Swansea City

I just this morning came across some news/rumor that seems to explain the club turmoil in the fall. Swansea posted a congratulations on Facebook to Leicester and Nathan Dyer for winning the league. Swansea loaned Dyer to Leicester shortly after the season started, and he played a small role on Leicester's run, scoring a winning goal in his first appearance against Aston Villa in the 89th minute. But the interesting part is some of the comments on the post referred to some sort of incident/scandal involving Dyer and Martin Morgan.
So I googled "Nathan Dyer Martin Morgan" and discovered that during the offseason it was discovered that Martin Morgan, a team shareholder, was having an affair with Dyer's wife.
https://thejack.army/threads/monk-dyer-morgan.10189/
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/swanseas-monk-sacked-merged.317441/page-4#post-9040153
http://www.not606.com/threads/morgan-scandal.318768/

So the players looked to Monk to take their side and back Dyer, but he couldn't, or at least felt as if he could not. Dyer gets sent off to Leicester and the players pout, including Williams and Jonjo. Monk loses control and the respect of the team altogether, and ends up sacked, which is what he was trying to avoid when he kept quiet about Morgan.

What a disgusting mess. The only public sources are fan forums like us, but it seems the details are sourced from some divorce filings, and the UK press just stayed away for fear of their less restrictive libel laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lasker
. . . and discovered that during the offseason it was discovered that Martin Morgan, a team shareholder, was having an affair with Dyer's wife . . .

. . . So the players looked to Monk to take their side and back Dyer, but he can't, or at least feels as if he cannot.

what a mess . . . and for a second, i thought one player was cheating with another player's spouse.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I just this morning came across some news/rumor that seems to explain the club turmoil in the fall. Swansea posted a congratulations on Facebook to Leicester and Nathan Dyer for winning the league. Swansea loaned Dyer to Leicester shortly after the season started, and he played a small role on Leicester's run, scoring a winning goal in his first appearance against Aston Villa in the 89th minute. But the interesting part is some of the comments on the post referred to some sort of incident/scandal involving Dyer and Martin Morgan.
So I googled "Nathan Dyer Martin Morgan" and discovered that during the offseason it was discovered that Martin Morgan, a team shareholder, was having an affair with Dyer's wife.
https://thejack.army/threads/monk-dyer-morgan.10189/
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/swanseas-monk-sacked-merged.317441/page-4#post-9040153
http://www.not606.com/threads/morgan-scandal.318768/

So the players looked to Monk to take their side and back Dyer, but he couldn't, or at least felt as if he could not. Dyer gets sent off to Leicester and the players pout, including Williams and Jonjo. Monk loses control and the respect of the team altogether, and ends up sacked, which is what he was trying to avoid when he kept quiet about Morgan.

What a disgusting mess. The only public sources are fan forums like us, but it seems the details are sourced from some divorce filings, and the UK press just stayed away for fear of their less restrictive libel laws.
I literally have no words for this.....

Swans announced their new kits for the 2016/2017 season. Gone are adidas and sponsor GWFX. Here to stay is Joma and new sponsor BetEast.

The HomeKit is a clean white shirt with a strange button up type of collar.

Away kit is a turquoise monstrosity that will hopefully only be worn a few times and then dumped into the fires of hell. It's terrible as far as I am concerned.

This year also marks the first time that Swansea produce replica jerseys specifically fitted for women.

Swans announced their new kits for the 2016/2017 season. Gone are adidas and sponsor GWFX. Here to stay is Joma and new sponsor BetEast.

The HomeKit is a clean white shirt with a strange button up type of collar.

Away kit is a turquoise monstrosity that will hopefully only be worn a few times and then dumped into the fires of hell. It's terrible as far as I am concerned.

This year also marks the first time that Swansea produce replica jerseys specifically fitted for women.
I kind of like the teal/turquoise, but then I like pretty much any blue uniforms except baby blue, which, well, ironic, I guess. I don't love the collar on the home kit but it's not awful.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Sale of a majority stake in the club to an American consortium confirmed. The group is led by one man with experience running DC United, which is not fully inspiring, although I think he is somewhat new to the club, like 2-3 years, and might have had a role in them finally getting a stadium. The other lead partner has experience running the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/art...akeover-americans-premier-league-3135404.aspx

I kind of like the teal/turquoise, but then I like pretty much any blue uniforms except baby blue, which, well, ironic, I guess. I don't love the collar on the home kit but it's not awful.
You don't like baby blue but you do like SKY blue. Right?

ESPN is reporting that Landon Donavan is set to join the new ownership group of Swansea City in some capacity.

The report doesn't really give any indication as to wether he will also be an owner or if he will have some executive position with the club.

FIFA Ranking of the remaining Euro 2016 teams in order:

Belgium 2
Germany 4
Spain 6
Portugal 8
Italy 12
France 17
Wales 26
Poland 27
Iceland 34

The common thread through the bottom 3 who beat the odds to get this far - Swansea.

Saw today that Sigurdsson may be on the way out. Supposedly Leicester and 'Spurs are interested.

Saw today that Sigurdsson may be on the way out. Supposedly Leicester and 'Spurs are interested.
Yeah that's been floating a few weeks now. He saved their season in the last 15 or so games and but he also kind of disappeared until then. I like him and would miss him if he goes.

Swansea aren't gonna sell him unless they can get a very hefty fee or a quality player in return.

Also, highly doubt he'd go to Spurs since that's the last team he played for before making the switch to Swansea. He never got into the groove with them and was benched a lot. Not sure why he'd consider going back to Spurs.

Swansea aren't gonna sell him unless they can get a very hefty fee or a quality player in return.

Also, highly doubt he'd go to Spurs since that's the last team he played for before making the switch to Swansea. He never got into the groove with them and was benched a lot. Not sure why he'd consider going back to Spurs.
I think it's the new owners initially thinking "oh yeah he's good we can use that cash to build the team back up to a consistent mid-table team."

Someone's going to have to remind them that we tried that, sent Gylfi to Tottenham where they didn't know how to use him, got him back and he's going to be the key to us being a consistent mid-table team.

I think it's the new owners initially thinking "oh yeah he's good we can use that cash to build the team back up to a consistent mid-table team."

Someone's going to have to remind them that we tried that, sent Gylfi to Tottenham where they didn't know how to use him, got him back and he's going to be the key to us being a consistent mid-table team.
I think Siggy wants to stay, at least for this season. I'm concerned about depth at defense and not having anyone to score, make plays or any way be creative in the midfield besides Siggurdson. Cork is reasonably solid. Ki hasn't done much since 2014-15 for some reason.

I think Siggy wants to stay, at least for this season. I'm concerned about depth at defense and not having anyone to score, make plays or any way be creative in the midfield besides Siggurdson. Cork is reasonably solid. Ki hasn't done much since 2014-15 for some reason.
We may just have to be a team that sags in the middle and hits from the wing with Montero & Barrow. We at least have some sharp spears in the front in Llorente & the incoming Baston.

This as as good as it gets for Swansea in the USA.
#StatesideJacks
IMG_6271.JPG