Rumor: Pirlo To Join Manchester City In 2 Months

So we believe that the braintrust at MCFC watched Pirlo's performance for NYCFC and said, "we gotta have it!"? How does that make any sense at all?

I don't believe anyone in their right mind would base their opinion on Pirlo from playing along side the greats like Grabavoy, Jacobson, McNamara lol. Come on, it's like painting the Sistine Chapel with finger paints. Most artists need the right tools to create at a high level, not being surrounded by tools.

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone in their right mind would base their opinion on Pirlo from playing along side the greats like Grabavoy, Jacobson, McNamara lol. Come on, it's like painting the Sistine Chapel with finger paints. Most artists need the right tools to create at a high level, not being surrounded by tools.
Right.... but.... how do you know the Sistine Chapel wasn't done with finger paints?

Reactions: NickA and SoupInNYC
For real though, the only way you can put Pirlo in that team is to sit YaYa and play a midfield 3 of Pirlo, Fernandinho and Delph/Fernando. Maybe in La Liga or Serie A, you can have two guys who walk around a lot, but in the EPL or MLS, it's suicide.

So while I believe that CFG wouldn't do it just on principle (so I tell myself), I would absolutely rely on the fact that a short term to half-season loan of a player like Pirlo would not add to their team. It would be to the detriment, as I don't see YaYa being a big team first guy who would take kindly to being displaced, even some of the time.

Whatever helps you sleep, right?

Not saying I believe this rumor, but for PR purposes the timeline would make sense. Maybe CFG believes they are doing us a favor by transferring him to MCFC, but won't announce it until we have a new DP lined up during the January window.

That would make sense.

Reactions: Kjbert
Would everyone be ok if he went over there for two months and trained with the MCFC first team to stay fit? We would get him in late February.

Would everyone be ok if he went over there for two months and trained with the MCFC first team to stay fit? We would get him in late February.
That's fine with me. As long as he's here on time. Now if he wants to miss any NYCFC time, we better sign a solid DP to replace him.

Reactions: NickA
So he would miss the first month of preseason with the rest of the club? I'll say negatory on that.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's fine with me. As long as he's here on time. Now if he wants to miss any NYCFC time, we better sign a solid DP to replace him.

What if he trains with MCFC in January and February and not here?