Summer Transfer Window

I think Euro 2016 has sort of been a coronation party for Griezmann into the elite tier of players. He's 4 years younger than Messi and 6 younger than Ronaldo and their only two players to outscore him in La Liga over the last 3 years. I know Pogba is a very different player but I think despite the pundits picks pre tournament this has definitely been Griezmann moment. As per NYCFC content to this post it was pointed out during the broadcast that he's a huge Knicks fan so maybe in a few years we can entice him with season tickets :D

I think Euro 2016 has sort of been a coronation party for Griezmann into the elite tier of players. He's 4 years younger than Messi and 6 younger than Ronaldo and their only two players to outscore him in La Liga over the last 3 years. I know Pogba is a very different player but I think despite the pundits picks pre tournament this has definitely been Griezmann moment. As per NYCFC content to this post it was pointed out during the broadcast that he's a huge Knicks fan so maybe in a few years we can entice him with season tickets :D
Sheee-itttt. All they needed to do was ask me. I've been killing it with Griezmann on FIFA for 4 years now.

Stupid argument, but I think peak Antoine is better than peak Villa.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think Euro 2016 has sort of been a coronation party for Griezmann into the elite tier of players.

Only for those who havn't been paying attention to the Champions League the past 2 years.

Edit: Because I realized it sounded snarky and I didn't intend to. I agree for the US it has been since here it feels like more people follow international soccer than club soccer. Possibly for the world outside of Europe as well as sometimes it seems like the only teams in La Liga people watch are Real and Brarca, regardless of how impressive Atletico has been the past few years.

Only for those who havn't been paying attention to the Champions League the past 2 years.

Edit: Because I realized it sounded snarky and I didn't intend to. I agree for the US it has been since here it feels like more people follow international soccer than club soccer. Possibly for the world outside of Europe as well as sometimes it seems like the only teams in La Liga people watch are Real and Brarca, regardless of how impressive Atletico has been the past few years.
Small Internet penis is small.

(See mix thread)

Real life penis is small, compensates on the internet, see all incoherent rants.
?

Was this was meant to insult me? Because I was already being self-deprecating.

Anyway, your message was garbled. Internet tonsillitis, I presume.

?

Was this was meant to insult me? Because I was already being self-deprecating.

Anyway, your message was garbled. Internet tonsillitis, I presume.

I took your message as an insult and fired back, I thought that's what was needed to to defend the honor of my internet penis. This message of explanation and my inability to understand your post in the first place is likely making matters worse for myself. I give up and of course sorry if I offended, I don't like doing that, see small internet penis.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Didn't totally take it that way. I think people have been aware he's good based on CL I just think he might still be somewhat underrated ? I think he's at least at the same level now as Bale, Suarez, Neymar but not sure that's a widely held opinion ? Or if it is that it was the case before his level of play at the Euros. And again to keep it sort of on topic. Understand the kid loves the Knicks for whatever reason. Maybe we can use Porzingis to sell him on us in a few years?

Reactions: gbservis
Didn't totally take it that way. I think people have been aware he's good based on CL I just think he might still be somewhat underrated ? I think he's at least at the same level now as Bale, Suarez, Neymar but not sure that's a widely held opinion ? Or if it is that it was the case before his level of play at the Euros. And again to keep it sort of on topic. Understand the kid loves the Knicks for whatever reason. Maybe we can use Porzingis to sell him on us in a few years?

That would be massive, adding to the dream maybe PV is using his France connections to plant the seeds for a few years from now as well.

I took your message as an insult and fired back, I thought that's what was needed to to defend the honor of my internet penis. This message of explanation and my inability to understand your post in the first place is likely making matters worse for myself. I give up and of course sorry if I offended, I don't like doing that, see small internet penis.
Not offended. I was self-deprecating in a more indirect way, i.e., drawing a contrast to your handling of the disagreement you encountered, and how I bitched at that guy in the other thread because I thought he was trolling. There, I apparently started an Internet dick-measuring contest per 413Blue (which I did not intend, but don't really mind since the thread had gone to shit repetitiveness anyway).

I don't do this for the danbucks. I play for the love of the game.

Reactions: gbservis
Someone posted a weird obscure vid of him vacationing here in NYC. If Zidane was the RM coach at the time Griez was leaving Real Sociedad, he wouldn't have gone to Atleti methinks.

Besides the money...is there more attraction towards the CSL than MLS? They sure do throw some big money around.

Reactions: Kjbert
Besides the money...is there more attraction towards the CSL than MLS? They sure do throw some big money around.

Chinese food? :)

Usually the second biggest factor after money is location/living style for athletes. If you don't mind living in an Asian society for a couple years making bank, I can see why many athletes would venture out there, especially compared to the significantly lower offers MLS makes.

I'm Asian so I personally wouldn't mind playing professionally in China making millions. Heck, I'll live anywhere making millions playing professional soccer except for the war-torn countries.

Chinese food? :)

Usually the second biggest factor after money is location/living style for athletes. If you don't mind living in an Asian society for a couple years making bank, I can see why many athletes would venture out there, especially compared to the significantly lower offers MLS makes.

I'm Asian so I personally wouldn't mind playing professionally in China making millions. Heck, I'll live anywhere making millions playing professional soccer except for the war-torn countries.
Making bank playing soccer anywhere sounds great. No matter what the air quality or food choices.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Anyway... Haven't heard any rumor exciting. Anyone who is familiar with NYCFC's thinking on the next transfer?

Anyway... Haven't heard any rumor exciting. Anyone who is familiar with NYCFC's thinking on the next transfer?
Just reading today that PV wants a player that will challenge others to be better and will be good in the dressing room. Jumping to conclusions but "challenge others to be better" could mean a DP caliber guy or a workhorse league veteran.

Reactions: adam