Should I Pull the Trigger on Season Tickets?... Your Thoughts, Please **Trigger Pulled***

Can't hurt to go to a couple of games and then make the decision. I went to a couple the first season, got hooked and bought a package for the rest of the year.

Gotcha. Though you're not really making a buck off the club. But if it makes you feel good then go on!
yes and no. I am getting the cash in the secondary market but I am occupying a seat at a discount which they offered to help build a base. I am sure they would like to have that discount back and sell it at full cost. they are making 90% of the ticket price and I am making 10% off them. The end user is still paying the price they find fair to pay and if no one buys it I go to the game. If I lose the discount I will stop renewing. I know they club really wins cause they want the sale anyhow, but its my small little victory and I am pleased.

yes and no. I am getting the cash in the secondary market but I am occupying a seat at a discount which they offered to help build a base. I am sure they would like to have that discount back and sell it at full cost. they are making 90% of the ticket price and I am making 10% off them. The end user is still paying the price they find fair to pay.

Hope we can manage another DP signing with the hit you're putting on the books! ;)

Just to echo what others have said:

• Yes, buy a season ticket package. Easy peasy to resell and you'll break even (if not make some $$) with the ticket resales. I've resold every game I couldn't attend and never have sold at a loss.
  • Being a season ticket holder will get you to a few games you wouldn't attend and you may end up seeing a great game - example: Lampard scoring two to beat DC on a Thursday night in Sept.
  • They are not going anywhere for at least 5+ years. No stadium site has been chosen yet and you know how long NYC construction takes.

Go to Sunday's game, get a feel for the different sections, enjoy the atmosphere...and then make your decision.

I've been a season ticket holder since the beginning. In the last 2 years i've only missed 4 games. I was able to sell all my tickets for games that i didn't attend. Get to know the other season ticket holders around you, exchange email and phone #'s . I always told them what games i couldn't attend and gave them first choice to buy the tickets for friends and family and sold 2 games that way and the other two through ticket exchange and Stub Hub.

Go to Sunday's game, get a feel for the different sections, enjoy the atmosphere...and then make your decision.

Yes, do this. My section 127b is honestly very boring atmosphere. I really liked the view, from behind the goal, not on the field level but a little higher up near the concession stands. Probably really good for a half, but tough when they switch sides. A buddy of mine likes higher up, in the corner. I never got to move around much before i bought, I would "rent" before buying.

Just to echo what others have said:

• Yes, buy a season ticket package. Easy peasy to resell and you'll break even (if not make some $$) with the ticket resales. I've resold every game I couldn't attend and never have sold at a loss.
  • Being a season ticket holder will get you to a few games you wouldn't attend and you may end up seeing a great game - example: Lampard scoring two to beat DC on a Thursday night in Sept.
  • They are not going anywhere for at least 5+ years. No stadium site has been chosen yet and you know how long NYC construction takes.

Maybe this is the regular schtick the customer service reps are forced to say to get a sale, but he indicated that there aren't very many seats left and I should buy right away because with the team going to the playoffs this year they are selling most of the season tickets out. Do you think this is normal salesman talk pressuring for the sale or do you think I have time to wait until after Sunday before making a decision?

Maybe this is the regular schtick the customer service reps are forced to say to get a sale, but he indicated that there aren't very many seats left and I should buy right away because with the team going to the playoffs this year they are selling most of the season tickets out. Do you think this is normal salesman talk pressuring for the sale or do you think I have time to wait until after Sunday before making a decision?

I honestly have no idea...maybe someone else on the boards might offer insight. Haven't talked to a sales rep ever.

There is your answer. The rest is irrelevant.

I understand that... but like I said, I don't want reselling tickets I can't go to to be a full time job. I want to be able to throw them on Stubhub or NYCFC ticket exchange and sell them easily (again, not looking to make a profit).

I seriously doubt they are close to selling out. Sounds like shitty salesman tactics to me.

I can picture it now... every ticket rep got an email when we clinched the playoffs with a goal of X number of new season tickets sold to close out the season. They send out an excel file every Friday with the numbers and highlight the one goon who sold the most. The guys at the bottom are pissing themselves and start making shit up to get you to sign up today...

I don't think you'd have an issue if you waited until after Sunday.

