Twitter - ‏@NickChavezMLS - Possibility of a big contract being terminated

Realistically who else could it be? It isn't Pirlo or Villa. It's not Mix. It's not Matarrita. Has to be Lamps.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I would like to believe that all a parties involved (Lamps/NYCFC/CFG)....... if true it has to be Lamps right???......have finally said enough is enough and decide to move on.

The question is what constitutes a "Big" contract. Obviously a DP contract is the biggest possible, but any contract in the 200-350K range is still big in respect to what it allows via the Cap.

That said, with Lamp's continued calf injury and lack of time on the field - coupled with Mix's not surprising production from his CM slot, I'd have to agree with Albany_NYCFC Albany_NYCFC that the towel may be in the process of being thrown in by all parties invloved.

I mean this realistically sounds like Lampard. But could it be Iraola? Just to throw in another name with a big contract that hasn't lived up the expectations. I would hope it's Lampard but hey that's another name we could potentially drop.

Can't imagine it's Lampard. He's still doing a lot of promo stuff for the club, so it seems very unlikely that he is on his way out.

My money is on Iraola. He lost his place to RJ freaking Allen last season, and his salary is way too big to be a bench warmer.
Lampard would have no choice but to do the promotional stuff - until the hypothetical buy-out is finalized, refusing to appear for his off-field work would constitute a breach of contract.

Lampard would have no choice but to do the promotional stuff - until the hypothetical buy-out is finalized, refusing to appear for his off-field work would constitute a breach of contract.

Maybe the post was speaking more to NYCFC/CFG choosing to use him to promote the club as indicative that they are not seeking to terminate his contract more than it being indicative of Lampard's intentions. But I've learnt not to rely on promo as a reliable indicator of who is on our team

Maybe the post was speaking more to NYCFC/CFG choosing to use him to promote the club as indicative that they are not seeking to terminate his contract more than it being indicative of Lampard's intentions. But I've learnt not to rely on promo as a reliable indicator of who is on our team
His promotional work should not be read in to ala tea leaves. As long as he's under contract, the club will definitely use him and he in turn will comply. NYCFC could still be looking to terminate and/or Lampard could still be looking to leave, or neither is the case.

Chavez defends NYCFC to hell and back but hasn't been very reliable for his "sources". He's not much of a journalist but somehow scammed his way into the press box. That being said I'd love to get rid of Lampard. Also love his pro NYCFC agenda of course.

Chavez defends NYCFC to hell and back but hasn't been very reliable for his "sources". He's not much of a journalist but somehow scammed his way into the press box. That being said I'd love to get rid of Lampard. Also love his pro NYCFC agenda of course.
This 100%

NYCFCfan NYCFCfan get on this buddy! ;)
o_O I saw it. Don't have anything to add because I've heard nothing of it. I'm sure the idea of Lampard being bought out has been brought up but it would be a hell of a stretch and unless they had a big name lined up then there's no way it happens.

The only way this happens is if he says his injury is worse than it really is and he retires, though given that he's been with the club and training with the club I don't think that's the case.

I know he mentioned Cáceres and I had suggested the idea a few months ago, but when I spoke to someone familiar with the team they told me it was very unlikely he'd go to NYCFC.

At the moment Cáceres can't go to England because he doesn't have a work permit and can't get one quickly.

Seriously.... what a slacker right before a holiday weekend....
For the record I was out playing soccer! lol

I'll do some digging but I've heard nothing, so really I can't add anything.