Official Word From The Club On Supporter Section

I can cope with most of this. But the flag thing makes ZERO sense to me. That was the one thing I wanted to get pushed through. Are there any other SGs that are severely limited like this?

And is this not a big middle finger for 238? "Thanks for buying into the supporter section! You're not allowed to do any typical supporter activities, but you can...stand?"

I can cope with most of this. But the flag thing makes ZERO sense to me. That was the one thing I wanted to get pushed through. Are there any other SGs that are severely limited like this?

And is this not a big middle finger for 238? "Thanks for buying into the supporter section! You're not allowed to do any typical supporter activities, but you can...stand?"
I think some can only use PVC pipes

I'm happy about the no smoke. But no flag poles kinda sucks

visual approximation of sections 236 and 237
genie-waving-flags-o.gif

I also don't buy the "we're guests" in their stadium idea. How many millions of dollars are they going to make off of us filling that place, buying concessions and merch?

Reactions: Pattyboybx
Yeah I'm very confused by all of this myself. I figured they'd restrain all of that to supporters and keep the oher sections from doing it

Now with all of this being said TR HAS TO BE LOUD. Thats the only thing they can have for themselves and if they don't use their voice it'll be just another section but with people standing.

Last edited:
I also don't buy the "we're guests" in their stadium idea. How many millions of dollars are they going to make off of us filling that place, buying concessions and merch?
It's first and foremost a baseball stadium for the Yankees and owned by them - the baseball crowd and atmosphere is quite different than (American) football - if we were playing in a football stadium, this would be a different situation

Reactions: Kjbert
Yankee games have the same rules. No surprises here that they were not going to make any concessions.
Pretty much the same rules in Giants Stadium too, so to me it looks like a lot on the no-no's are somewhat standard. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of them go against NYC Fire, Police, Building codes.

Reactions: Kjbert
said this on the Reddits: Trust me, I'm miffed about this, but am leaning toward the probably unpopular opinion that there isn't much we can do - yes, the Yankees own a fifth of the team, but this is a baseball stadium and for now, we are guests
Exactly.

This sucks but it was expected and comes with just being a temporary situation.

Pretty much the same rules in Giants Stadium too, so to me it looks like a lot on the no-no's are somewhat standard. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of them go against NYC Fire, Police, Building codes.
That would really suck because that means it wouldn't change when we get our own place...

I just want to make something clear. As part of the group of Third Rail people who has been in discussions with the club to get Yankee Stadium to permit certain items, we were just focused on our sections. If the supporters in sections 235 and 238 wanted to get together with the other members of their section, they could do a tifo. It was never said from the club or Yankee Stadium that they couldn't. The dimensions of the sections were only provided for our 2 sections.

Saying that, Yankee Stadium will still require approval of the message on the tifo and the club personnel will have to bring in the materials into the section and have it waiting there for the supporters.

I hope this helps.