Summer Transfer Window

I think the addition of Shelton had to do with wanting someone who could win balls in the air on set pieces and clearances.
I also think part of it is he has jets. You can clear the ball when parking the bus and he can run and chase it down to kill more clock.

And you know what, that worked last night, causing Shuttleworth to get a red. Now I know that in the minute it happened in, it didn't end up having that dramatic of an effect, but it is one of the things that Khiry can bring to the table.

That aside, watching his one touch and loss of possession was heartbreaking. I noticed several times other players (I think mostly Pirlo and Villa) getting upset when he either lost immediate possession of a pass, or there was a time or two when he wasn't aggressive enough to take possession of a clearance.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
This is how moves happen. Just because we aren't hearing about it doesn't mean a big move isn't being planned.
If rumors swirl that means someone with one of the teams isn't doing their job and is leaking info to their press buddy.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
This is how moves happen. Just because we aren't hearing about it doesn't mean a big move isn't being planned.
If rumors swirl that means someone with one of the teams isn't doing their job and is leaking info to their press buddy.
That, or Lloyd Sam crushed Sacha's shin and choked Dax during practice this morning so Curtis immediately picked up the phone....

Or is doing their job and is trying to get leverage to influence the deal in their favor.

MLS is still calling the Sam deal a "report" and "rumor."
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/07/07/report-new-york-red-bulls-attempting-trade-lloyd-sam

Post might be right, but it's either not official yet or the league is keeping mum for some reason.
everyone's jettisoning their Ghanaian. So much for being in a MLS documentary.

Washington post says its official
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-acquires-lloyd-sam-from-new-york-red-bulls/

edit:

And just like that - within less than two months they were both...Ghanas :wink:

View attachment 5257

ah was beaten to it.

Edit 2:
"Gotham to Ghana to Gone"
Boom! i missed my calling as a copywritter.

Last edited:
Lloyd Sam announced he was crying on Twitter post "rumored move"

Assuming he is brought in over the winter transfer rumor, he hits our cap at $457,000 :)
If we got Pogba could we use GAM for Griezmann? Pretty impressed with his play both at the Champions League level and Euro Cup.
Perhaps we could play a 2-2-6 and just have Villa, Lampard, Pogba, Griezmann, Harrison roaming around, with Pirlo providing service?

adam adam post in the SKC thread got me thinking about our CB issues. So ideally we want:

1. Strong on the ball and skilled playing from the back
2. Good at tackling
3. Strong physical presence
4. High soccer IQ
Bonus: Speaks french for easy communication with Brillant

Are player coaches allowed? ;)

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
adam adam post in the SKC thread got me thinking about our CB issues. So ideally we want:

1. Strong on the ball and skilled playing from the back
2. Good at tackling
3. Strong physical presence
4. High soccer IQ
Bonus: Speaks french for easy communication with Brillant

Are player coaches allowed? ;)

Not sure we have enough TAM to cover his contract.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis