Superdraft 2015 Mega-thread

I want a young CB. I would like the next Matt Besler - someone who could anchor a defense for the next 10 years maybe

What about Yaro? If he comes out, seems like a lock defensive star from what I have read. Ghanian national, may be a Ghanian MNT player in the future.

My thinking on the matter is that with a new team like ours, unless there is a position that you are extremely thin at, go get the best and youngest player there is. Start collecting assets.

Reactions: Kubah
What about Yaro? If he comes out, seems like a lock defensive star from what I have read. Ghanian national, may be a Ghanian MNT player in the future.

My thinking on the matter is that with a new team like ours, unless there is a position that you are extremely thin at, go get the best and youngest player there is. Start collecting assets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-joshua-yaro-is-possible-top-mls-draft-pick/

Just read this on him. Seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders. I doubt he comes out after reading this but if he does I think OC would jump all over him. That being said I would love him to play for us. I also don't think NYCFC is looking for much contribution from their superdraft pick. It's going to be someone they think they can groom for the future.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
If I had to guess i would say we get one of the following four
Joshua Yaro
Cyle Larin
Leo Stolz
Cristian Roldan

Stolz is older and may not fit the groom for the future mold

Reactions: Kjbert
Besides the natural pick that NYCFC has, has Kreis gained any other picks through trading and using allocations? Did Lovitz head back to TFC on allocation alone?

I noticed Orlando snagged SJ's high draft pick by shipping a expansion draft pick to the Quakes. Smart.

If I had to guess i would say we get one of the following four
Joshua Yaro
Cyle Larin
Leo Stolz
Cristian Roldan

Stolz is older and may not fit the groom for the future mold

I like those as well but I wouldn't be shocked if we picked someone slightly off the radar. Kreis has a good eye for talent and college soccer doesn't get a lot of exposure so besides reading a couple of articles we really don't know much about any of them.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
co
I like those as well but I wouldn't be shocked if we picked someone slightly off the radar. Kreis has a good eye for talent and college soccer doesn't get a lot of exposure so besides reading a couple of articles we really don't know much about any of them.
college soccer also isn't very deep with high pro level talent

kreis picked discovery and he meant to pick nasl/usl . We basically have 2nd pick in everything that is important, expansion, superdraft and nasl/usl. Its all good thought, working out great so far

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-joshua-yaro-is-possible-top-mls-draft-pick/

Just read this on him. Seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders. I doubt he comes out after reading this but if he does I think OC would jump all over him. That being said I would love him to play for us. I also don't think NYCFC is looking for much contribution from their superdraft pick. It's going to be someone they think they can groom for the future.

I think Orlando will take the best offensive talent on the board. I don't think they have a finisher on that roster. Kaka could do what Henry did for BWP this year.

mlssoccer.com did a mock draft and here's the pick for NYCFC:
Fatai Alashe (MF)

Michigan State

We’ve heard that Real Salt Lake are interested in Alashe, which makes all the sense in the world; what other team places such a premium on defensive midfielders? Answer: Any team, anywhere, that is coached by Jason Kreis. We present New York City FC, which has put together a very solid backline but still lacks someone to chase down the ball in midfield. Would it be a reach? Possibly. But how can you not think that Kreis is considering it?

Here's the rest of the draft: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...nth-go-mls-campus-looks-ahead-2015-superdraft

I think mlssoccer.com has forgotten about Andrew Jacobsen. True though he doesn't have dreadlocks.