Superdraft 2015 Mega-thread

I'm already seeing people asking in different discussions about players available for the Superdraft. It would be nice to have all that info under the same thread.

To start, today MLS announced the 55 Generation Adidas:
http://next.mlssoccer.com/post/2014...layers-invited-2015-adidas-mls-player-combine
that isnt the generation adidas list. GA are underclassmen, above list are seniors. I wouldnt even look at that list except for maybe Leo Stolz, NYCFC will most likely be picking an underclassmen at 2 and then they should trade the rest of the picks away or go see a movie during the rest of the draft

the names that stick out there are adria besso marco and leo stolz, other top players are potnetial GA players. Cyle larin, joshua Yaro etc

Reactions: Kjbert
Only name I have heard of on that list is Nick Besler cause I know he is Matt Beeler's brother.

Generation Addidas are the best players, one reason because they should be good players but they are also essentially free for MLS teams, no hit on the salary cap. But yes that group is mostly different than who is at this senior combine.

The combine is a good group, NYCFC will definitely be attending and looking at which ones they want.

Generation Addidas are the best players, one reason because they should be good players but they are also essentially free for MLS teams, no hit on the salary cap. But yes that group is mostly different than who is at this senior combine.

The combine is a good group, NYCFC will definitely be attending and looking at which ones they want.

right, and they also have to be underclassmen, the program is in place to encourage players to turn pro earlier because USSF views the college system as a detriment to players growth, they want 19 and 20 year old pros like the rest of the world

So in the superdraft, if we take an underclassman, we would sign then to a GA contract and they would play on our reserve team? Can anyone explain GA?

So in the superdraft, if we take an underclassman, we would sign then to a GA contract and they would play on our reserve team? Can anyone explain GA?
no, they would have to already be signed to GA before the draft. GA contracts are offered to the best underclassmen and if they accept they get some perks such as their college paid for in the future at the expense of adidas. We will know the GA class before the draft

Larin and Miller seem highly rated. Cyle Larin was linked to New York before, as well.

I bet we'll look at Tim Parker, Dan Metzger and Tyler Arnone.