Ticket Exchange Issues

Any others?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
I checked out Ticketsnow, which has the resales for Atlanta. It also has a much larger inventory of resale tickets for other games than Ticketmaster.
im guessing that's due to people exchanging thier tickets last minute as they realize they can't sell, and/or they cant go. NYCFC is going to put those free'd up seats up for sale asap. Saw it happen with mine when i did it to the SJ game.

Still no resale tickets up for the ATL match. I emailed them today and they said it was a glitch and they have been working on it. I call BS on that because I simply can't buy that a multi-billion dollar ticketmaster can't resolve this. Not sure if they want to juice primary sales or what the deal is, but if future matches do this, then I can't imagine renewing my tickets next year.
On a related note, my vs. Revolution tickets for the Wednesday night game somehow sold at cost!

I also emailed, and call bullshit on this. Feels like discriminatory practice keeping resale tickets suppressed. But how can i prove it and who would care when resale services are a bonus feature but not a god given right.

Reactions: Ulrich
im guessing that's due to people exchanging thier tickets last minute as they realize they can't sell, and/or they cant go. NYCFC is going to put those free'd up seats up for sale asap. Saw it happen with mine when i did it to the SJ game.

I also emailed, and call bullshit on this. Feels like discriminatory practice keeping resale tickets suppressed. But how can i prove it and who would care when resale services are a bonus feature but not a god given right.

The discrepancy between the two sites exists going forward for several games. I need additional tickets for Seattle as my kid is having his birthday party, and it's been there for that game for a while.

The discrepancy between the two sites exists going forward for several games. I need additional tickets for Seattle as my kid is having his birthday party, and it's been there for that game for a while.
oh ticketsnow vs ticketmaster, I mistook what you said. I have no clue about that.

Yep. Pick a game and run the comparison. Many more resale tickets on TicketsNow (which is owned by Ticketmaster, by the way).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1991293

http://www.ticketsnow.com/new-york-city-fc-tickets/?cat=Event&fdt=4/28/2017 12:00:00 AM&tdt=10/28/2018 12:00:00 AM&maid=0&nodekey=00ff07c6d7af4e2ebe98e92274227cb5&searchpath=1

ETA: Looking at the two, it seems the discrepancy is that tickets that don't have seat numbers and are not instant download are not shown on Ticketmaster but are shown on TicketsNow. This makes me think they are not sourced from season ticket holders using the Ticket Exchange.

Last edited:
For a few weeks now at least the MLS Schedule page has had a link to "Buy Tickets From Fans" associated with certain games, including NYCFC Home games. Here is the June schedule to see yourself:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?...&form_id=mp7_schedule_hub_search_filters_form

The link goes to SeatGeek, which makes sense given the MLS/SeatGeek partnership.

But it seems to undermine NYCFC's own Ticket Exchange. I don't think STH listing on the Ticket Exchange are automatically being cross posted on to SeatGeek. If someone has different information please share. Effectively the MLS website is pushing potential buyers away from NYCFC's official ticket listing service for Season Ticket Holders, which isn't really right.

There actually seems to be a lot of overlap between what's on Tickemaster and what is on Seat Geek. Same is true for Tickets Now. Basically, Ticketmaster has a more limited number of seats for resale, but those seem to include all the season ticket holders going through the exchange. Then, these other sites have those seats plus some others.

There actually seems to be a lot of overlap between what's on Tickemaster and what is on Seat Geek. Same is true for Tickets Now. Basically, Ticketmaster has a more limited number of seats for resale, but those seem to include all the season ticket holders going through the exchange. Then, these other sites have those seats plus some others.
So you think they are automatically cross-posting, without STHs needing to do anything (or even being told)? I don't even have a SeatGeek account at the moment so not sure how that would work. I also have no current plans to sell any tickets, but I do from time to time. I'm not arguing. Trying to clarify what you're saying.

So you think they are automatically cross-posting, without STHs needing to do anything (or even being told)? I don't even have a SeatGeek account at the moment so not sure how that would work. I also have no current plans to sell any tickets, but I do from time to time. I'm not arguing. Trying to clarify what you're saying.

Ugh!!! The Ticketmaster seats are not on seatgeek. I just checked the philly game. I might have to just pull them from the ticket exchange and put them up on StubHub or seatgeek. I think they cross post. Pain in the ass. Might be another reason we are all having trouble selling tickets this year.

Ugh!!! The Ticketmaster seats are not on seatgeek. I just checked the philly game. I might have to just pull them from the ticket exchange and put them up on StubHub or seatgeek. I think they cross post. Pain in the ass. Might be another reason we are all having trouble selling tickets this year.
Starting to seem like being tied to the Yankees/YS is kicking us in another unforeseen way... CFG and NYCFC really needs to figure out how to get away for that slimy org - part of the allure of season tickets is knowing you can (or should be able to) reliably resell tickets.

Reactions: adam
Starting to seem like being tied to the Yankees/YS is kicking us in another unforeseen way... CFG and NYCFC really needs to figure out how to get away for that slimy org - part of the allure of season tickets is knowing you can (or should be able to) reliably resell tickets.
Yankees have an exclusive with StubHub now so we've split with the Yankees there.

Yankees have an exclusive with StubHub now so we've split with the Yankees there.
Well shit... then wtf are we doing with Ticketmaster if MLS is linking to tix on stubhub?

I just got a notice my philly seats are about to expire on TM. I'm pulling them and re-listing on StubHub. I'll let ya'll know if I have better results.

Did you set an early expiration? Why are they expiring now?

I looked they expire on the 3rd. Guess they give me a week's notice. Which is the reminder I need to take them down and relist on stubhub if I want people to actually see them.

Reactions: mgarbowski