#redbullout

If you're the Red Bulls would you honestly expect this to go any differently?

Reactions: Kjbert
Well then, that was less than successful.

10931432_847819455260190_7932639358139070120_n.jpg

I think they expected that reaction. No corporately owned sports team NEEDS to ever hold a meeting like this, and I'm thinking their hope is that the fanbase, which has remained loyal through rebranding etc, will keep that in mind when the anger dies down.

As an organization, they're often criticized for ignoring fan sentiment, eg. saying the team was founded in 2006, basically igniting metro history until their banner drop last year, dropping NJ from the name, dressing up like a can of soda, etc. Now they can officially say that they DID listen to the fans. I think it's safe to say that they won't be holding another meeting like it again though.

that was pretty rough to watch ... my favorite part were the crowd shots when the camera was turned around. I love how the woman in the next row got up at some point and came back with french fries

that town hall was an absolute embarrassment. Not to Red Bull, credit to them for holding it, but to the behavior of the supporters
I think it was a mix of both. Really cool that Red Bull would do that, but they dodged basically all of the questions. The fans definitely should have acted better though. I don't think any opinions on either end were getting changed based on the talk, so the fans should have allowed the Red Bulls to explain themselves and the Red Bulls should have actually tried to explain themselves rather than dodging the questions and giving "corporate answers" as that one fan kept yelling.

Reactions: Goodfella
I think it was a mix of both. Really cool that Red Bull would do that, but they dodged basically all of the questions. The fans definitely should have acted better though. I don't think any opinions on either end were getting changed based on the talk, so the fans should have allowed the Red Bulls to explain themselves and the Red Bulls should have actually tried to explain themselves rather than dodging the questions and giving "corporate answers" as that one fan kept yelling.

How do you allow someone who is intent on dodging all questions to explain himself? Sometimes you just have to express outrage if they give you no other option.

How do you allow someone who is intent on dodging all questions to explain himself? Sometimes you just have to express outrage if they give you no other option.
Agreed. No point in having a town hall style meeting with season ticket holders if you are just going to give them the same empty answers that you give in a PR or media interview.

Not that any straight answers would have incited any less vitriol though. There were people there just to vent their frustrations. And I don't blame them for that.

This is disgusting and difficult to watch... I pray and hope and believe that NYCFC fans will never ever be as disrespectful and rude as these clowns. It sounds like the RB supporters are full of those douchebags that wouldn't shut up in class in high school... a room full of class clowns. It will be so difficult for me to support NYCFC if we have supporters that are even near as rude. RB didnt have to even let you in the room and they are acting like assholes and keep heckling... its ridiculous. Nothing will get done this way... the video actually made me angry and I cannot wait to own RBNY. Kick em while they are down.

I cannot believe they simply wouldn't let them speak... regardless of how upset one is, it's called human decency. I would love to see any one of those hecklers deal with those questions and be in those guys shoes. I swear if I were the RB exec. I wouldve cancelled the whole event after 5 mins of those hecklers, they don't even deserve the time.

I'm all for hating on the Red Bull fans, but in this case they got shit on by a new GM who made a ridiculous decision and is determined to talk his way around it by bringing up other issues and throwing out buzzwords. In this case I completely support just heckling them because Curtis was not going to explain himself regardless of how civilized the crowd was. He made that clear time and again. So if he's gonna dance around the issue then he at least should not be allowed to feel comfortable while doing it.

Reactions: Spanky Roman