Swansea City

image.jpg

Reactions: mgarbowski
Nathan Dyer has been loaned out for the season to Leicester City.

Kinda questionable move by the front office here. Especially with Kenji Gorre and another young winger already loaned out.

Swans draw 0-0 against Everton.

Very timely defending saved us a point in this one.

Kinda surprised we've failed to score in 2 straight games. That international break really deflated our energy and momentum.

Montero got hurt, missed I think one game, and has not been great since coming back. It's hurt our offense to be sure. But there's more going on. They're just listless.

Swans have not won in 5 consecutive games.

Is it time to sound the alarm and get very worried?

They've looked just hapless on offense. They had 86 minutes to fins an equalizer against stoke and they couldn't do it. What's going on?!

Yeah, going back to Sept 12 across all competitions, they have scored, in order, 0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0. And the 2 included an own goal by Harry Kane. I can't even mostly blame Gomis as our offense just seems dead in the water overall and not creating chances. It sometimes seems Shelvey is the only one working things. I can only hope Monk hasn't lost his touch.

Yeah, going back to Sept 12 across all competitions, they have scored, in order, 0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0. And the 2 included an own goal by Harry Kane. I can't even mostly blame Gomis as our offense just seems dead in the water overall and not creating chances. It sometimes seems Shelvey is the only one working things. I can only hope Monk hasn't lost his touch.
Doubt that he's lost his touch. I just think that the team has strayed from the usual quick passing and fluid movement style. They seem to be aimlessly passing the ball around and lack direction.

On an unrelated note, why hasn't Ki been playing as much this season. He was one of the best players on the team last year. He really helped the midfield move the ball with purpose.

Doubt that he's lost his touch. I just think that the team has strayed from the usual quick passing and fluid movement style. They seem to be aimlessly passing the ball around and lack direction.

On an unrelated note, why hasn't Ki been playing as much this season. He was one of the best players on the team last year. He really helped the midfield move the ball with purpose.
I agree. I think Ki was hurt for one game but apart from that I'm not sure why he's been getting partial time. Like NYCFC we do have a glut in midfield with Ki, Shelvey, Siggurdson, Cork, Ayew, Montero, etc.

I agree. I think Ki was hurt for one game but apart from that I'm not sure why he's been getting partial time. Like NYCFC we do have a glut in midfield with Ki, Shelvey, Siggurdson, Cork, Ayew, Montero, etc.
Is like to see Ki and cork get some more playing time. They've done well whenever they've been given the chance to play

Swans finally right the ship with a 2-1 victory over Villa.

Both of the Ayew brothers scored in this one.

Sigurdson also scored.

This team is a chore to watch right now. They pass and pass and have 70% possession and do absolutely nothing with it.
It's frustrating for me to watch as well. Not sure what good it is to have the ball the whole match if you're not even going pretend like you want to score a goal.

What do you make of the new rumors that Huw Jenkins, club chairman, and Gary Monk had a falling out and that Monk is on the verge of being fired?

Their history is to make a move before things go too far awry, but I think Monk gets a bit more time as long as they stay above the zone. Right now I think the team needs to fix itself and he's giving the players room to do so. Of course if they don't take that opportunity he can't last forever.