Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Regardless of these stats, Club Brugge signed him to get them back to the top. Last season they finished 4th which is quite unacceptable for their level in the past decade or so. Two seasons ago they finished on 72 points before the split, last year at 59, and this year 51 (less teams, so just about equal with 59 from last year) and that looks highly unlikely they'll finish top or even top two after the split... - meaning that this was always on the cards.
I get that it is a results business, expectations (esp. for big clubs in small to medium leagues) and all that. I'm also not all that sorry for Ronny. World soccer is an ongoing demonstration of the Peter Principle in action for both players and coaches and if anything I find it amusing when yet another one moves somewhere bigger and fails or languishes on the bench. But I also find the velocity with which many European clubs cycle through managers to be a bit much and likely counterproductive.

I get that it is a results business, expectations (esp. for big clubs in small to medium leagues) and all that. I'm also not all that sorry for Ronny. World soccer is an ongoing demonstration of the Peter Principle in action for both players and coaches and if anything I find it amusing when yet another one moves somewhere bigger and fails or languishes on the bench. But I also find the velocity with which many European clubs cycle through managers to be a bit much and likely counterproductive.
Agreed 100%.

Reactions: mgarbowski