have other projects lined up for .... who even could know when? Once a week, every week, I saw the posters and thought about what might have been.
Several months ago Broadway reopened. Around the same time I started taking the subway in, and started hitting the office 3 days each week. Because I stopped driving, I didn't see the posters or what was going on at Circle in the Square. I checked and they didn't update the website which still had a Covid-closure notice. Once walking midtown I walked past a wall with a series of theater posters, including for American Buffalo. I checked the web again and still no update. Then I forgot about it.
Then out of nowhere this week my wife mentioned the show. It's happening. My daughters want to see Darren Criss because he was in Glee and graduated from UMich. Sam Rockwell's character Guy in Galaxy Quest is one of my wife's favorite characters in any film (and same pretty much for me). Give me a chance to see Laurence Fishburne doing Mamet, and I would donate 3 pints of blood.
We got tickets for the younger daughter's HS graduation weekend when we will all be in NYC. Technically might be the last family outing before older girl officially moves out for good.
The run ends July 10.

Last edited:
I usually don't drive to work. When I do I park in a garage with a cross block drive-thru from 50th to 51st Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue. Opposite the garage entrance are 2 theaters, The Gershwin and Circle in the Square. My last day going to the office in February 2020 I drove to avoid the subway. I noticed that Circle in the Square was prepping to open a limited run revival of American Buffalo with an amazing cast. I wondered if it would happen.
In the summer of 2020 I started going to the office once a week. The city was dead. A morning drive commute which would normally take 55-70 minutes took about 25. Every time I parked at the garage I saw the posters and thought sadly it would never happen. The cast, director, and other people involved had freed up time to do the run in 2020. How likely would it be for them to not have other projects lined up for .... who even could know when? Once a week, every week, I saw the posters and thought about what might have been.
Several months ago Broadway reopened. Around the same time I started taking the subway in, and started hitting the office 3 days each week. Because I stopped driving, I didn't see the posters or what was going on at Circle in the Square. I checked and they didn't update the website which still had a Covid-closure notice. Once walking midtown I walked past a wall with a series of theater posters, including for American Buffalo. I checked the web again and still no update. Then I forgot about it.
Then out of nowhere this week my wife mentioned the show. It's happening. My daughters want to see Darren Criss because he was in Glee and graduated from UMich. Sam Rockwell's character Guy in Galaxy Quest is one of my wife's favorite characters in any film (and same pretty much for me). Give me a chance to see Laurence Fishburne doing Mamet, and I would donate 3 pints of blood.
We got tickets for the younger daughter's HS graduation weekend when we will all be in NYC. Technically might be the last family outing before older girl officially moves out for good.
The run ends July 10.

Looking at tix now. Thanks for the heads up.

I am such a hockey bandwagon guy:

giphy.gif

LGR

Why not us?!

I know not everyone here celebrates Rosh Hashanah, but I'll wish y'all a happy new year as well. :) We've created some awesome memories together over the years, and here's to many more in great health!

And, of course, Thank you NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan for making it all possible with what you do to maintain the forum and keep it alive.

I'll end off on the raunchiest apple-in-honey gif you've ever seen
Happy New Year Animation GIF by Marianna

I know not everyone here celebrates Rosh Hashanah, but I'll wish y'all a happy new year as well. :) We've created some awesome memories together over the years, and here's to many more in great health!

And, of course, Thank you NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan for making it all possible with what you do to maintain the forum and keep it alive.

I'll end off on the raunchiest apple-in-honey gif you've ever seen
Happy New Year Animation GIF by Marianna
I love that gif. But that is not appropriate for my family group chat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Yesterday was a near perfect sports day.
Bless Gareth Bale and his goal scoring man bun.
I'll spare you all the details but CFB, a sport which almost always causes heartbreak as a small core of elite teams wins repeatedly, produced uncharacteristically brilliant results yesterday.
Columbia even beat Harvard 21-20 with a 2-pt conversion on the last touchdown of the game.

Last edited:
I enjoy that the players are throwing shade... lol. it goes against being professional sure.. but i think it just shows how much everyone hates philly fans

When you talk as much shit as Philly fans -- and even their official accounts have -- for the last 12 months, this is what you get when you lose. They are incredibly obnoxious for a team that's never won anything. I didn't really have any major issues with them until the conference final last year. They won that game with such an incredible lack of class, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we acted that way last year.

When you talk as much shit as Philly fans -- and even their official accounts have -- for the last 12 months, this is what you get when you lose. They are incredibly obnoxious for a team that's never won anything. I didn't really have any major issues with them until the conference final last year. They won that game with such an incredible lack of class, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we acted that way last year.

don't think we'll have to deal with that admin anymore... lolllll

I really do appreciate the way our team's social media handles operate. The first team account to try to be "edgy" was the LA Kings, and I've never liked it. I've always felt it beneath these teams. I'm glad we don't stoop to that level.

Our digital guys could loosen up a bit .. taking digs at other teams and players is a big no no but doing more creative stuff would be nice.