Pigeons are the top scoring team in the league!

adam

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
LBNY
After last night's match, we now lead the league in scoring with 55 goals. We're also tied with Orlando with allowing the most goals at 53. (but they have 2 matches in hand to allow some more). Let's see if we can win the team scoring title this year!!!

Screenshot 2016-09-24 15.23.24.png Screenshot 2016-09-24 15.23.38.png

I don't think this needed it's own thread. It's interesting, but there isn't there a stat thread somewhere?

I don't think this needed it's own thread. It's interesting, but there isn't there a stat thread somewhere?

Is there a blanket stats thread? I can make an excel chart projecting goals predicted to be scored by the last match for all teams in contention if that's what it takes to make this a "legit" thread.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
I'd Like The Team Not To Be Labeled as PIGEONS!!!....................My Andrea, Frank, Saint David Batman Villa. Tommy Mac, Jack H, Mix, Aren't PIGIONS!!! One has No Respect for theses men if you want this call theses men that Dumb Ass Name!! I Don't Have To Tell You What You Are if you Support this???.........You Know By Now!!!!! THANK-YOU HAVE A NICE DAY!!

I'd Like The Team Not To Be Labeled as PIGEONS!!!....................My Andrea, Frank, Saint David Batman Villa. Tommy Mac, Jack H, Mix, Aren't PIGIONS!!! One has No Respect for theses men if you want this call theses men that Dumb Ass Name!! I Don't Have To Tell You What You Are if you Support this???.........You Know By Now!!!!! THANK-YOU HAVE A NICE DAY!!

Fair lady, you seem to be unaware of the respected place that the noble pigeons have held in human history. I'm sure your dear Andrea would be honored to be considered half the pigeon as the hero Cher Ami!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cher_Ami

I love the pigeons moniker

Every time I embarrass my family by wearing the bluebird shirt, my wife asks me if I have ever seen an Eastern Bluebird in NYC. She's got a point. I have abandoned the fight, but will wear the shirt to see out its undefeated run.

And Staten Island's minor league baseball team didn't use in in the end. They went with Pizza Rats!
Because they deemed the connotation of a pigeon was worse than a rat! Focus group research already done!

Reactions: Vallos and JayH
didn't realize NJRB was SO bad on the road. One of those wins was at NYCFC

Imagine what we could do with a more cohesive back line, and a better goalie. #sellmixandmenatogetabettergoalkeeper (p.s. Can hashtags get too long?)

Anyone know of a stand alone goalkeeper that could be a free transfer this offseasons?

Reactions: Kjbert
Imagine what we could do with a more cohesive back line, and a better goalie. #sellmixandmenatogetabettergoalkeeper (p.s. Can hashtags get too long?)

Anyone know of a stand alone goalkeeper that could be a free transfer this offseasons?

You don't to sell Mix and Mena to get a better keeper.

I still support Mena and think he's good 1v1. I don't think up to speed yet on the pace that we play with especially in terms of the decision making that goes along with it.

Reactions: Ulrich

I still support Mena and think he's good 1v1. I don't think up to speed yet on the pace that we play with especially in terms of the decision making that goes along with it.
1v1 skills only get you so far when 1v1 becomes 1v0 because you are chasing butterflies 20 yards away.

I get what your saying, but here is my two cents (for what they're worth).

Mena is the third option now. Now while between him and Hernandez, he's the better option (debatably), Mena isn't an American, which holds value in itself when you have to trade for international spots. If we traded/sold him we would still have two competent back ups, and would free up some cap space.

Now for Mix. We all love him. Some of us are ripping out our hair that he isn't playing, I miss watching him play,but he is so deep into the dog house that some people have forgotten that he is even on the team. I wish that Viera would play him. I wish that he could return to form, and make a solid comeback to the national team. The truth is that Viera, besides all the odds at the beginning of the season, had this team in first place in the east for a majority of the season, has gained us our first entry into the playoffs, has us fighting for one of the top spots in those playoffs, and even had us dreaming of winning the supporters shield. He did all of this while Mix was barely even a bench player, and it doesn't look like he needs him. Now I know that you care for him LionNYC LionNYC, like I do but at this point I think that we should do a Mullins/Poku type trade, where we find a much better fit for him and we come out a stronger team for it.

You have those two players off the books, along with possibly Saunders, and we'd have enough cap space to find us a better goal keeper that could hopefully single handily bring our goals against down.

P.s. I didn't mean to be so long winded; I hope that you don't view it as an attack, just an opinion; and if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

I get what your saying, but here is my two cents (for what they're worth).

Mena is the third option now. Now while between him and Hernandez, he's the better option (debatably), Mena isn't an American, which holds value in itself when you have to trade for international spots. If we traded/sold him we would still have two competent back ups, and would free up some cap space.

Now for Mix. We all love him. Some of us are ripping out our hair that he isn't playing, I miss watching him play,but he is so deep into the dog house that some people have forgotten that he is even on the team. I wish that Viera would play him. I wish that he could return to form, and make a solid comeback to the national team. The truth is that Viera, besides all the odds at the beginning of the season, had this team in first place in the east for a majority of the season, has gained us our first entry into the playoffs, has us fighting for one of the top spots in those playoffs, and even had us dreaming of winning the supporters shield. He did all of this while Mix was barely even a bench player, and it doesn't look like he needs him. Now I know that you care for him LionNYC LionNYC, like I do but at this point I think that we should do a Mullins/Poku type trade, where we find a much better fit for him and we come out a stronger team for it.

You have those two players off the books, along with possibly Saunders, and we'd have enough cap space to find us a better goal keeper that could hopefully single handily bring our goals against down.

P.s. I didn't mean to be so long winded; I hope that you don't view it as an attack, just an opinion; and if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.
I think he moreso means that you don't need to get rid of both of those guys to find a good goalkeeper in MLS. Look at the salaries goalkeepers are making around the league:

Rimando: 400k
Sean Johnson: 250k
Bill Hamid: 325k
Luis Robles: 265k
Andre Blak: 100k
Stefan Frei: 200k
David Bingham: 145k
David Ousted: 360k

Those are some of the top goalkeepers in MLS and there are others that are even better deals (Rowe, Hernandez, etc.) and some are cheaper than Saunders.

The argument for finding a good MLS quality keeper isn't necessarily contingent upon getting rid of both Mix and Mena. In fact, if we were to get rid of both of them and use all of that money to sign a keeper, we would have the second highest paid keeper in the league (behind only Tim Howard).