Tony Meloa To Join Yes Network?

Huh, never even heard of this guy.
LOL

Perhaps this will jog your memory ;)
11351646_579141015557532_1200639722_n.jpg

For the millennials among us, GK for the '94 USMNT.
I'm not a millenial, but this was some helpful information. I didn't exactly follow the United States back in '94. I started following the U.S. Casually in 2002. Before that, Mexico was the only national team I rooted for.

I'm not a millenial, but this was some helpful information. I didn't exactly follow the United States back in '94. I started following the U.S. Casually in 2002. Before that, Mexico was the only national team I rooted for.

Sounds like in 2002 you made the right (and better) choice ;):)

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Sounds like in 2002 you made the right (and better) choice ;):)
I still am an avid Mexico fan, being a native of that country, but something struck a cord with me during the 2002 World Cup that led to my affection for the USA. Not sure what it was, but it happened and I'm glad that it did. Now I get to enjoy the ups and downs of twice as much international football.

Not to rain on the whole USA parade here, but if the two teams play each other my allegiance is with my homeland.

Reactions: dannd23
I still am an avid Mexico fan, being a native of that country, but something struck a cord with me during the 2002 World Cup that led to my affection for the USA. Not sure what it was, but it happened and I'm glad that it did. Now I get to enjoy the ups and downs of twice as much international football.

Not to rain on the whole USA parade here, but if the two teams play each other my allegiance is with my homeland.
Do you also root for the Yankees and the Red Sox?

FYI my pic was when Meola briefly joined the NY Jets as a backup place kicker. I should have realized there might be a generation gap now and people had no clue who he was.

FYI my pic was when Meola briefly joined the NY Jets as a backup place kicker. I should have realized there might be a generation gap now and people had no clue who he was.

Was he ever even a back-up? I thought he was cut before the season started.

ESPN and SportsCenter had a field day with his try-outs because I think it happened right after the World Cup ended.

..damn, I miss watching SC on a loop while on summer vacations as a kid. I'm pretty sure that summer was all OJ's arrest, the WC in the US, Meola with the Jets (it got way more play than it should have), and Shaq with the Dream Team 2.

Works for YES to cover NYCFC played NYRB and is a NYRB fan and will be honored at todays match ?

I thought he was particular poor compared to Ian Joy. Meola also did the Sunday's FS1 MLS game. He's a Red Bull. They should never be in the NYCFC booth.
Agreed he's scum get rid of him

17-Male-Athletes-Who-Rocked-Some-Serious-Ponytails.jpg

I thought he was particular poor compared to Ian Joy. Meola also did the Sunday's FS1 MLS game. He's a Red Bull. They should never be in the NYCFC booth.

The team that a broadcaster played for doesn't matter. Several players wound up broadcasting for a rival team: Tom Seaver was excellent in the Yankee booth; Don Drysdale did the Angels for several years; Mark Jackson had a good run in the Nets' TV booth.

Meola should be judged solely on whether he is a good analyst, not on what team he played for. And, based on the only game that I saw with him in the booth, I didn't think he did a good job.