Realistic Expectations

XIValentin

Registered
Dec 5, 2014
Bronx
so far with the recent news of new players pending, what do you guys think we'll accomplish this year? I personally think were gonna destroy everyone lol, of course there's some bias in that, but the roster is looking pretty damn great, not even including whose supposedly on their way still, Mix, Javier Calle etc. all solid players

so far with the recent news of new players pending, what do you guys think we'll accomplish this year? I personally think were gonna destroy everyone lol, of course there's some bias in that, but the roster is looking pretty damn great, not even including whose supposedly on their way still, Mix, Javier Calle etc. all solid players
do you KNOW anything about Calle? Cant find much on him

If this team makes the playoffs (even an expanded playoff to 12), I'd argue that they've achieved a lot. Getting an expansion team to the playoffs in the first year is a really rare feat.

If this team makes the playoffs (even an expanded playoff to 12), I'd argue that they've achieved a lot. Getting an expansion team to the playoffs in the first year is a really rare feat.
Agreed, however we have a double edged sword. If we do too good we bought it. If we do poorly we are mocked for spending foolishly etc. That said I see us making the playoffs.

The Yankee fan in me expects the MLS Cup in the bronx at the end of the season. But to be realistic, I'd to see a playoff apperance and anything after that is gravy.

Reactions: XIValentin
Agreed, however we have a double edged sword. If we do too good we bought it. If we do poorly we are mocked for spending foolishly etc. That said I see us making the playoffs.
as a long time yankee fan im used to that. but oh well i brag about 27 all the time when that mockery comes around. I can't wait to brag about it on the MLS side

Let's first see who the other two DP's...........never mind, that's even too lame for me.......

I think it's going to be a while until we see success here but I won't be surprised to have a good season given our manager and some of the weapons he has. Hopefully he can use the current batch of players as a shield to develop younger dynamic talent that we'll see dominate the MLS in three to four years.

How would performing well be perceived as buying it? There are other perks from being an expansion team like with the drafts - plus we're NYC which is alluring to most players. If anything, I think it would be a reflection of Jason Kreis.

How would performing well be perceived as buying it? There are other perks from being an expansion team like with the drafts - plus we're NYC which is alluring to most players. If anything, I think it would be a reflection of Jason Kreis.

Didn't say it would be valid but the fact is our team comes from money.

Didn't say it would be valid but the fact is our team comes from money.
3nb6XCT.gif

- plus we're NYC which is alluring to most players. If anything, I think it would be a reflection of Jason Kreis.

The NY thing is a bit overrated. From the perspective of alluring free agents. Historically many a great player has opted for other cities and done well. Lebron went to Miami for a more recent example. Sometimes it's all about the weather, South Beach, no state income tax, who pays the most $$$, etc. But for some, sure, NY may be the reason.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Before signing players, I would have been happy with a competitive Year 1 with promise but no playoffs. Now that 6 Eastern teams out of 10 will make the playoffs and the type of players we have assembled, we have to make the playoffs. On paper, I think we can at least compete with Toronto, Montreal, Philly, Orlando, Chicago and NYRB. DC, Crew and Revs look to be the clear cream of the crop.

I am interested to see how NYCFC does in the US Open Cup... I want trophies!

Before signing players, I would have been happy with a competitive Year 1 with promise but no playoffs. Now that 6 Eastern teams out of 10 will make the playoffs and the type of players we have assembled, we have to make the playoffs. On paper, I think we can at least compete with Toronto, Montreal, Philly, Orlando, Chicago and NYRB. DC, Crew and Revs look to be the clear cream of the crop.

I am interested to see how NYCFC does in the US Open Cup... I want trophies!
zp29vL.jpg