• THE City

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Gotham Blues

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • The 5 Boroughs

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
irl i refer to them as that new soccer team that is going to be playing in Yankee stadium. No, not them. No, not the cosmos, they are still playing but in a different league. No its a brand new team with david villa playing for them. Yes in MLS. Yes in Yankee stadium, ill take you to a game this year.

I dont know if that will fit on shirts though.

Voted - but as I said on twitter - I've been surprised at how much I've heard tell of "N Y City F C" when folks seasoned and green to football/soccer have brought up the team.

I don't like any of the choices and have avoided voting. I hope something better develops. This is, btw, yet another reason why it's a shame there's no news on the SSS front. Organic nicknames often develop based on location and stadium specifics. I'm also hoping our SSS develops a nickname because I'm personally not going to call it the Etihad which no doubt will be it's official designation.

I don't like any of the choices and have avoided voting. I hope something better develops. This is, btw, yet another reason why it's a shame there's no news on the SSS front. Organic nicknames often develop based on location and stadium specifics. I'm also hoping our SSS develops a nickname because I'm personally not going to call it the Etihad which no doubt will be it's official designation.
ETIHAD is one of the worst names out of any stadium in the history soccer.

I tend to think "Sportsdirect.com @ St James Park" is the worst stadium name in the history of football. Other contenders are Home Depot Center (doesn't even sound like a stadium), KitKat Crescent and DW Stadium (DW is not a sponsor, it's the initials of the club's owner).

I tend to think "Sportsdirect.com @ St James Park" is the worst stadium name in the history of football. Other contenders are Home Depot Center (doesn't even sound like a stadium), KitKat Crescent and DW Stadium (DW is not a sponsor, it's the initials of the club's owner).
Oh yeah Home Depot Center is terrible. StubHub Center is so much better ;)

I agree with you. All terrible names. Don't like stadiums selling out to the highest bidder.

Personally I like NY City, but it's not an option on the poll.

I like the idea of saying the word City, but I think saying New York City to describe the team is odd, that's why I lean towards NY City. Keep in mind, part of my task is to avoid redundancy so I might be the worst person to ask. In the poll I voted NYC.

I anticipate the in stadium chant being "Let's Go City, Let's Go City"

HA not even close. The NHL has some TERRIBLE names. Jobbing.com Arena is my fav. Canadian Tire Center is good too.

As for the poll, I like "City". Straight and to the point.

HA not even close. The NHL has some TERRIBLE names. Jobbing.com Arena is my fav. Canadian Tire Center is good too.

As for the poll, I like "City". Straight and to the point.
That's why I said soccer, which doesn't have any teams in the NHL as far as I know :p

Considering the bloods are still a very active gang in New York and have habit of jumping people who wear blue because it is the color worn be their rival gang, I'm going to say that would be a bad idea.

bahahaahhaaah, I shouldn't laugh but I honestly did not even think of that. Wow. Good catch brotha.

That was a good laugh. It figures I would unintentionally come up with a name that is related to gang violence.