I understand that... but like I said, I don't want reselling tickets I can't go to to be a full time job. I want to be able to throw them on Stubhub or NYCFC ticket exchange and sell them easily (again, not looking to make a profit).
it literally takes a minute to post your tix for sale on the NYCFC Ticket Exchange

Reactions: FootyLovin
Definitely do it. As many have pointed out, its very easy to resell tickets. Every time I have tried to resell mine, they have sold. Sometimes it has been at slightly higher than face value (I was out of town for the RB match) and sometimes I have sold at slightly lower than face value.

Additionally, as someone else pointed out earlier, next year they are implementing a system where if you are unable to attend, you can roll your tickets over to another match. So if you are unable to sell, you may be able to bring another 1-2 people for another match in the future (note that to my knowledge, they haven't released exactly how this is going to work yet).

Hope to hear you and your daughter losing your voice with all of us at Yankee Stadium next year after David Villa puts them in the back of the net!

Reactions: Schwallacus
I recently pulled the trigger. Here's some background that may or may not help you...

I'm a long time soccer fan but not of the MLS. I could never get into the Metrostars/Red Bulls being that they are 100% in NJ (which annoys me about the Jets and Giants). When NYCFC was announced I took notice but I didn't follow them like some of the others here. Then Lampardgate happened and I just shook my head and remember telling my brother "here we go with the BS".

My cousin became a member late last year and raved about it. He's actually the guy getting Pirlo's jersey in the promos for the "shirts off our backs" event. This year I bought a three game package w/ the two Red Bull and LA Galaxy game. I enjoyed them, but more importantly my 6 year old son did too. I bought another game off stub hub and took my wife and daughter. They loved it and my wife told me I should get two tickets for the season and rotate the kids/her/friends. No-brainer at that point.

I bought in 212 but plan to walk around the stadium on Sunday and during the playoffs to see if I'd like to switch. I sat in 212 before and, even though it is behind the goal, it is close to the field.

Hope that helps even a little.

Reactions: Vallos and Ulrich
Definitely do it. As many have pointed out, its very easy to resell tickets. Every time I have tried to resell mine, they have sold. Sometimes it has been at slightly higher than face value (I was out of town for the RB match) and sometimes I have sold at slightly lower than face value.

Additionally, as someone else pointed out earlier, next year they are implementing a system where if you are unable to attend, you can roll your tickets over to another match. So if you are unable to sell, you may be able to bring another 1-2 people for another match in the future (note that to my knowledge, they haven't released exactly how this is going to work yet).

Hope to hear you and your daughter losing your voice with all of us at Yankee Stadium next year after David Villa puts them in the back of the net!

Mind if I ask where your seats are located? Like I said earlier, the ticket rep said they had 211 (category 6) and 229 (category 4) available. Not sure which would be easier to unload.

I have 2 tix in sec 127b, i've sold 13 of 16 games, looking to make it 14 of 17. I essentially made the season ticket package money back on 13 games and went to 3 games for free (+1 guest) and I'm getting all the goodies like citizen points, scarves and stickers that come in the the season ticket package. I probably could have sold all my tickets and walked away making money but I was greedy and didn't lower my price a few times. These numbers include my 10% discount for being a season one ticket holder so you'll likely find it hard to get free games like I did. But the tickets do sell when you can't go.

Obviously the redbulls games sell well. Big clubs games like LA sell well. And weekend games sell easier then weekday games. and when we are doing well tickets sell better then when we stink (i.e. last year). You are going to have a hard time getting rid of RSL on a thursday when either of both teams stink. The price floor makes it hard to sell on TM, but then you can go to stub hub and list them there for whatever price you want, and if you go really low you can recoup some cost (I assume). I usually go to games rather then sell them dirt cheap.

I know its not a popular stance but I am still pissed at the team for lampardgate. When the news hit i immediately called to cancel my tickets and the asshat on the phone wasted an hour of my time trying to talk me off a ledge before saying all sales are finally. Well I was effin livid after that and I can hold a grudge. And now I just sell my tickets. Still a fan of the club from my couch, and I am still buying discounted tickets, but now I am making a buck off the club like they want to make off me. But ignoring my motives, hopefully this gives you some color on your decision.

I have what I consider to better seats in 126 and i am rarely able to get face for them. Where are you selling them? Are the row 1?