Season Ticket Seller Credit

QuigrNYCFC

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Realized today that you have to ask your season ticket rep directly for your seller credit balance. If you sell tickets on the ticket exchange you can't see or do anything with your money unless you go through a rep. Anyone find this slightly shady? I was a little miffed that the NYCFC ticketmaster site withholds info regarding your credits.

I think I'll just do direct deposit from now on. Anyone else find this annoying and or underhanded?

Realized today that you have to ask your season ticket rep directly for your seller credit balance. If you sell tickets on the ticket exchange you can't see or do anything with your money unless you go through a rep. Anyone find this slightly shady? I was a little miffed that the NYCFC ticketmaster site withholds info regarding your credits.

I think I'll just do direct deposit from now on. Anyone else find this annoying and or underhanded?
That's actually not true.... There isn't a direct link to your credit on the website, but through a process of about 5-6+ clicks (I can never remember the order or how I navigate to it) you can get to a listing of the $$ credited to your account. It's painful and frustrating looking for it - I may have to videotape my session so I can map out the process otherwise I'll forget again.

That's actually not true.... There isn't a direct link to your credit on the website, but through a process of about 5-6+ clicks (I can never remember the order or how I navigate to it) you can get to a listing of the $$ credited to your account. It's painful and frustrating looking for it - I may have to videotape my session so I can map out the process otherwise I'll forget again.
Interesting. I just had an email correspondence with a rep today who said otherwise. He said he was "working on it" when I asked to see my credit balance on the site.

Interesting. I just had an email correspondence with a rep today who said otherwise. He said he was "working on it" when I asked to see my credit balance on the site.
It's possible. I've found it three times.

Ok, here's the process, and it's only three clicks once you're logged in:

1. Log in to Account Manager
2. Click on upper left "edit my profile"
3. Hit "save" on the profile (edit if you want but not required unless something is in red"
4. Click "view NYCFC ticket exchange balance" on the middle right side.

Ok, here's the process, and it's only three clicks once you're logged in:

1. Log in to Account Manager
2. Click on upper left "edit my profile"
3. Hit "save" on the profile (edit if you want but not required unless something is in red"
4. Click "view NYCFC ticket exchange balance" on the middle right side.
Wow thank you. I think what I asked the rep more specifically was if I could use the credit to buy individual game tickets. That might have been the issue. Can you use the credits on the ticket exchange?

Wow thank you. I think what I asked the rep more specifically was if I could use the credit to buy individual game tickets. That might have been the issue. Can you use the credits on the ticket exchange?
Not sure. I'm just saving it for next year's STH purchase.

What is this all about? I get money direct deposited to my bank account whenever I sell tickets on the ticket exchange.

Is that not available to everyone? What am I missing?

Reactions: Lasker
What is this all about? I get money direct deposited to my bank account whenever I sell tickets on the ticket exchange.

I wondered this too. why take a credit when you can get real money without penalty?

You're not missing anything. With interest rates near zero, whether I bank the sale proceeds or keep it as credit is fairly meaningless - I just choose to keep it out of my day-to-day account so that when renewal takes place I'm only coughing up the difference rather than the whole - it's really just psychological. I guess I'm allowing ticketmaster to pool my money with others doing the same and earn interest, so more power to them, but the interest I'd get is absolutely negligible so it's not worth it to me.

I wondered this too. why take a credit when you can get real money without penalty?
Personally, I get credit because it gets applied to my balance as I'm on the installment plan. Once that's done (or if I pay up front next season) I'd get direct deposit.

You're not missing anything. With interest rates near zero, whether I bank the sale proceeds or keep it as credit is fairly meaningless - I just choose to keep it out of my day-to-day account so that when renewal takes place I'm only coughing up the difference rather than the whole - it's really just psychological. I guess I'm allowing ticketmaster to pool my money with others doing the same and earn interest, so more power to them, but the interest I'd get is absolutely negligible so it's not worth it to me.

I didn't even realize that's an option.

I've attempted to sell tickets on the NYCFC ticket exchange several times and the site crashed for me every time. So I've gone to selling them on Stubhub.