Pep Guardiola On His Way To Manchester City.

sir salute

Registered
Aug 12, 2015
according to daily mail pep guardiola is going to join man city in 2017 .Here is the link of the post http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rn-Munich-end-season-Carlo-Ancelotti-set-repl
GettyImages-495819622.jpg

Reactions: FootyLovin
i do believe he is out from bayern after this season, but i do think a battle will brew for him from other premier league teams as well.

Right now there are four competing and all entirely contradictory stories circulating. Some are obviously stronger than others and some will last longer than others. There's the story saying that Pep has agreed to join City because of the Barca connection and the "project". There's the story saying that he is on his way to United as Van Gaal won't last and he only wants to manage a historic, prestigious club. There's the story saying that Chelsea are throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at him to get him to sign on in summer, and finally there's a story saying that his wife is demanding a move to London not Manchester and actually he really fancies managing Arsenal.

Pick your favourite, basically. Supposedly he has already made a decision on his future and is going to announce it after his next game, which is tomorrow - although that decision might still feasibly be that he's going to sign a contract extension, or it might simply be "I'm going to leave, but I won't say where I'm going". Really, until he actually speaks up, let's be honest - no-one knows for sure where he's off to.

What if Pellegrini and City win the Premier League back to back years and with the Champions League. Why would you sack your manager?

EDIT: Looks like Pellegrini may retire instead and just take his contract extension as a severance pay.

Last edited:
Don't believe he will join MUFC ahead of MCFC and the Manchester Evening News feels the same. Would be completely stabbing Soriano and Begiristain in the back to join scum after the massive faith they showed in him at Barcelona. Same if he chose Chelsea (who he's apparently already rejected according to some sources) and even Arsenal couldn't be entirely ruled out.

There has also been the suggestion (by The Sun) that Guardiola has also been offered the NYCFC position "when the time is right." He certainly knows New York well as he owns an apartment in Manhattan.

Don't believe he will join MUFC ahead of MCFC and the Manchester Evening News feels the same. Would be completely stabbing Soriano and Begiristain in the back to join scum after the massive faith they showed in him at Barcelona. Same if he chose Chelsea (who he's apparently already rejected according to some sources) and even Arsenal couldn't be entirely ruled out.

There has also been the suggestion (by The Sun) that Guardiola has also been offered the NYCFC position "when the time is right." He certainly knows New York well as he owns an apartment in Manhattan.

I was about to say "so does Howard Stern", but I just found out he moved to Palm Beach so I'll just say so does Carrie Underwood. Pep and Carrie have about the same chance to be the manager.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah, ESPNFC is also reporting the speculation that CFG is offering a future management position at NYCFC to Guardiola to "sweeten" the potential deal. I'm not sure why that would be attractive to Pep at this point, except as maybe a pre-retirement job option because he reportedly loves NYC.

This is, of course, amid further speculation that CFG would try to bring Messi to Man City, which seems unlikely.

Manchester City target Lionel Messi, Paul Pogba to build Pep's dream team http://espnfc.com/blog/transfer-tal...ity-target-lionel-messi-paul-pogba-dream-team

Yeah, ESPNFC is also reporting the speculation that CFG is offering a future management position at NYCFC to Guardiola to "sweeten" the potential deal. I'm not sure why that would be attractive to Pep at this point, except as maybe a pre-retirement job option because he reportedly loves NYC.

This is, of course, amid further speculation that CFG would try to bring Messi to Man City, which seems unlikely.

Manchester City target Lionel Messi, Paul Pogba to build Pep's dream team http://espnfc.com/blog/transfer-tal...ity-target-lionel-messi-paul-pogba-dream-team

dude lived in the UWS in one of those super nice rich buildings on central park west, but i dont think he will come here to manage unless in maybe 10 years or something

dude lived in the UWS in one of those super nice rich buildings on central park west, but i dont think he will come here to manage unless in maybe 10 years or something
Not even a Pep fan but he'd automatically be the best coach in the damn league.

