Ticket Exchange Issues

Any others?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
At cost? Above/below?
About $18 above my per ticket cost! I had listed all of the games they would allow me, up until I think July, at a nice profit point. My idea was if they sell, cool. I'll pick up some seats elsewhere. It works out great this weekend as my seats are out in the open, I may go with some Delta seats, or at least some with cover.
My seats are front-row aisle close to the pitch so they have no problem selling.

About $18 above my per ticket cost! I had listed all of the games they would allow me, up until I think July, at a nice profit point. My idea was if they sell, cool. I'll pick up some seats elsewhere. It works out great this weekend as my seats are out in the open, I may go with some Delta seats, or at least some with cover.
My seats are front-row aisle close to the pitch so they have no problem selling.
Congrats and damn you! Was hoping for a win in Orlando and satisfactory weather to drive demand, but both got skunked and I wonder how quickly potential buyers are electing to stay home and watch on tv?

Congrats and damn you! Was hoping for a win in Orlando and satisfactory weather to drive demand, but both got skunked and I wonder how quickly potential buyers are electing to stay home and watch on tv?
Yeah I was surprised to see my opener seats actually went a few weeks ago. Even more surprised to see my seats against Orlando, which is still several weeks away, get sold the other day. In the past, I rarely sold my seats more than a week out with the exception of RB/Galaxy games. This is my first season in the 100 level though perhaps these seats are hotter.

It looks like there still might be an issue with Delta Club tickets properly posting on the Exchange map. Last week a colleague told me that he was looking for seats and he noticed that the Ticket Exchange had nothing listed in the Delta Club. I don't think he was even looking for Delta, but he noticed the big gap. I just checked the listings for tomorrow's game and he is right that it is showing no Delta tickets for sale. But, if you sort the tickets by section and scroll down it does have Delta tickets for sale listed in their proper section. Also, the tickets appear on the Ticketmaster map.

I came on here to complain about this. I haven't been able to attend the first 3 matches, so I've listed my seats at face value and none of them sold. I thought it was the weather but then I checked for one of the matches and my seats weren't listed. I'm about to bitch to the club. It's wasted money. Last season I had no issues selling tickets, they'd sell right away.

Last edited:
I came on here to complain about this. I haven't been able to attend the first 3 matches, so I've listed my seats at face value and none of them sold. I thought it was the weather but then I checked for one of the matches and my seats were listed. I'm about to bitch to the club. It's wasted money. Last season I had no issues selling tickets, they'd sell right away.
Were or were not listed?

I came on here to complain about this. I haven't been able to attend the first 3 matches, so I've listed my seats at face value and none of them sold. I thought it was the weather but then I checked for one of the matches and my seats weren't listed. I'm about to bitch to the club. It's wasted money. Last season I had no issues selling tickets, they'd sell right away.
That's weird. I couldn't make the last two games and posted my tickets and they sold no issue. Technology is weird.

Sorry, weren't listed.
I had a really weird experience this week where in order I posted my tickets, they apparently never were publicly listed in inventory, then I needed customer service to be able to unpost them, which took 2 hours, and right after it was confirmed both by email and by checking online that they were no longer posted, I got an email telling me they sold. The system is messed up.

Reactions: Paul and adam
I just posted my Orlando tickets for resale at about 10% above cost. This was my first posting this season. They sold in just a couple of hours.
That's a good sign! For some reason mine sold like 6 weeks ago at about 50% above face. Let's hope for a good crowd finally.

I just posted my Orlando tickets for resale at about 10% above cost. This was my first posting this season. They sold in just a couple of hours.
That's a good sign! For some reason mine sold like 6 weeks ago at about 50% above face. Let's hope for a good crowd finally.
I think very shortly the attendance issues are going to be verified as tied to the weather. Let's see what the next 3 home games do and how their mean average compares to the first 3.

I'm really anal retentive about this (read my many rants over lampardgate/why I sell), if anyone wants to use me as a cheat sheet they can. Everything was listed day 1, so far this is what I sold (as % over face):

DC - ate a loss
Montreal - +9% on 2/22/17
San Jose - flexed out of the match into New England 2nd match
Orlando - +56% on 3/20/17
Atlanta - offered +56%
New England 1st - +9% on 4/10/17
Philly - +56% on 3/14/17 ; waiting to list flexed tickets
Seattle - offered +56% ; waiting to list flexed tickets
Minnesota - Flexed out into Seattle
Toronto - Flexed out into philly
Chicago - offered +56%
NJRB - +96% on 4/11/17
NE 2nd - offered +56% ; waiting to list flexed tickets
KC - flexed out into Portland
Portland - offered +56% ; waiting to offer flex
Houston - offfered +56%
Columbus - offered +56%

My strategy:
I planned on flexing out of all the wed/thurs cause those are rough to sell. I did it early before most seats got taken. Unfortunately the terrible weather for SJ forced my hand so I ended up keeping NE as they are the most 'rivial-ish' of the 4 midweek games (it worked as they sold!!)

Everything is offered at 56% early, hoping to be the only seats and someone crosses my path, and its worked for orlando and philly (oddly). RB were marquee so I offered a little more same with ATL but the clock is ticking, people are competing with my tickets now and i lowered it.

I wanted atlanta tickets to flex into, but nothing good was available, so I choose NE on sunday knowing that NE sells well-ish. Portland for KC was cause Portland is a good team on a sat afternoon, Seattle for Min was cause they are a good team with stars on a sat afternoon. And my only real debate was flexing my last game to either philly or Chicago, and i went with philly cause those tickets sold well early so i was hoping there is demand.

The only problem i realized now is flexing tickets dont hit your account until 2 weeks before the match so you can't list them today. Had I known that I may have waited a bit to see if my midweek games sold and saved my flexes for later (at the risk of good seats being snatched up though).

I want to be aggressive as games get close to kickoff, if there is competing seat around me, i may jump to face value asap, then slightly below face, and finally if the weather is good i'll just go. I skipped DC cause the weather was so bad and ate a loss. Fun fact: I have never been able to sell an opening day ticket. I wanted to go to the first one ever, and the last two years i assumed people like opening day and overpriced and competition to sell gets fierce quick especially this year with the terrible weather.

So thats my game plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
Someone buy my Orlando tickets plz.

Ignore this because I'm just venting, and I expect everyone else figured this out months ago.
Apparently some time in the last year they changed it so you no longer edit or cancel a listing by doing so through your Ticket Exchange account, or your Tickets Now account, but from your regular STH account manager.
And I missed the memo, so I went nuts looking for the listings in those other accounts.
And the STH Account Manager is completely non-intuitive because on the Managed My Tickets page for each game it shows the ticket(s) are listed on the exchange and it says "Not available for action" and the Big buttons for "Print at Home," or "Transfer tickets,"or "Sell tickets" won't do anything for the ticket already listed. Which makes me think I need to perform changes at the exchange site. But I clicked this little link labeled "Transfer and Resale" and that's where you do it. So after a ticket is already listed
  • "Transfer tickets" won't work;
  • "Sell tickets" won't work; but
  • "Transfer & Resale" works
Because of course. I hate fucking bad web design.

Last edited:
Not sure how long this has been going on, but I just checked the ticketmaster page for the Atlanta match on May 7th and it does not show the ticket exchange tickets and they have no option to view them. I'm hoping this is just a temporary upgrade or glitch type of thing and not permanent, because if it is then fuck them.
Edit: Just looked forward a couple of matches and it has the resale seats still. Who knows why they don't appear for the ATL match.

Not sure how long this has been going on, but I just checked the ticketmaster page for the Atlanta match on May 7th and it does not show the ticket exchange tickets and they have no option to view them. I'm hoping this is just a temporary upgrade or glitch type of thing and not permanent, because if it is then fuck them.

I think it is a glitch. Resales are showing for other games.

Edit: Just looked forward a couple of matches and it has the resale seats still. Who knows why they don't appear for the ATL match.
Still no resale tickets up for the ATL match. I emailed them today and they said it was a glitch and they have been working on it. I call BS on that because I simply can't buy that a multi-billion dollar ticketmaster can't resolve this. Not sure if they want to juice primary sales or what the deal is, but if future matches do this, then I can't imagine renewing my tickets next year.
On a related note, my vs. Revolution tickets for the Wednesday night game somehow sold at cost!

Reactions: Rimil and Ulrich
Still no resale tickets up for the ATL match. I emailed them today and they said it was a glitch and they have been working on it. I call BS on that because I simply can't buy that a multi-billion dollar ticketmaster can't resolve this. Not sure if they want to juice primary sales or what the deal is, but if future matches do this, then I can't imagine renewing my tickets next year.
On a related note, my vs. Revolution tickets for the Wednesday night game somehow sold at cost!

I checked out Ticketsnow, which has the resales for Atlanta. It also has a much larger inventory of resale tickets for other games than Ticketmaster.