Tv Improvementsfor 2016

For the Unimas announcers to announce in the style of America/British announcers because that's the audience that's watching in English on Unimas. Stop sounding like the crazy Spanish announcers with the use of the English language. This drives me fucking nuts.

lol at your rant

It's not a rant, it's the truth.
Lol no

One of their commentators is Irish so he Isint "pretending" to be euro. It's what he is.

The announcer is Hispanic so yes you will get that mix of English and Spanish and the long gooool sound.

You don't like it? tough, send a strongly worded letter to MLS.

I much rather be able to see the games live no matter the language than having to stream the game or watch it delayed by an hour because YES decided to screw us by showing a post game show.

Reactions: Paul and Gene
I speak Spanish but still think those unimas guys are terrible. Spanish speaking soccer announcers usually bring outstanding passion that many english speaking ones seriously lack.

But unimas is terrrrible.

I speak Spanish but still think those unimas guys are terrible. Spanish speaking soccer announcers usually bring outstanding passion that many english speaking ones seriously lack.

But unimas is terrrrible.

This. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of quality, and they don't have it.

Still, what do you expect? The number of people watching with the English language option have to be in the low tens of thousands.

Comcast still doesn't have YES.. :mad:

Sadly I'm anticipating missing a couple of early games. I'm sure they will have an agreement by the time the Yankees start but we start before baseball so good chance we have no TV for the first couple matches....

Reactions: adam
Lol no

One of their commentators is Irish so he Isint "pretending" to be euro. It's what he is.

The announcer is Hispanic so yes you will get that mix of English and Spanish and the long gooool sound.

You don't like it? tough, send a strongly worded letter to MLS.

I much rather be able to see the games live no matter the language than having to stream the game or watch it delayed by an hour because YES decided to screw us by showing a post game show.

I've sent strongly written tweets to Unimas. It's the play-by-play guy, who has the long goooool sound and screams of any action when the ball is close to/in the box.

It's the play-by-play guy, who has the long goooool sound and screams of any action when the ball is close to/in the box.

Yeah he's intolerable, and they over-use the word "class."

On a side note, who was the American accent guy commentating on the Man City / Spurs game yesterday? Maybe I was just hearing things.

Last edited:
I've sent strongly written tweets to Unimas. It's the play-by-play guy, who has the long goooool sound and screams of any action when the ball is close to/in the box.

wrong account homie....you gotta go to UDN

the unimas/univision deal is an absolute disaster IMO
I don't know whether it is or is isn't from a business perspective for the league, but just as a fan who wants to watch the games, it is terrible. I would watch many of the Friday night matches to get to see different teams if it wasn't such a painful experience between the SAP issue and the fact that the English language announcers are atrocious.

Can't NYCFC/CFG pay Joe and Ian to call the game on a radio stream on the team's website so we don't have to listen to Unimas?

Can't NYCFC/CFG pay Joe and Ian to call the game on a radio stream on the team's website so we don't have to listen to Unimas?
Amusingly, I actually tried to play the NYCFC radio feed last year during the Chicago game (i.e., the AJ red card, Meara gaffe game) so that I could listen to it while watching Unimas. However, the two were out of sync so, even that didn't work. My wife thought it was hilarious watching me to try to sync them up.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Amusingly, I actually tried to play the NYCFC radio feed last year during the Chicago game (i.e., the AJ red card, Meara gaffe game) so that I could listen to it while watching Unimas. However, the two were out of sync so, even that didn't work. My wife thought it was hilarious watching me to try to sync them up.

radio guys are not really great....i was listening once on my way home very meh....then again its been years since i listen to games on radio.

Considering they wouldn't pay for them to travel to Philly to broadcast a game...

Reactions: Fantazma

If you listen to the radio feed through TuneIn, then synching it with the television picture should be relatively easy. You can pause and resume the radio feed with the controls on the TuneIn player; so you can synch the two even if the radio is ahead of the television.

The thing to remember is that the games are always on the WFAN feed on TuneIn, even if the over-the-air broadcast is bumped to another station.

So has anybody heard anything about when/if YES is coming back to Comcast any time soon?

The 1st Yankee spring training game is Wednesday afternoon and it's scheduled to be broadcast by YES, so I would imagine talks are heating up. However, I really don't think exhibition games are going to move the needle much.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think Comcasters just may be SOL for the Chicago match. Our next two matches (Toronto & Orlando) are nationally televised, so there's no problem there.

Our next match on YES is 3/26 vs New England and I'd say it's 50/50 the issues are resolved.

Yankees Opening Day is 4/4 and I'd say it's 99.99999% everything will be settled by then (and your Comcast bill goes up).