Rumor: Pirlo To Join Manchester City In 2 Months

Sky Italia, which is actually pretty reliable, isn't reporting this. It was Fabio Caressa, who appears on many channels/websites/shows who made the claim in a radio interview in Italy. He believes it could happen in January.

All these sites are linking back to calciomercato.com who put up a blurb about Caressa appearing on a radio program on Radio Deejay.

Reactions: NickA and Kjbert
I know the reality of having this time off is finally hit him! He's not used to being off at this time of year and now he's all thrown out of whack! He's a restless Man in the Big Apple and doesn't know what to bite into next! Yes the cities are the place where no one sleeps. But how many restaurants , museums, and shopping with the girlfriend can one do before it looses it's appeal? I say this sarcastically only cause i'm filled with hate and jealously that it's her and not me that gets to do all these things with him on his arm. Damn!!! But after the Puerto Rico game Who Knows?? That's why i wish he'd have a business plan in mind with his Wine for the US! ...What Better Place than NY for it's kick off? He's got to start thinking past playing in these last precious years! Both him and this team took a huge chance in each other. I can only hope time is a friend and not an enemy!

He'll be back in Italy for most of the off-season tho.

Don't see pirlo at city at all too similar to yaya.
Cue abuse from the usual suspects but wouldn't be surprised to see poku asked over for a bit of extra training. Could possibly see him having a career in Europe

It's worth noting that several publications, including leading Italian papers, are still running with the stories that either Inter are close to signing a deal with Pirlo, or that he's going to go to Antalyaspor with Ronaldinho to earn some stupid amount of money per game.

In other words, no-one really has a clue, nothing is decided, and everyone is running with the story that serves them best.

It's worth noting that several publications, including leading Italian papers, are still running with the stories that either Inter are close to signing a deal with Pirlo, or that he's going to go to Antalyaspor with Ronaldinho to earn some stupid amount of money per game.

In other words, no-one really has a clue, nothing is decided, and everyone is running with the story that serves them best.

The Turkish deal was for £175,000 a game for 8 games. That's approx $265,000 per game for eight games at current conversion rates which is $2.1mm total. Now THAT is a stupid amount of money.

Honestly if Pirlo takes a quick winter spell in Turkey before joining us again for at least part of preseason I could not find myself to get that pissed off at him. The guy is an aging soccer player who's career longevity at the top level is frankly astonishing, and has probably tied or broken some kind of non goalie record.

Let the man get in his payday while he is still able to. As long as he is back for us!

If he gets traded I want Zlatan. #daretoZlatan

As long as he is back for us!
That's the problem though. What if he hurts his calf muscle or something while playing for another team? I can't imagine there's not some standard clause in his contract about that sort of thing.

Reactions: Kjbert
He deserves his payday/victory tour, if so he can leave. I don't want this team bending over to accommodate that situation. Not saying that these rumors are true, but we have to start having a backbone and stop making excuses for any past or future "moves" that benefit other entities besides our team!

Would everyone be ok if he went over there for two months and trained with the MCFC first team to stay fit? We would get him in late February.
Normally if we were an established team I wouldn't see a big deal. In fact it would help a team and make subs step up big and get more time with a team while the big dog is away. However we aren't and are most likely going to have a completely different team so being present for better understanding of tactics and teammates is pretty essential

There is no chance of Pirlo going to Manchester City on loan. Simply because all our foreign places are taken up. the only person to trust from Italy is DiMarzio. Everyone else just makes things up, just like our tabloids in the UK.

These type of transfer rumors are every day in Europe. It doesn't happen with MLS, because in reality, our teams aren't on their radars and our seasons don't coincide. There are now a few teams in MLS that actual have players worth discussing transfer rumors about. We are definitely on that level now as far as MLS teams go. The more the league grows, the more it'll happen. The problem is the league's start and stop times don't work well with European leagues. It's too bad cause it would be pretty cool for some MLS teams to have the ability to take on some talent for a year. Not sure how that would work with MLS cap structures and whatnot...but there are plenty of guys young and old riding the bench in Europe that could help bring this league to another level.

These type of transfer rumors are every day in Europe. It doesn't happen with MLS, because in reality, our teams aren't on their radars and our seasons don't coincide. There are now a few teams in MLS that actual have players worth discussing transfer rumors about. We are definitely on that level now as far as MLS teams go. The more the league grows, the more it'll happen. The problem is the league's start and stop times don't work well with European leagues. It's too bad cause it would be pretty cool for some MLS teams to have the ability to take on some talent for a year. Not sure how that would work with MLS cap structures and whatnot...but there are plenty of guys young and old riding the bench in Europe that could help bring this league to another level.

Like Giovinco. Imagine if a Samir Nasri, Juan Mata or Willian came to MLS.