Swansea City

Also, the Swans are now up to 15th place, 4 points clear from relegation. It's hardly safe, but the last two weeks really improved the situation from being in relegation. This was a good week in that Swansea was the only team in the bottom 7 to win,

Well, semi-brace. He had a goal and an assist by drawing the PK.
It was the winning goal. I believe that automatically makes it a brace. At least I think so.

Also, the Swans are now up to 15th place, 4 points clear from relegation. It's hardly safe, but the last two weeks really improved the situation from being in relegation. This was a good week in that Swansea was the only team in the bottom 7 to win,
Four points out of the relegation zone will ensure that the swans don't dip down that direction next week

Swans dropped some points today in a thrilling 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace.

This marks the first four game unbeaten run for the swans since the first four games of the season!

Dropped 2 points on Tuesday, too, in even worse fashion. It would have really helped to have gotten 4 points from these 2 games instead of 2. OTOH, a modest unbeaten streak as you noted, and 12 points in the last 8 games, which isn't amazing but is better than form the rest of the season and would probably keep the club clear if they keep it up.

Swans follow up midweek victory over Arsenal with a 1-0 win over Norwich!

Best week they've had in a long time. They always play well at the Emirates, and finishing it off with 3 at home against a relegation rival was key. After a slow start to his season, Siggurdson is Player of the Season to be sure.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Best week they've had in a long time. They always play well at the Emirates, and finishing it off with 3 at home against a relegation rival was key. After a slow start to his season, Siggurdson is Player of the Season to be sure.
Hopefully they are able to continue to ride this wave of momentum and move further up the table. The further they are from the bottom three at the end of the season, the more attractive they look to any future summer window targets.

Fabianski was absolutely garbage today and cost the swans a point with his bad positioning and lack of awareness.

Reactions: mgarbowski
A couple of points on the article. For the most part it just seemed to recount what happened without offering any analysis or behind the scenes details. But OTOH, it did kind of hint at one thing, which was to suggest that Shelvey was let go because he was too loyal to Monk. I haven't seen that before. I'm not even sure this article did say that, but it is implied.

A couple of points on the article. For the most part it just seemed to recount what happened without offering any analysis or behind the scenes details. But OTOH, it did kind of hint at one thing, which was to suggest that Shelvey was let go because he was too loyal to Monk. I haven't seen that before. I'm not even sure this article did say that, but it is implied.
Huh, I never actually thought about that point of view whenever I read the article.

Do you think that could have been the reason that Shelvey was sold?

Huh, I never actually thought about that point of view whenever I read the article.

Do you think that could have been the reason that Shelvey was sold?
If only because I couldn't figure out any other reason. And like I said, the article doesn't actually say this, it just mentions that Jonjo put Monk forward as a possible English team coach, then after Monk was fired by Swansea he was transferred due to a dispute with the club. It could be completely unrelated, but when you write it together like that it is suggestive.

If only because I couldn't figure out any other reason. And like I said, the article doesn't actually say this, it just mentions that Jonjo put Monk forward as a possible English team coach, then after Monk was fired by Swansea he was transferred due to a dispute with the club. It could be completely unrelated, but when you write it together like that it is suggestive.
It could be a very distinct possibility that Shalvey was sold because of that. However, I don't know if it had so much to do with that as it had to do with Shelvey's lack of playing time towards the end of the monk reign. He was left out of the squad in favor of Britton and Cork and I don't think he appreciated that very much. And he was left out under Curtis as well. It would seem to me that he saw his time on the field depleting and he wanted out before he lost his form and value by sitting on the bench.

Aside from Modu Barrow there was absolutely nothing good about the preformance against Newcastle today.

Can you guys get a win this weekend? Id really appreciate it, cheers.