Special Event Nov 13th

I truly hope we're right and they don't just lazily make an Adidas version of the MC jerseys. Everyone knows we're part of the city group. And if MelC isn't a complete clone, we absolutely shouldn't be either.

Reactions: Paul
Why do you doubt that we will get something lik ethat?

This is what we know so far:

The Jersey is Dark
The Jersey, from the picture, is presumably Navy Blue
The Jersey has Sky Blue Adidas stripes
The NYCFC Crest is on the Upper Left Chest
Adidas makes all of the MLS Jerseys
The same kit layout is used for ALL MLS Squads

I think it's a little too simple for an innagural kit. Don't get me wrong, the mockups above are exactly what I would want, but I think that they are going to add some other details. Sure, the template is going to be the same as the rest, but look at all the patterns and fades across the current kits. Hopefully it will be something simple like the stripes on the OCSC jersey.

So I did another version with navy for the shirt color. I think navy/light blue will be the colors of the shirt. Black looks great, but I don't see why they would go black for a home jersey.

This is close to what I expect we'll see on Thursday minus some details. I love this.

View attachment 723
I would buy 10 of these...

Great job mocking them up, I think that is what they will look like based on that teaser picture of DV. They are pretty boring to me though. Hard to differentiate from the other dark jerseys around the league. There are already plain black jerseys and plain dark blues. Hope there is something more to them.

Reactions: Kjbert
I honestly don't think we will see a real jersey till the event, which i cant wait any longer.

This is completely it. Really. I've seen it.
He's 14... I'm sure he doesn't work for NYCFC. There is no Levine on the executive team. There is a Cody 'Levine' who sells tickets so possibly related and slipped the kid a photo image.

In anycase, Drainyoo's photoshop of the jerseys look awesome. I hope they're accurate. Clean look.

Anybody hear the "deal" NYCFC announced with Adidas? I'm confused, I thought all MLS teams were already getting their kits and other accessories made by Adidas?

Yeah, I love simple jerseys.

Btw, if NYCFC makes the jersey available on Thursday then some people, in the wild, have seen them by now.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anybody hear the "deal" NYCFC announced with Adidas? I'm confused, I thought all MLS teams were already getting their kits and other accessories made by Adidas?
NYCFC is special ;-)
When people say a jersey is boring, what do you mean? You guys want rainbows, glitter, disco lights and a unicorn on it? Big clubs and clubs with big aspiration have classy jersey designs. Save the tuxedo jerseys for amateur clubs.
Exactly, this ain't Real Madrid with their dragons and shit ;-)

When people say a jersey is boring, what do you mean? You guys want rainbows, glitter, disco lights and a unicorn on it? Big clubs and clubs with big aspiration have classy jersey designs. Save the tuxedo jerseys for amateur clubs.
DC+United+2014+Home+Jersey.jpg
Screen-shot-2014-03-07-at-2.43.00-PM.png
vancouver-whitecaps-jersey-navy-2014-adidas-nas-new.jpg
thumb.aspx

Boring and same same