Official Praise Thread

If you’re not going to H&H you’re doing it wrong.
Well, I did not come here to argue bagels as my post was about black & whites. But in the late ‘70s/early ‘80s I lived on 21st Street near 1st, probably less than 100 yards from Ess-a-Bagel. They win, no contest. Even 40 years later, and slightly down the street, still good.

Reactions: adam
Today has been a good day for me and I felt the need to write it out.
1) the water system at my job hasn’t worked 100% correctly since I started working here 2 years ago. Came in this morning and it has been officially fixed properly.
2) a manager at a different park reach out to me asking if I’d be interested in doing my dream job for him and wants me to come in and check out the place next week
3) I filed to get my name changed after I got married and the paperwork arrived from the county and it’s approved and official.
4) I had a very pleasant day at work and the time flew by
5) I finished watching one of my favorite shows this evening “Derry Girls.” I recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh and has Netflix
6) my favorite sports team unofficially declares that a stadium will be built after a decade of silence
7) As I’m laying down in bed I check my email and another job I applied to reached out to me asking for an interview.

I need to go buy a lotto ticket

Last edited:
One thing which I was thinking, and adam adam kinda touched upon it in one of his posts.

There was a feeling today that I think we all collectively felt, somewhat of a "holy shit this is ACTUALLY happening. Is this real?" And even now, I bet some or most of us are still feeling exactly like that. It's been 8 long years (and even longer back to 2012 for some of the council) and that feeling of relief now that it's there is something incredible.

I've been watching the Wrexham documentary, and it's a similar thing there - imagine going through the toil they've been going through with their previous owners, crumbling stadium, neglected city, and now comes in a new breath of fresh air with stadium rejuvination plans, stuff to re-build their team. And they've been in this state WAY longer than we have.

There are countless other examples of this, but I think now we're able to appreciate it more once we see that we have something like this. And adam touched upon this point in the expansion thread, the idea of "i used to be salty seeing shiny new stadiums going to expansion teams, but now I am happy to see them get it" - it's a great feeling.

Positivity. Positive energy. Let's stay positive and move towards a future with out new home :)

I don't know if this belongs in the praise thread or the vent thread but:

1. Tomorrow 10-0 Michigan hosts Illinois at noon in the last obstacle to being undefeated when facing an Ohio State. Later, aOhio faces Maryland at 3:30. TBH, neither game sort of matters as it all comes down to the H2H in a week, but damn 11-0 v 11-0 will be massive even if one of the teams is stupid.
  2. Sunday a very unexpectedly 8-1 Vikings, fresh off the [regular season] game and catch of the year, decade, century, millenium - face the Dallas "Drew fVcking Pearson pushed off" Cowboys on national TV in the 4pm slot. The Vikings don't do good on national TV, but please please please.
  3. Monday the USA plays it's first men's World Cup game in 8 years OMG OMG OMG. Screw the Prince of Wales whoever that is now.
  4. Thanksgiving the Vikings are back on national TV in Prime Time against the GD Patriots and to hell with sports-related patriotism, until....
  5. Day after Thanksgiving. USA v England. They invented the damn game they invented this damn country until we told them to take their superfluous "u"s and stick it in a tumour and it might be must win or it might be a possible clinch (maybe?) OMG OMG OMG. Screw the former Prince of Wales, down the monarchy. The Queen is dead.
  6. Saturday after Thanksgiving. Michigan. aOhio State. Probably both undefeated. Winner almost definitely makes the CFB playoff; loser probably gets the Rose Bowl. Game is in goram Columbus - fVck the Crew I wish they went defunct with that whole stupid second rate state. Gimme snow.

Eight Days, Six massive games. I might Ax-splode. I might not sleep for a week.

Last edited:
I don't know if this belongs in the praise thread or the vent thread but:

1. Tomorrow 10-0 Michigan hosts Illinois at noon in the last obstacle to being undefeated when facing an Ohio State. Later, aOhio faces Maryland at 3:30. TBH, neither game sort of matters as it all comes down to the H2H in a week, but damn 11-0 v 11-0 will be massive even if one of the teams is stupid.
  2. Sunday a very unexpectedly 8-1 Vikings, fresh off the [regular season] game and catch of the year, decade, century, millenium - face the Dallas "Drew fVcking Pearson pushed off" Cowboys on national TV in the 4pm slot. The Vikings don't do good on national TV, but please please please.
  3. Monday the USA plays it's first men's World Cup game in 8 years OMG OMG OMG. Screw the Prince of Wales whoever that is now.
  4. Thanksgiving the Vikings are back on national TV in Prime Time against the GD Patriots and to hell with sports-related patriotism, until....
  5. Day after Thanksgiving. USA v England. They invented the damn game they invented this damn country until we told them to take their superfluous "u"s and stick it in a tumour and it might be must win or it might be a possible clinch (maybe?) OMG OMG OMG. Screw the former Prince of Wales, down the monarchy. The Queen is dead.
  6. Saturday after Thanksgiving. Michigan. aOhio State. Probably both undefeated. Winner almost definitely makes the CFB playoff; loser probably gets the Rose Bowl. Game is in goram Columbus - fVck the Crew I wish they went defunct with that whole stupid second rate state. Gimme snow.

Eight Days, Six massive games. I might Ax-splode. I might not sleep for a week.

I forgot that all your teams are my teams too.

A busy week. I want 6-0. I expect 3-2-1. I’ll be fine with 4-2.

We can reconvene after the week to see how happy/sad/mad we are.

• Love
Reactions: mgarbowski
Honestly I cannot conceive of accepting 2 losses in advance, even if that’s what I’ll probably have to do, if not worse.

I based 3 wins, 2 losses, and a draw on the current odds. I don’t want 2 losses - but I suspect that the England game and the Ohio State games will be a tough pull.

By difficulty:

OSU
England
Dallas
Wales
New England
Illinois

By desire (wins I want the most):

OSU
Dallas
Wales
New England
England
Illinois

Reactions: mgarbowski
I based 3 wins, 2 losses, and a draw on the current odds. I don’t want 2 losses - but I suspect that the England game and the Ohio State games will be a tough pull.

By difficulty:

OSU
England
Dallas
Wales
New England
Illinois

By desire (wins I want the most):

OSU
Dallas
Wales
New England
England
Illinois
I see The Game as a tossup with edge to OSU for home field edge. Not to say it will be close, but it can go either way pretty equally. I won't be shocked if they're by by 20 at the half but I also can see us doing the boa constrictor slow strangle thing we've been doing to everyone else.

Last edited:
The r/cfb subreddit has a thread today for Thanksgiving where you have to say something nice about your school’s rival and it’s super wholesome.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Reactions: KevinJRogers