Patrick Vieira, MLS Coach of the Year?

If you look at performance this year compared to last year, it should probably go to Mastroeni or Vieira.

Dallas - 60 pts last year, 53 pts this year (3 gms to go)
NYRB - 60 pts last year, 48 pts this year (3 gms to go) - sorry Jesse, go blame the referees or something
TOR - 49 pts last year, 48 pts this year (4 gms to go)
COL - 37 pts last year, 48 pts this year (5 gms to go)
NYC - 37 pts last year, 48 pts this year (3 gms to go)

COL and NYC are currently +11 compared to last year. TOR and DAL are having good years (DAL will probably be about same as last year, TOR will be much better) but COL and NYC are teams from the bottom of the barrel to the top.

I would bet on Mastroeni winning because people will say that PV had big DP players performing while Mastro just basically got more with less. Pareja could get it too just for overall excellence as Dallas will most likely get at least a double this year.

I would bet on Mastroeni winning because people will say that PV had big DP players performing while Mastro just basically got more with less. Pareja could get it too just for overall excellence as Dallas will most likely get at least a double this year.

But Mastroeni has Timmy Howard and Jermaine Jones who calls himself a "Champions League player."

The writers may go for Vieira because it shows an international coach can come into the league and do well, gives broader reach of MLS, so the writers (and the league) get more exposure and get paid.

I think the writers are MLS snobs who would refuse to vote for PV.