Uhhhh Ticket Resale Other Than Stubhub?

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
So, I got stuck with 6 additional tickets that I bought months ago when season ticket holders had first dibs for friends that were going to come to the game. 2 of them I gave away here and the other 6 were for me Falastur and my 4 friends. Well due to unforeseen circumstances neither were able to make the trip (2 couples).
So I decided to sell them face value.
Which on stubhub means the face value + fees.
In this case $110 for Delta Skyclub + $20 and change in buyer fees. How can you have $20 in buyer fees per ticket if I provide PDF Upload to begin with?
Anyway my tickets sold today and I check my email and it says tickets sold $660 - $66 = $594
They took ADDITIONAL $66 in 'Seller Fees'
So on that transaction they made over $180 between me and the buyer. That's insane.
I was actually contacted by a NYC based start up to participate in their beta for a ticket exchange website. Depending on how the NYCFC Ticket exchange goes perhaps we could give it a shot.

Reactions: Kubah and SFphoto
Stubhub takes fees on both ends and as you've noticed it's substantial. Most official team exchanges have somewhat lower fees. When I most recently signed into the NYCFC Ticket Manager it made me read and sign a new TOS which seemed to cover the ticket selling feature. The words "Sell Your Tickets" or something like that now does appear on the ticket manager page, but the option still has not gone live. At this point, I'm guessing it will be available for Game 2.

So, I got stuck with 6 additional tickets that I bought months ago when season ticket holders had first dibs for friends that were going to come to the game. 2 of them I gave away here and the other 6 were for me Falastur and my 4 friends. Well due to unforeseen circumstances neither were able to make the trip (2 couples).
So I decided to sell them face value.
Which on stubhub means the face value + fees.
In this case $110 for Delta Skyclub + $20 and change in buyer fees. How can you have $20 in buyer fees per ticket if I provide PDF Upload to begin with?
Anyway my tickets sold today and I check my email and it says tickets sold $660 - $66 = $594
They took ADDITIONAL $66 in 'Seller Fees'
So on that transaction they made over $180 between me and the buyer. That's insane.
I was actually contacted by a NYC based start up to participate in their beta for a ticket exchange website. Depending on how the NYCFC Ticket exchange goes perhaps we could give it a shot.
WOW. God I hate ticket master. I hate it so much. Were you not able to use the NYCFC Ticket Manager? Or does that send you to StubHub?

Reactions: roxfontaine
WOW. God I hate ticket master. I hate it so much. Were you not able to use the NYCFC Ticket Manager? Or does that send you to StubHub?
It didn't let me use ticketmaster. When I tried the free transfer it says it's not available yet. This was via stubhub. Is ticket exchange working for anyone else?

Stubhub is pretty clear with how much you take from the price you set. They rob you but you need to pay attention a little more to the fine print.

Stubhub is pretty clear with how much you take from the price you set. They rob you but you need to pay attention a little more to the fine print.
Yeah I just saw the 'buyer fees' and set my price according to that. Didn't realize I'd get took for an extra $66 after the fact.

I agree it is frustrating how much of a bite they take. In the end the buyer has to pay 30% over face value when the seller just wants to recoup their costs.

Is this an acceptable time/place to mention I have three seats to the opener in 202 that I would rather sell here for "ticketmaster price" than on stubhub?

Feel free to delete if this is out of line.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
StubHub's fees are pretty clear, but they're also oddly stated in their Pricing Tool and ends up causing confusion. It goes something like "Put the price you want to receive in Box 1, we add the Buyer Fees and determine the listing price which shows in Box 2. But then we take your fee from Box 1 so you'd don't actually get that."

Which kind of negates the whole point of the pricing tool.

I am considering buying tickets for a future game without knowing 100% that I will use them. I am now trying to figure out on Stubhub how much the selling fees will be, but can't figure it out at all. It is intentionally confusing.

I am considering buying tickets for a future game without knowing 100% that I will use them. I am now trying to figure out on Stubhub how much the selling fees will be, but can't figure it out at all. It is intentionally confusing.
They use "dynamic" pricing, which is a basically away to screw you without you realizing it. Different games have different fees.

I agree it is frustrating how much of a bite they take. In the end the buyer has to pay 30% over face value when the seller just wants to recoup their costs.

Is this an acceptable time/place to mention I have three seats to the opener in 202 that I would rather sell here for "ticketmaster price" than on stubhub?

Feel free to delete if this is out of line.
Can't answer your question, but I would direct NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan back to my opinion on why we should allow people to post tickets...

I ain't just whistlin' Dixie over here, boys. I am an astute motherfucker, motherfuckers.

Can't answer your question, but I would direct NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan back to my opinion on why we should allow people to post tickets...

I ain't just whistlin' Dixie over here, boys. I am an astute motherfucker, motherfuckers.
No issues with the people who are asking/offering tickets in the game threads but for our protection as has been pointed out on the legal side we can not say "hey we made this section/post for you to buy sell and trade"
I'm waiting for the ticket exchange to come around before we make any other decisions.

I got an email asking me to take a survey about my StubHub listing this morning and I filled it out. My biggest entry basically copied what I said above about how the pricing tool should be net of all fees, not just buyer fees.

Reactions: Lasker
I'm a STH in section 238,and was looking for 1 ticket in section 238 for the home opener any help is greatly appreciated