Pirlo Considering Juventus Loan In January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFCfan

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 9, 2014

According to David Amoyal who's a reputable source who works for DiMarzio Pirlo is considering a loan.

The only way this is a positive development is if with Pirlo gone, NYCFC sign another DP (which is allowed as long as Juventus pay his salary). It would be enough to get Poku a starting spot in Midfield as well as the chance to bring in a big name on offense to pair with Villa or defense to help the back line.

I don't think this means he's gone or missing part of the season. I think he wants to stay in shape and demonstrate his quality at a top club in order to cement a spot on Italy's Euro team next summer. Yes, maybe this could be like Beckham's loan to Milan (where he played alongside Pirlo and stayed til summer). But it could also be like Donovan's loans to Everton, where it kept him in good form and brought him home to start the year.

Pirlo's defensive liabilities are not cancelled out by the 4 or 5 moments of brilliance we saw this year.

I'm still puzzled as to why consistently Jacobsen plays higher up the field than Pirlo. If Jacobsen is a DM and Pirlo unlocks the safe but is weak defensively, why do you have Pirlo sitting further back?

I want to tear my hair out when AJ rumbles up the field thinking he is a number 10. Stay back and protect that damn backline and give Pirlo the damn keys.

According to David Amoyal who's a reputable source who works for DiMarzio Pirlo is considering a loan.

The only way this is a positive development is if with Pirlo gone, NYCFC sign another DP (which is allowed as long as Juventus pay his salary). It would be enough to get Poku a starting spot in Midfield as well as the chance to bring in a big name on offense to pair with Villa or defense to help the back line.

Ok full disclosure I was one who was very much in favor of Pirlo coming to NYCFC. I thought his presence on the ball would help create space for our other mids and forwards and his exquisite touch would work well with Villa in our attacking end. However, besides his Orlando game, his first game in MLS, with Orlando not preparing for him, he has been a major disappointment in my book.

I think defensively he is a major liability, I think offensively this league is too fast, too strong for him. He is used to playing in Europe where the defense sits back more and gives guys ample time with the ball. He is great over there but MLS is a different animal. I say, cut your losses if you are NYCFC, let him go back to Juve full time, we have Lampard hopefully for a full season, Villa, hopefully Poku starting for a full year, and another year with Mix, I think that is a very good midfield.

A mid of Lampard, Poku, Mix, with another added above avg MLS mid, and we can be real good.

In my opinion, as I stated a few days ago, we need to move on from Pirlo. MLS is not for him.

Good. Give him a nice bottle of wine and send him on his way. His presence is an absolute death knell for a lineup. Our lineups lack offensives explosiveness with him on the field. Send him off, spend money on a strong centerback and other defensive pieces, move Lampard to where Pirlo is, put Poku in the central mid and you have a playoff team.

Good. Give him a nice bottle of wine and send him on his way. His presence is an absolute death knell for a lineup. Our lineups lack offensives explosiveness with him on the field. Send him off, spend money on a strong centerback and other defensive pieces, move Lampard to where Pirlo is, put Poku in the central mid and you have a playoff team.

I actually think if we move Mix back in the center mid, maybe play a quasi cdm and have Lampard and Poku in front of him, he can be very good. Mix has a great motor and he is not afraid to go after the opposing players on defense. I think Mix is being wasted on the wings, he belongs in the center. However in this team, I think both Poku and Lampard are more of threat as a center attacking mid, so the only place for Mix is more in the center D mid. I think he could be very good in this role.

But also what makes me think Mix would be good in this role is his ability to start the break form he backend. His passing is very sharp when he is in the middle of the field, and his outlet passes are very good, all abilities you need as a CDM.

So next year I would love to see Villa up top with Poku as a SS, slightly underneath Villa. Then have Lampard at CAM with Mix behind him. Who is at LM? If Angelino is back, I would have him at LM. For the RM, I would look for someone external. Macnamara is not the answer. Ballouchy is not the answer. We all know Grabavoy isn't.

I think this would really set us up quite nicely.

Last edited:
FWIW I read this story earlier today:

http://talksport.com/football/itali...loan-amid-manchester-city-links-151027172034?

New York City star Andrea Pirlo has ruled out a winter loan move back to Europe, amid rumours of a short-term move to Manchester City.

Pirlo arrived in the Big Apple during the summer but is free to leave on loan during the MLS off-season – just as the likes of David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Robbie Keane and Landan Donovan have in the past.

The 36-year-old has struggled for form in America, with New York City finishing eighth out of ten clubs in the Eastern Conference, despite the presence of him, Chelsea hero Frank Lampard and Spain striker David Villa.

Nevertheless, the classy Italian maestro has still been linked with a temporary move to City, the sister club of the New York MLS franchise.

Pirlo, however, says he has no intention of a move to England during the off-season. He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "No, I do not think I will go to Europe, it would not be fair to my team.

"All I'm thinking about is training this off season for the 2016 campaign at New York."

It has quotes directly from the player, too, which is usually a good indication of the story's legitimacy. Juve may want to loan him, but I don't think he has any intention of going to them.

Reactions: sbrylski
Send him, can we help him pack? Don't dislike him personally but I really wanted/hoped/expected that NYCFC would bring in MLS 2.0 or whatever. Meaning signings like Giovinco, Dos Santos, Vela or in that age range. Not make NY Red Bulls type signings

Reactions: S1ARK5
If you play Mix next to Pirlo, it opens up your options.

The team didn't know how to play together this year. Play a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. That's the personnel you have.

Send him, can we help him pack? Don't dislike him personally but I really wanted/hoped/expected that NYCFC would bring in MLS 2.0 or whatever. Meaning signings like Giovinco, Dos Santos, Vela or in that age range. Not make NY Red Bulls type signings
I think eventually NYCFC will get those younger stud DPs but in our first year it was more about exposure and name recognition then anything else. Not to say Dos Santos and Giovinco are not brand names, they are but Pirlo and Lampard resonate more with NYC fans.

Sadly this thread is filled with wisdom. I love Pirlo but his presence along with Lampard means Poku plays less and NYCFC doesn't go after a DP level CDM. We need for this to change in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.