Not sure why this is a pre-retirement job. He loves NY. He's already won everything there is to win in Europe. Coaching a few years in a city he loves would be a nice mid-career move. It's like if the CEO of a Fortune 100 bank goes to a Fortune 500 hotel. Smaller company. But new challenges. Lots of fun. In a few years s/he can try to go back to a Fortune 100 company or find that the new company has grown in stature to compete with his/her old bank. Not saying NYCFC is going to get as good as MCFC anytime soon. Just saying, I don't see this as necessarily a retirement move.

We've actually already seen this with players coming here from Europe and then getting bought back again by a Euro club. It's time to let go of the MLS=retirement view.

I don't know if reporting is the same thing as linking to the sun. The Sun is still the Sun.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
Not sure why this is a pre-retirement job. He loves NY. He's already won everything there is to win in Europe. Coaching a few years in a city he loves would be a nice mid-career move. It's like if the CEO of a Fortune 100 bank goes to a Fortune 500 hotel. Smaller company. But new challenges. Lots of fun. In a few years s/he can try to go back to a Fortune 100 company or find that the new company has grown in stature to compete with his/her old bank. Not saying NYCFC is going to get as good as MCFC anytime soon. Just saying, I don't see this as necessarily a retirement move.

We've actually already seen this with players coming here from Europe and then getting bought back again by a Euro club. It's time to let go of the MLS=retirement view.

Pep is in his prime looking for a BIG challenge. When the world's best players that are in their prime come to MLS, I'll buy your premise. Until then, I think not.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
Pep is in his prime looking for a BIG challenge. When the world's best players that are in their prime come to MLS, I'll buy your premise. Until then, I think not.
He's been there and done that. Now he is going to yet another league to win a title. Once he has done that in England, maybe he wants to collect a crown in the US. It's not the path for everyone, but some people are intrigued by different types of challenges. Maybe Pep wants to have won in the most top flight leagues of any manager.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
It's time to let go of the MLS=retirement view.
I agree with that in principle. I just have a hard time seeing NYCFC (or MLS generally) being interesting to Pep for quite a long while. Probably not as long as his eventual retirement, true, but I'd think at least a decade.

Regardless, it doesn't seem like a deal point CFG would need to throw in *now*, because I'm sure that if in the future he out-of-the-blue decided he was interested in managing NYCFC, CFG would immediately hire him no matter who he works for between now and then.

What's a bigger challenge than coming to a league where one team isn't guaranteed to win the league from day 1?
But that's what he's doing now, moving from Bayern to the Prem. The Bundesliga will usually be won by Bayern. The Prem has, as evidenced by this season, become far more competitive than it has been in recent decades, and will only become moreso as the fat stacks of ££££ roll in from the new TV deal over the next few seasons.

And at least there he doesn't have to contend with confounding MLS transfer / salary rules, though I could see him maybe being interested in solving that puzzle someday. But probably not until the average talent pool in the league has risen significantly. He can't just have CFG bring in Pogba and Messi like he theoretically could at Man City.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
But that's what he's doing now, moving from Bayern to the Prem. The Bundesliga will usually be won by Bayern. The Prem has, as evidenced by this season, become far more competitive than it has been in recent decades, and will only become moreso as the fat stacks of ££££ roll in from the new TV deal over the next few seasons.

And at least there he doesn't have to contend with confounding MLS transfer / salary rules, though I could see him maybe being interested in solving that puzzle someday. But probably not until the average talent pool in the league has risen significantly. He can't just have CFG bring in Pogba and Messi like he theoretically could at Man City.

Yes noticed this criticism for taking so called easy jobs. He was hardly going to turn Barcelona down for his first (aside from Barca B) managerial job. Also it isn't Bayern or Guardiola'a fault that Dortmund have seemingly been content to operate as their feeder club. The Bundesliga has been praised in other aspects (stadiums, ownership rules, etc) but competitive title race it isn't. So as pointed out above if Guardiola really wanted it easy he would stay where he is. The Champions League won't be easy to win wherever he is due to the luck factor in the knockout stages. If he takes the job at MCFC (as I personally fully expect) and achieves major success who knows what that could mean for NYCFC down the line. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that MLS will grow consistently (and hopefully explosively) over the next few years and CFG believe that as well.

Last edited: